Register To Post

Bottom   Previous Topic   Next Topic

Sega 3D Glasses VS Virtual Boy
Posted on: 2009/10/7 0:53
Virtual Freak
Joined 2008/10/14
91 Posts
Long Time User (11 Years)
Hey, i have recently bought Sega 3D Glasses off ebay, i got them cheap because its missing the left ear holder, they havnt arrived but when they do i'l be able to play missile defense 3D, outrun 3D, space harrier 3D and maze hunter 3D.

I'm just wondering, has anyone got the Sega 3D Glasses? they were released in the 1980's i beleive, are they better then the virtual boy that was released in 1990's? do they cause eye strain? are the 3D effects better then the virtual boy? are the small hand full of games for the Sega Master System that have 3D better then the small hand full of games released for the virtual boy?

Whats the best Sega master system 3D game? why?

Thanks!

Re: Sega 3D Glasses VS Virtual Boy
Posted on: 2009/10/7 21:58
PVB Elite
Joined 2003/7/26
USA
1465 Posts
PVBCC EntryCoderContributorSpecial AchievementTop10 PosterHOTY09 EntryLong Time User (15 Years) App Coder20+ Game RatingsPVBCC 2013 Entry
I haven't use the Sega glasses, but I have shutter-glasses for my PC. I've also played "The 3D Battles of World Runner" for the NES, which uses a similar system for the 3D mode (it alternates the left/right images, but also changes the palette so that the left image is shades of red and the right is shades of blue; for use with anaglyph glasses).

The picture quality is probably not as good, especially if you are sensitive to flickering images (I can't even stand to look at a 60 Hz computer monitor for very long...) since it basically halves the frame-rate of your TV.

Also, it may not even work if you have your Master System/Mark III hooked up to an LCD or Plasma TV.

Posted on: 2009/10/8 2:55
Virtual Freak
Joined 2008/10/14
91 Posts
Long Time User (11 Years)
cool i'll have to look into them games!

Yeah i heard it doesnt work with LCD or Plasma TV's, thats the same for lightguns as well they dont work either on a LCD or Plasma TV, thats fine though i got plenty of TV's that work with my lightguns so should be fine with the Glasses.

I'm sure the 3D glasses wont enhance the graphics, i mean its still going to be 8-bit but i guess the experience and feeling of 3D will be better.

Missile defense 3D looks cool, basic lightgun game, shoot the missiles on the screen but apparently they come towards you almost giving the feeling they are coming out the screen!

Posted on: 2009/10/8 10:50
PVB Elite
Joined 2003/7/25
USA
1507 Posts
PVBCC 1stCoderContributor#3 PosterHOTY09 EntryLong Time User (15 Years) App CoderPVBCC 2010 EntryPVBCC 2013 Entry
Yeah, it's a cool effect, but nothing to get too excited about. It's still the same game with a cool 3D effect, but an annoying flicker.

DogP

Posted on: 2010/3/12 4:42
Nintendoid!
Joined 2009/12/7
Chile
121 Posts
CoderLong Time User (9 Years) 20+ Game Ratings
Has anyone tried the Famicom 3D glasses? (japan only, I believe)

Posted on: 2010/3/12 6:23
PVB Elite
Joined 2003/7/25
USA
1507 Posts
PVBCC 1stCoderContributor#3 PosterHOTY09 EntryLong Time User (15 Years) App CoderPVBCC 2010 EntryPVBCC 2013 Entry
I have... very similar to the Sega ones. I think Rad Racer was the only game I played, but it was a long time ago, so there may have been some others.

DogP

Posted on: 2010/3/12 16:23
Nintendoid!
Joined 2009/12/7
Chile
121 Posts
CoderLong Time User (9 Years) 20+ Game Ratings
Rad Racer worked with the glasses? I thought it only did anaglyph 3d glasses. I think "JJ" was the one for the glasses?

Posted on: 2010/3/13 0:09
Nintendoid!
Joined 2007/9/25
USA
155 Posts
Long Time User (12 Years)
Quote:

jzagal wrote:
Rad Racer worked with the glasses? I thought it only did anaglyph 3d glasses. I think "JJ" was the one for the glasses?

Hi everyone,

Actually Rad Racer in Japan was called "Highway Star" and it sure did work with the 3-D glasses!!! :) The 3-D Glasses were packaged as a quote unquote 3-D SYSTEM that plugged into the Fami via an extension port on "in my case" the side of the system as mine's a SHARP twin Famicom system. They only made about 5 games that were compatible with the 3-D System 2 of which I have that being Highway Star and 3-D Hot Rally. It's a really cool system and in my mind the Virtual Boy's Grand pappy lol Yeah in Japan they get the cool LCD glasses and we get the paper with red and blue lenses that will rip the first time you and your brother argue over who's turn it is to wear them lol Here is a link to a dedicated Famicom sight with pics and more information on the 3-D system and well everything Famicom related. Knock yourselves out guy's!

Posted on: 2010/3/13 0:09
Nintendoid!
Joined 2007/9/25
USA
155 Posts
Long Time User (12 Years)
Quote:

jzagal wrote:

Hi everyone,

Actually Rad Racer in Japan was called "Highway Star" and it sure did work with the 3-D glasses!!! :) The 3-D Glasses were packaged as a quote unquote 3-D SYSTEM that plugged into the Fami via an extension port on "in my case" the side of the system as mine's a SHARP twin Famicom system. They only made about 5 games that were compatible with the 3-D System 2 of which I have that being Highway Star and 3-D Hot Rally. It's a really cool system and in my mind the Virtual Boy's Grand pappy lol Yeah in Japan they get the cool LCD glasses and we get the paper with red and blue lenses that will rip the first time you and your brother argue over who's turn it is to wear them lol Here is a link to a dedicated Famicom sight with pics and more information on the 3-D system and well everything Famicom related. Knock yourselves out guy's!

http://famicomworld.com/system/other/3d-system/

lol had to edit forgot the link duh

Posted on: 2010/3/13 14:58
PVB Elite
Joined 2010/1/5
Sweden
560 Posts
Long Time User (9 Years) Donator30+ Game Ratings
There's also the 3D glasses for Vectrex... 3D Imager!
http://www.heimcomputer.de/konsolen/vectrex3dimager.html

I have a Vectrex but those are hard to come by, I was planning to build my own some time...

Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic

Register To Post