Bottom   Previous Topic   Next Topic

Re: Red Square, a Yume Nikki Fan Game
Posted on: 8/11 5:00
VB Gamer
Joined 6/29
13 Posts
Quote:

unoclay wrote:
I really liked it. A mysterious vibe, and i caught onto the joke aspects pretty quickly, and though i wont pretend to understand it (even the dadaist ending/meaning/etc) i liked the flavor of the whole thing. It was short enough to play and finish quickly, and it works well. And the graphics are great, especially the void area with the ameoba thing!

Great contribution to the VB homebrew library imho.

It's great to hear that you enjoyed it. I never really thought much about what people would think of the things we put in, but it seems like it left a good impression on you. The VB community as a whole has made me confident that making this game for the VB was the right decision!

Thanks for playing my game!

Posted on: 8/15 13:00
Joined 6/25
Germany
6 Posts
I recently was able to play it on Oculus Quest in 3D and it was a beautiful little experience. I really enjoyed this piece of art and felt sad (in more than one way) when it ended.
Thank you for making it and even more so for releasing the sources!

Posted on: 9/28 22:56
VB Gamer
Joined 2009/5/1
34 Posts
10+ Game RatingsLong Time User (10 Years)
Fun little game!, you know it gets good when you want more.
Its was pretty intriguing and I liked all the different background effect.

Reminds me a lot off The Witch's House

also the ending cracked me up
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uo_rdBzEc4k

good choice haha

Edit - looking at the source, There is an anime guy doing poses lol. Unused? didn't come across that when I was playing
Edited by SMVB64 on 2019/9/28 23:20
Edited by SMVB64 on 2019/9/28 23:21

Posted on: 9/30 4:27
VB Gamer
Joined 6/29
13 Posts
Quote:

enthusi wrote:
I recently was able to play it on Oculus Quest in 3D and it was a beautiful little experience. I really enjoyed this piece of art and felt sad (in more than one way) when it ended.
Thank you for making it and even more so for releasing the sources!

It was a pleasure talking with you! I look forward to what you make for the VB sometime in the future!

Quote:

SMVB64 wrote:
Fun little game!, you know it gets good when you want more.
Its was pretty intriguing and I liked all the different background effect.

Reminds me a lot off The Witch's House

also the ending cracked me up
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uo_rdBzEc4k

good choice haha

Edit - looking at the source, There is an anime guy doing poses lol. Unused? didn't come across that when I was playing

Heh, glad you hung around on the ending screen long enough to see it. As for what's in the game, every asset is used. That means even those anime boy poses are in there. You can see them by using the "action" of one of the effects you collect.

Posted on: 9/30 7:23
VB Gamer
Joined 2009/5/1
34 Posts
Quote:

Heh, glad you hung around on the ending screen long enough to see it. As for what's in the game, every asset is used. That means even those anime boy poses are in there. You can see them by using the "action" of one of the effects you collect.

I see, I may have to check again. I used the action button when im a dude and I see the sprite poses. But in the source there's like full screen art work

Edit - this is what I am talking about
https://i.imgur.com/rjstqmt.jpg
Edited by SMVB64 on 2019/9/30 8:09

Posted on: 9/30 13:32
VB Gamer
Joined 6/29
13 Posts
Quote:

SMVB64 wrote:
Quote:

I see, I may have to check again. I used the action button when im a dude and I see the sprite poses. But in the source there's like full screen art work

After the sprite pose, press the action button again while Nina is still sparkling, you'll get the full monty.

Posted on: 10/1 1:29
VB Gamer
Joined 2009/5/1
34 Posts
Quote:

Kresna wrote:
Quote:

SMVB64 wrote:
Quote:

After the sprite pose, press the action button again while Nina is still sparkling, you'll get the full monty.

Yup there we go lol, I swear I did that. That's a funny Easter egg

Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic

Register To Post