Lost Password?

Register To Post

Bottom   Previous Topic   Next Topic

eBay/Auction Hall of Shame
Posted on: 7/23 20:25
Joined 2013/6/17
Canada
0 Posts
Top10 Poster10+ Game RatingsLong Time User (7 Years)
Quaze has a point. Listing items that are just priced crazy doesn't really fit the "Noteworthy Auction" thread.

So post them here!

Re: eBay/Auction Hall of Shame
Posted on: 7/24 11:20

Joined 2012/1/23
Germany
-1 Posts
Long Time User (8 Years) Top Donator: 2nd

https://www.ebay.de/itm/Nintendo-Virtu ... re-Condition/254619334013

Ok,the condition of the box is perfect with no marks,dents or anything.
But the price is crazy
I think 400$ wouldt be ok???
Edited by Cosmoliner on 2020/7/24 11:30
Edited by Cosmoliner on 2020/7/24 12:12

Posted on: 7/24 14:15
Joined 2013/6/17
Canada
0 Posts
Yeah that price seems a tad ridiculous.

Posted on: 7/25 11:26

Joined 2017/9/11
-1 Posts
Long Time User (2 Years)
When its realy never opened new then i think also $500-600 will be ok for collectors but thag price they listed it is realy much. And that its working also when its brand new you cant say as we know the eyes can also get issues when they never used as when they used :) its the age that makes the flex issue. So a brand new VB is also a Luck-Box you buy a cat in a sack :D

Posted on: 8/4 1:47

Joined 2011/4/27
USA
-1 Posts
Highscore Top10 1stHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreCollection Top10 1stContributor#2 PosterLong Time User (9 Years) 30+ Game Ratings
I have to add this Yahoo! Auctions Japan one here:

https://page.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/b403991566

I believe this seller has been posting and re-posting this rare Virtual Boy poster for at least 4 years now, maybe even a couple more. I'm wondering if anyone else can confirm the length.

As time goes on, the price only increases; it never decreases. I think I remember seeing it when it was around 85,000円.

To be sure, it is a very rare poster. In fact, it is the only one that I have ever seen of its kind for sale, since I joined VB collecting over 9 years ago. Still, no collector seems to want to pay the price for it, so it could be on Yahoo! Auctions Japan for many years to come.

Posted on: 8/4 4:39
Joined 2013/6/17
Canada
0 Posts
Ha, I'm sure I've come across that auction before. It will forever be preserved on Yahoo Auctions Japan.

Posted on: 8/4 22:29

Joined 2011/4/27
USA
-1 Posts
Highscore Top10 1stHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreCollection Top10 1stContributor#2 PosterLong Time User (9 Years) 30+ Game Ratings
A similar deceit has been posted before, but I want to post another case here.

A "brand new" allegedly complete-in-box copy of Space Invaders Virtual Collection is listed here:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Space-Invader ... e98821:g:G00AAOSwCFBen3wU

Both the listing's price for the game as well as the description in the listing would lend one to think that everything about it is genuine. Nevertheless, the pics in the auction clearly show visible folded flaps on the bottom of the box, similar to what the North American Virtual Boy games had (pics attached).

A genuine Japanese Space Invaders Virtual Collection box has no such folded flaps, as shown here:

https://www.planetvb.com/modules/games/?r012ibj

Attach file:

jpg  SI 1.jpg (128.53 KB)
1643_5f29e15446499.jpg 1600X1200 px

jpg  SI 2.jpg (125.44 KB)
1643_5f29e163b74b3.jpg 1600X1200 px

Posted on: 8/5 5:42

Joined 2018/8/16
-1 Posts
Long Time User (1 Year)
And this is also a repro box, isn?t it? I once learned here that the japanese original boxes look on the bottom side the same as on the top side. Only the US-boxes have the ?cross folding? at the bottom. I hope I?m right here...

Posted on: 8/5 6:35

Joined 2018/12/13
Canada
-1 Posts
Long Time User (1 Year)
You are correct. The Japanese boxes do not have those folded flaps/cross folding on the bottom. Also, not just the box but the cartridge and manual are likely repros too. The seller states it is "brand new" which it clearly isn't with it having a repro box, thus providing no reason to believe that the rest of the contents are genuine.

Posted on: 8/5 9:59

Joined 2011/4/27
USA
-1 Posts
Quote:

V-SNES wrote:
... The seller states it is "brand new" which it clearly isn't...

Heh... well, technically it is likely very brand new, as in all contents could have been made within the last couple of months or so. ;-)

Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic

Register To Post