You are not logged in.
Lost Password?

Register To Post

Bottom   Previous Topic   Next Topic

Virtual Boy AC Tap (JPN) -- Work on US VB with US SNES plug?
Posted on: 2011/3/20 3:34
PVB Elite
Joined 2011/3/10
USA
930 Posts
Top10 PosterLong Time User (9 Years) 30+ Game Ratings
Does the Japanese released Virtual Boy AC Tap work on the US VB with a US SNES Plug? I read somewhere that you need the right plug for the right tap and I can only find information in regards to the tap being released on its own only in Japan.

This is the one I've just bought: http://www.planetvb.com/modules/hardw ... accessories&sec=main&id=2

Open in new window

My VB is a US unit and I think I might have just purchased the wrong item! =/

Thanks!

Re: Virtual Boy AC Tap (JPN) -- Work on US VB with US SNES plug?
Posted on: 2011/3/21 1:02
PVB Elite
Joined 2003/7/25
USA
1507 Posts
PVBCC 1stCoderContributor#3 PosterHOTY09 EntryLong Time User (15 Years) App CoderPVBCC 2010 EntryPVBCC 2013 Entry
The Japanese tap doesn't work with the US SNES AC adapter, but it will work with a US VB. It will need the JP AC adapter, or an AC adapter with the same plug. It's the more standard type plug though, compared to the funny one the SNES used.

DogP

Posted on: 2011/3/21 1:31
PVB Elite
Joined 2003/7/26
USA
1473 Posts
PVBCC EntryCoderContributorSpecial AchievementTop10 PosterHOTY09 EntryLong Time User (15 Years) App Coder20+ Game RatingsPVBCC 2013 Entry
Hmm, maybe someone should make a sticky thread with photos of the connectors in question... I would do it, but I don't have access to my SNES adapter right now, and I don't even own an adapter tap (I have the Performance adapter, which is hardwired).

Posted on: 2011/3/21 2:21
PVB Elite
Joined 2010/2/19
USA
559 Posts
ContributorLong Time User (10 Years) Top Donator: 2nd20+ Game Ratings
Quote:

DogP wrote:
The Japanese tap doesn't work with the US SNES AC adapter, but it will work with a US VB. It will need the JP AC adapter, or an AC adapter with the same plug. It's the more standard type plug though, compared to the funny one the SNES used.

DogP

DogP has it correct.
The USA adapter tap only works with the proprietary US SNES plug, and the JPN tap has a standard plug and will work with universal adapters.

Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic

Register To Post