Lost Password?

Register To Post

Bottom   Previous Topic   Next Topic

Rechargeable Battery Pack Recommendations
Posted on: 7/11 4:43
Joined 7/5
USA
5 Posts
I have two battery packs for the Virtual Boy, but one appears to be broken. Unfortunately, it seems the seller I bought the broken one may not accept returns. That's where I got the idea to make a mod to this unit for supporting rechargeable batteries. If this mod goes well, I may mod my other battery pack too.

I read somewhere about using Game Gear rechargeable batteries in a similar mod, but Game Gear batteries are rather old by this point and I would like to use new batteries.

Do any of you have a suggestion on alternative batteries that provide 9V? I could maybe solder 6x1.5 Lithium ion batteries together, but I'm not sure if that's safe. It would likely be safer to use prepackaged batteries for this purpose.

In any case, I would also need a charging circuit (prevent overcharging) and a power connector that can fit in the top lid.

Re: Rechargeable Battery Pack Recommendations
Posted on: 7/11 23:02
PVB Elite
Joined 2003/7/26
USA
1464 Posts
PVBCC EntryCoderContributorSpecial AchievementTop10 PosterHOTY09 EntryLong Time User (15 Years) App Coder20+ Game RatingsPVBCC 2013 Entry
Just get a “pouch”-style 2s (7.4V) LiPo pack, made for RC models, and the proper charger. You could probably go up to a 3s, since the regulator in the VB can handle anything from 6 to 15V, IIRC.
You could also try to repair the battery box, and use your Li-ion AAs as-is…

Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic

Register To Post