Bottom   Previous Topic   Next Topic

GB Screen
Posted on: 2010/7/28 5:34
Virtual Freak
Joined 2010/6/29
USA
53 Posts
Long Time User (9 Years) 20+ Game Ratings
I went into my favorite game store looking for an N64 expansion Pak. When I was looking, I found the original Game Boy for $4.99. I noticed that 5 dollars was a good deal for a decent console so I bought it. When I turned it on, I found out why it was 5 dollars - some parts of the screen didn't work. I'm not sure if it's something I can fix or if I need to replace it. I'm sure it's nothing wrong with the cartridges because I tested Super Mario land, Super Mario land 2: Six golden coins and the Game Boy camera with it, and the screen problem was still there. Can this be fixed? If not, please show me where I can get a replacement.

Re: GB Screen
Posted on: 2010/7/28 6:16
PVB Elite
Joined 2010/2/19
USA
559 Posts
ContributorLong Time User (9 Years) Top Donator: 2nd20+ Game Ratings
Were the problems displayed on the screen *always* in the same place? Clean the pinout on the console, and of course, clean the pins on each game. Cut down a credit card to GB shape, wrap a cloth/shirt/old sock around it, put rubbing alcohol on said cloth and insert it in/out of the cartridge slot.

Posted on: 2010/7/28 20:24
VUE(xpert)
Joined 2010/7/20
USA
479 Posts
ContributorLong Time User (9 Years) Donator
I heard that problem is very common for Original Gameboys,
I know there are many videos on Youtube that are about fixing the Original Gameboy's screen but I havent watched them much (due to my Gameboy's screen not having lines already) but no harm in checking them out I think

heres one thats a bit odd but it looks very easy and requires no tools but I'm not sure how safe it is for the Gameboy or if it fixes it for a long time though: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bXhiHDxz4P8&feature=related

Posted on: 2010/7/30 5:09
Virtual Freak
Joined 2010/6/29
USA
53 Posts
Long Time User (9 Years) 20+ Game Ratings
That didn't work.

Posted on: 2010/7/30 5:24
VUE(xpert)
Joined 2010/7/20