Hello Everybody!!!
Posted on: 2015/2/22 3:24
VB Gamer
Joined 2015/2/20
USA
26 Posts
Long Time User (4 Years)
Hi all!!!
I'm new to the site and Ive been reading the forum threads like a crazed madman and am glad to have read that everyone seems to be helpful and down to earth here which is refreshing cause I just put in my order to Richard for a Flash Boy Plus and will probably have many questions about it. I'm not a coder but have the highest respect for them (its a gift I just ain't got). Ive loved video games ever since my older brother brought home our Atari 2600 back in the late 70's. Back then (and still now) I was amazed at how one could manipulate sprites on the TV, I felt the same way when I first looked into the headset of the Virtual Boy and saw Mario's Tennis,this made me pick up my Virtual Boy on launch day.
Since I grew up in the 80's I got a huge, and I mean huge collection of Transformers from G1 to 3rd party robots, so if anyone else share's my enthusiasm let me know so I can prove to my wife its a normal hobby....(We pose not play with them). Cant stand the Michael Bay movies, give me the 80's movie with Prime's death edited out and all will be right with the world. Anyways I also bought a 3D printer recently (my hopes for replicating the Dinobots quickly vanished upon its arrival). I did manage to print out a new Virtual Boy medallion for my stand, so give me time and maybe...Oh well it looks cool as hell when its printing anyways(just wish the wife thought so). Oh one last thing the only sport I watch is boxing and with the recent announcement of Mayweather/Pacquiao all I can say is yessss and its about time this happened.
Thanks
Your new buddy
melloman

Re: Hello Everybody!!!
Posted on: 2015/2/22 13:33
Virtual Freak
Joined 2013/9/11
Great Britain
68 Posts
Long Time User (6 Years)
Hi there!

Posted on: 2015/2/22 20:42
PVB Elite
Joined 2013/6/17
Canada
1155 Posts
Top10 Poster10+ Game RatingsLong Time User (6 Years)
Welcome to the site

Posted on: 2015/2/22 21:45
VB Gamer
Joined 2015/2/20
USA
26 Posts
Long Time User (4 Years)
Thanks Guys, by the way I loved your review of Hyper fighting speedyink. That game looks amazing, cant wait to play the demo!

Posted on: 2015/2/24 0:50
Virtual Freak
Joined 2014/5/27
USA
51 Posts
Long Time User (5 Years)
Welcome to the community. I also have a collection of Transformers, but my most prized piece is the MP-04 Optimus Prime with trailer. I am also excited for those recently announced combiner wars transformers from Hasbro. That Devastator from combiner wars is sweet!

Google it or check out my attached image

Attach file:

jpg  xh9buzxslc9i567vhmpc.jpg (113.46 KB)
4162_54ebbd6c6abb9.jpg 636X963 px

Posted on: 2015/2/24 6:33
PVB Elite
Joined 2013/6/17
Canada
1155 Posts
Quote:

melloman wrote:
Thanks Guys, by the way I loved your review of Hyper fighting speedyink. That game looks amazing, cant wait to play the demo!

Thanks man, glad you enjoyed the video. Its a great demo, you'll love it when you get your flashboy!

Posted on: 2015/2/24 16:27
VB Gamer
Joined 2015/2/20
USA
26 Posts
Long Time User (4 Years)
Yea Fordman I gotta get the combinder series. Superion,Devistator,Menasor.....I need more $$$ unfortunately. I also have that mp-1 & m-4,he's high on my list too. I'm torn between my Fort Maximus(got the original Brave Maximus & the reissue Fort Max.) and my Planet X Genesis. Both are great pieces.Do you collect any 3rd party figures?

Posted on: 2015/2/24 16:32
VB Gamer
Joined 2015/2/20
USA
26 Posts
Long Time User (4 Years)
Speedy I hope there will be many more polished VB games for you to review in the future. I've been reading about the Hyper Fighting private release with envy and am hopeful this will start a resurgence in game development for our beloved system.

Posted on: 2015/2/24 22:21
PVB Elite
Joined 2013/6/17
Canada
1155 Posts
Quote:

melloman wrote:
Speedy I hope there will be many more polished VB games for you to review in the future. I've been reading about the Hyper Fighting private release with envy and am hopeful this will start a resurgence in game development for our beloved system.

Me too! The more games for the system the better. There's lots I haven't reviewed yet, the main thing deterring me is not being able to capture decent VB footage. The only way I can think of doing it properly is getting one of my VB's VGA modded, or purchase a PAL camera that records at 50 frames per second. Neither of those are happening soon though...

Posted on: 2015/2/24 23:22
VUE(xpert)
Joined 2011/4/8
Great Britain
417 Posts
Long Time User (8 Years)
wouldnt the best way to show footage be through an emulator, or RetroArch running on a Wii via homebrew launcher etc? Obviously it wouldn't be in 3D, but for the purposes of a video review, neither will people be watching YouTube in 3D either ;)

Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic

Register To Post