Re: Thunderstruck quits VB development
Posted on: 5/18 2:59

Joined 2011/3/10
USA
-1 Posts
Top10 PosterLong Time User (9 Years) 30+ Game Ratings
Quote:

KR155E wrote:
For further reading, I'd like to point you to this post and the comments below it: https://www.patreon.com/posts/30205422

I read the reply in the comments about the HyperFlash32. I urge you to keep in mind that if this hardware is a solution for anti-piracy, that not everyone can afford this hardware. Cheers!

Posted on: 6/7 19:07
VUE(xpert)
Joined 2005/9/17
USA
314 Posts
Long Time User (14 Years)
What a disappointing turn of events.

Thunderstruck, I'm so sorry to hear that people treated you that way. No-one but you should have profited off your private work, and no-one should be using your translations without your permission.

So sorry to hear it went down this way. Ugh.

Posted on: 7/13 7:21

Joined 2017/2/5
USA
-1 Posts
Long Time User (3 Years)
I'd be more mad about the reproductions being sold on Ebay. I've seen them for $100s. I'm not sure who would buy these. It's a homebrew game that was flashed onto a cart. Just get a flashboy for less money and have every game you want? It's not like homebrew games are really sought after by collectors.

Idk how he had it advertised, but I wouldn't be as pissed if he was basically charging for the service of writing data to a cart. Like as if what you're really paying for is for him to use a tool to write 1's and 0's to a cart. Maybe you send him the file and he puts it on there. He'll put Windows 95 on there if you want. Now if he's printing out labels and charging different prices for each title, maybe then it's "too far".

Theres no avoiding this anyway. Eventually someone in China is going to try and sell repros of your stuff if it's good enough.

Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic

Register To Post