Nicht eingeloggt.
Passwort vergessen?


Bitte erst registrieren. Danach ist es möglich Beiträge zu schreiben.



 Nach unten   Vorheriges Thema   Nächstes Thema

#1
VB games displayed on 3DS
Geschrieben am: 18.03.2011 11:18
PVB Elite
Dabei seit 10.11.2008
Gro▀britannien
513 Beiträge
ContributorLong Time User (11 Years)
This is a pointless thing to do, but my off centered mind can't shift the thought, here goes:

Set up you 3DS on a tripod support (needs to be kept still and correct distance) sit it right up against the VB with each camera looking at each VB array, would the image on the 3DS screen come out with depth?

A very pointless exercise, but if it works you could play VB games looking at the 3DS screen and not with face in the visor, yes I'm really struggling to see why anyone would do such a thing, but I think I'm gonna have to give it a go in 6.6 days time.
Nach oben

#2
Re: VB games displayed on 3DS
Geschrieben am: 18.03.2011 12:58
VUE(xpert)
Dabei seit 20.07.2010
USA
479 Beiträge
ContributorLong Time User (9 Years) Donator
don't feel bad, I come up with ideas many might consider crazy all the time!

I like the idea, but would it really work?
Nach oben

#3
Re: VB games displayed on 3DS
Geschrieben am: 18.03.2011 14:44
PVB Elite
Dabei seit 10.11.2008
Gro▀britannien
513 Beiträge
ContributorLong Time User (11 Years)
Zitat:

gunpeiyokoifan wrote:
don't feel bad, I come up with ideas many might consider crazy all the time!

I like the idea, but would it really work?


Lol, i don't feel bad, i know your ideas are just about the craziest out there, so i have a way to go to catch up.

don't stop having them thoughts through, you might one day unlock the secret to dark matter energy capture and that could lead to wormholes.

Back to subject, I think this will work to some degree, so def gonna give it a go.
Nach oben

#4
Re: VB games displayed on 3DS
Geschrieben am: 18.03.2011 15:28
VUE(xpert)
Dabei seit 14.02.2010
USA
333 Beiträge
10+ Game RatingsLong Time User (10 Years)
All you would see on the 3DS screen through the cameras is a couple of red dots at best. If you think about the way the VB displays work, there isn't an actual LCD screen displaying the images, it's all done via a 2D array of LED's and scanning mirrors. If you tried to take a picture of it with anything, the picture wouldn't have any discernible image because unlike your eyes, it can't use the persistence-of-vision effect to piece together the image over time. The only way would be to use some kind of long exposure picture, but even if that was possible there are a host of other problems that would make it impossible.
Nach oben

#5
Re: VB games displayed on 3DS
Geschrieben am: 19.03.2011 0:23
VUE(xpert)
Dabei seit 20.07.2010
USA
479 Beiträge
ContributorLong Time User (9 Years) Donator
but how come people can take pictures through the eye pieces (I've seen pictures like this) and it doesn't show up as LED lights?
Nach oben

#6
Re: VB games displayed on 3DS
Geschrieben am: 19.03.2011 7:08
PVB Elite
Dabei seit 25.07.2003
USA
1507 Beiträge
PVBCC 1stCoderContributor#3 PosterHOTY09 EntryLong Time User (15 Years) App CoderPVBCC 2010 EntryPVBCC 2013 Entry
Zitat:

Vaughanabe13 wrote:
All you would see on the 3DS screen through the cameras is a couple of red dots at best. If you think about the way the VB displays work, there isn't an actual LCD screen displaying the images, it's all done via a 2D array of LED's and scanning mirrors. If you tried to take a picture of it with anything, the picture wouldn't have any discernible image because unlike your eyes, it can't use the persistence-of-vision effect to piece together the image over time. The only way would be to use some kind of long exposure picture, but even if that was possible there are a host of other problems that would make it impossible.


That's not true... cameras do have a sense of persistence of vision... it's the exposure time. That's why we can take pictures of the VB screens, as well as a CRT. If you have a really short exposure time then yes, you'll only see what has happened on the screen in that short amount of time, but in the VB's case, 1/50th of a second isn't that long of an exposure (especially since it's fairly dim, so an auto-exposure will likely be at least that long).

And just to be anal about your argument... it's actually a 1D column of LEDs (not 2D array, that'd be like a plain LCD display), and with a really fast exposure, you'd see a column, not just a few dots ;) .

I do think it'd sorta work, but probably be low quality, and maybe too laggy to play. That'd be really cool if they had a video input to the 3DS... then I could hook up my VB TV adapter and play it in high resolution digitally converted goodness :) .

DogP
Nach oben

#7
Re: VB games displayed on 3DS
Geschrieben am: 19.03.2011 9:06
VUE(xpert)
Dabei seit 28.09.2006
USA
267 Beiträge
CoderLong Time User (13 Years) PVBCC 2010 3rd
My question would be, are the cameras the right distance apart? They looked too close together in the pictures to get a good VB shot to me. As far as the POV issue, you're probably going to see "scanlines" as the camera refresh overlaps with the time when the display is in the middle of the frame. (But will they be vertical in the VB's case?) It's still a cool idea though.

Of course, this whole problem would be resolved in a way if Nintendo would release some of the VB games they still have the rights to on 3DS. I really think Teleroboxer has further potential...
Nach oben

#8
Re: VB games displayed on 3DS
Geschrieben am: 20.03.2011 1:02
VUE(xpert)
Dabei seit 14.02.2010
USA
333 Beiträge
10+ Game RatingsLong Time User (10 Years)
Zitat:

DogP wrote:
Zitat:

Vaughanabe13 wrote:
All you would see on the 3DS screen through the cameras is a couple of red dots at best. If you think about the way the VB displays work, there isn't an actual LCD screen displaying the images, it's all done via a 2D array of LED's and scanning mirrors. If you tried to take a picture of it with anything, the picture wouldn't have any discernible image because unlike your eyes, it can't use the persistence-of-vision effect to piece together the image over time. The only way would be to use some kind of long exposure picture, but even if that was possible there are a host of other problems that would make it impossible.


That's not true... cameras do have a sense of persistence of vision... it's the exposure time. That's why we can take pictures of the VB screens, as well as a CRT. If you have a really short exposure time then yes, you'll only see what has happened on the screen in that short amount of time, but in the VB's case, 1/50th of a second isn't that long of an exposure (especially since it's fairly dim, so an auto-exposure will likely be at least that long).

And just to be anal about your argument... it's actually a 1D column of LEDs (not 2D array, that'd be like a plain LCD display), and with a really fast exposure, you'd see a column, not just a few dots ;) .

I do think it'd sorta work, but probably be low quality, and maybe too laggy to play. That'd be really cool if they had a video input to the 3DS... then I could hook up my VB TV adapter and play it in high resolution digitally converted goodness :) .

DogP


I'd be willing to bet my life savings it won't work. The camera spacing on the 3DS would never be able to pick up each VB screen without crosstalk. Also I know how the display works, I just didn't do a good job of explaining it. the camera would see a 2D array but it would be all blurred because the 3DS/DS has horrible cameras.

And even if any of this were possible it still wouldn't work because sources say the "3d picture" feature of the 3DS is crap and doesn't even work well at all.
Nach oben

#9
Re: VB games displayed on 3DS
Geschrieben am: 20.03.2011 15:46
VUE(xpert)
Dabei seit 20.07.2010
USA
479 Beiträge
ContributorLong Time User (9 Years) Donator
Zitat:

Vaughanabe13 wrote:
And even if any of this were possible it still wouldn't work because sources say the "3d picture" feature of the 3DS is crap and doesn't even work well at all.


sources say the Virtual Boy is horrible too (however, I'm not claiming I think I know anything about the 3DS... I haven't even played with one yet!)
Nach oben

#10
Re: VB games displayed on 3DS
Geschrieben am: 20.03.2011 21:16
VUE(xpert)
Dabei seit 15.02.2010
Niederlande
250 Beiträge
Long Time User (10 Years)
Zitat:
sources say the "3d picture" feature of the 3DS is crap and doesn't even work well at all.

What sources? I've only heard the opposite so far...
Nach oben

 Nach oben   Vorheriges Thema   Nächstes Thema


Bitte erst registrieren. Danach ist es möglich Beiträge zu schreiben.