Nicht eingeloggt.
Passwort vergessen?


Bitte erst registrieren. Danach ist es möglich Beiträge zu schreiben.



 Nach unten   Vorheriges Thema   Nächstes Thema

#1
VB on OculusGo
Geschrieben am: 28.07.2018 21:51
VUE(xpert)
Dabei seit 15.12.2016
USA
290 Beiträge
Long Time User (2 Years)
Haven’t tried it yet but people seem to like it. The Oculus Go I have and it’s quite good for the price.

https://www.reddit.com/r/OculusGo/comm ... ersion_of_my_virtual_boy/
Nach oben

#2
Re: VB on OculusGo
Geschrieben am: 28.07.2018 22:50
PVB Elite
Dabei seit 09.07.2012
USA
832 Beiträge
Top10 PosterLong Time User (6 Years) 20+ Game Ratings
They are nice but at $250, it’s just not worth it to me. Still I’d like to see footage of it working with the viewer and external footage at the same time in a video.
Nach oben

#3
Re: VB on OculusGo
Geschrieben am: 29.07.2018 0:43
VUE(xpert)
Dabei seit 15.12.2016
USA
290 Beiträge
Long Time User (2 Years)
Zitat:

Dreammary wrote:
They are nice but at $250, it’s just not worth it to me. Still I’d like to see footage of it working with the viewer and external footage at the same time in a video.


The cheaper one is $199. Not too bad. About the price of a VB on eBay and dual function as a current VR HMD. Wonder if a wireless VB controller might be possible...
Nach oben

#4
Re: VB on OculusGo
Geschrieben am: 29.07.2018 1:00
VUE(xpert)
Dabei seit 15.12.2016
USA
290 Beiträge
Long Time User (2 Years)
Zitat:

mellott124 wrote:
Zitat:

Dreammary wrote:
They are nice but at $250, it’s just not worth it to me. Still I’d like to see footage of it working with the viewer and external footage at the same time in a video.


The cheaper one is $199. Not too bad. About the price of a VB on eBay and dual function as a current VR HMD. Wonder if a wireless VB controller might be possible...


Yes looks possible. I’ll try when I’m back in town. :-)
Nach oben

#5
Re: VB on OculusGo
Geschrieben am: 30.07.2018 21:05
VB Gamer
Dabei seit 25.04.2012
Schweiz
29 Beiträge
Long Time User (7 Years)
I tried Wario Land with a Gamepad Samsung EI-GP20 and everything works fine!

It's from far my best VB emulation experience !
Stereo sound, save states, good VR display (not stuck in front of your eyes) and no lag.

Now I need a blutooth adapter for my vb controller :D
Wario land just need A+B and left pad, but this is not the case for others games...

Otherwise it would be cool that the developper creates a kind of teather or backgroud for the screen.
Two player online would be a must.

I totally recommand the try !

PS: I 've installed the android SDK. Just the ADB driver was no enough.
Nach oben

#6
Re: VB on OculusGo
Geschrieben am: 31.07.2018 2:16
VUE(xpert)
Dabei seit 15.12.2016
USA
290 Beiträge
Long Time User (2 Years)
Zitat:

czar_h wrote:
I tried Wario Land with a Gamepad Samsung EI-GP20 and everything works fine!

It's from far my best VB emulation experience !
Stereo sound, save states, good VR display (not stuck in front of your eyes) and no lag.

Now I need a blutooth adapter for my vb controller :D
Wario land just need A+B and left pad, but this is not the case for others games...

Otherwise it would be cool that the developper creates a kind of teather or backgroud for the screen.
Two player online would be a must.

I totally recommand the try !

PS: I 've installed the android SDK. Just the ADB driver was no enough.


Great! I’ll get the VB wireless controllers up and running when I’m back home in 2 weeks.
Nach oben

#7
Re: VB on OculusGo
Geschrieben am: 06.08.2018 5:04
VUE(xpert)
Dabei seit 15.12.2016
USA
290 Beiträge
Long Time User (2 Years)
Here's a simple skin that you can have made at mightyskins.com for Oculus Go. You'll need to add the Virtual Boy text via their site. I'm sure someone with better art skills than me could make a more elaborate one.

https://www.mightyskins.com/oculus/oculus-go-cyo/

Datei anhängen:



png  MightySkinSimple.png (22.34 KB)
14261_5b67ba7c0d6f7.png 577X740 px

png  VBOculusGoNoLogo.png (1,002.17 KB)
14261_5b67ba884faa3.png 640X400 px

png  VBOculusGoBottom.png (3.31 KB)
14261_5b67ba94194cd.png 1296X864 px

png  VBOculusGoTop.png (4.99 KB)
14261_5b67bad09ec61.png 1296X864 px
Nach oben

#8
Re: VB on OculusGo
Geschrieben am: 06.08.2018 6:20
PVB Elite
Dabei seit 09.07.2012
USA
832 Beiträge
Top10 PosterLong Time User (6 Years) 20+ Game Ratings
That skin just made it much more appealing as a device. It really did.
Nach oben

#9
Re: VB on OculusGo
Geschrieben am: 13.08.2018 8:14
VUE(xpert)
Dabei seit 15.12.2016
USA
290 Beiträge
Long Time User (2 Years)
The emulator is pretty cool on Oculus Go. Larger FOV is nice but not too large. 3D looks good. Lots of adjustment including changing screen color.

My wireless controller doesn't work but the wired one responds using my VB controller USB adapter. The mapping has to be adjusted so I think I'll add a new mapping to the VB controller USB adapter that works with this Oculus Go emulator without forcing a remap. Currently I use mode B but start, select, left trigger, and right trigger don't map correctly and repeat.

Morintari also did a much better skin for the Oculus Go. I'm attaching it here. You can use these on mightyskin.com to have some vinyl skins made for your Oculus Go that give it a VB feel.

Datei anhängen:



png  06Front detailing fin.png (36.20 KB)
14261_5b71219de2c34.png 642X334 px

png  04Top detailing fin.png (116.23 KB)
14261_5b7121a305897.png 756X342 px

png  02Bottomdetailing fin.png (116.21 KB)
14261_5b7121a902ddf.png 814X352 px
Nach oben

#10
Re: VB on OculusGo
Geschrieben am: 13.08.2018 9:18
VUE(xpert)
Dabei seit 15.12.2016
USA
290 Beiträge
Long Time User (2 Years)
VB controller USB adapters fixed now to work out of the box. Hold B and A to enter the Oculus Go emulator mode. Works perfectly. Had to add an extra "X" button to bring up the emulator system menu which is triggered by holding down both select and start on the controller. Everything maps directly now at boot up.

Games on the Oculus Go will now play with the controller correctly just like on the VB. :-)
Nach oben

 Nach oben   Vorheriges Thema   Nächstes Thema


Bitte erst registrieren. Danach ist es möglich Beiträge zu schreiben.