VUE(xpert)
Joined 2015/3/28
USA
369 Posts
Long Time User (4 Years)
Quote:

VB Boy wrote:

I don't mind at all!

Cool, just didn't want to hijack your thread is all.

Quote:

Benjamin Stevens wrote:

I am very interested in seeing this other display.

Well.. here it is! :)

It's smaller than the North American Platform display and the Japanese countertop because it's baseless, and only uses a single dangling panel to introduce and instruct you on how to operate a Virtual Boy. It even includes its own set of security braces and chains to secure the display.

Attach file:

png  VB store display 1.png (275.81 KB)
8015_5cec56a7b6aea.png 479X470 px

png  VB store display 2.png (236.48 KB)
8015_5cec56d117e94.png 474X455 px

png  VB store display 3.png (251.51 KB)
8015_5cec56e1ead37.png 479X477 px

png  VB store display 4.png (257.56 KB)
8015_5cec56f3894c6.png 479X445 px

png  VB store display 5.png (233.27 KB)
8015_5cec57039d9a3.png 475X511 px

Re: Potential Store Display?
Posted on: 5/28 3:15
PVB Elite
Joined 2013/6/17
Canada
1104 Posts
Long Time User (5 Years)Top10 Poster10+ Game Ratings
Very cool, even though it's super basic. Never known about that one. What else have you been hiding from us? =P

Posted on: 5/28 3:23
PVB Elite
Joined 2011/4/27
USA
2285 Posts
Highscore Top10 1stHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreCollection Top10Contributor#2 PosterLong Time User (8 Years) 30+ Game Ratings
Quote:

vuefinder83 wrote:
It even includes its own set of security braces and chains to secure the display.

So are those braces supposed to be screwed directly into a table top?

Posted on: 5/28 7:25
Joined 5/24
8 Posts
That's pretty neat!I'm assuming that chain would just thread through the legs where the plastic braces kind of make a "hole" in the stand and then it would be bolted down to something?

Thanks for sharing!

Posted on: 5/29 11:41
VUE(xpert)
Joined 2015/3/28
USA
369 Posts
Long Time User (4 Years)
Quote:

speedyink wrote:
What else have you been hiding from us? =P

XD

Nooo, I would never hide anything from you guys. The whole reason I became a member here was so I can share my entire Virtual Boy experience with people that share the same passion for it as I do. But there's just so much VB going on in my head on a daily that once in a while I'll forget to post something that I've been meaning to. But you can bet I'll post it once I remember what it was that I wanted to post :)

Quote:

Benjamin Stevens wrote:

So are those braces supposed to be screwed directly into a table top?

Quote:

VB Boy wrote:
I'm assuming that chain would just thread through the legs where the plastic braces kind of make a "hole" in the stand and then it would be bolted down to something?

Your guesses are as good as mine, for unfortunately, these pictures are from an ebay listing that I lost out on a few years ago. It vanished before I could load the funds to my PayPal. But at least I had taken these screenshots before they were erased from ebay's history. I can also provide a screenshot of the seller's description of the display below.

But ey, you win some and lose some, right?

Right?! :(

Attach file:

png  VB store display 6.png (53.33 KB)
8015_5cee52dd09574.png 479X204 px

Posted on: 5/30 0:37
PVB Elite
Joined 2011/4/27
USA
2285 Posts
Highscore Top10 1stHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreCollection Top10Contributor#2 PosterLong Time User (8 Years) 30+ Game Ratings
I actually have the keychain display card, but I didn't know that it came with the braces and chain to hold down the system on display.

Posted on: 5/31 7:56
VUE(xpert)
Joined 2015/3/28
USA
369 Posts
Long Time User (4 Years)
Quote:

Benjamin Stevens wrote:
I actually have the keychain display card, but I didn't know that it came with the braces and chain to hold down the system on display.

Nice! That thing is rare as hell!

I've seen it before twice in my early years of VB collecting, but both times were just the display card only. I had no idea it was part of an actual store display until I saw the above pictures from ebay.

Posted on: 5/31 23:48
PVB Elite
Joined 2011/4/27
USA
2285 Posts
I honestly wasn't even sure if the thing was official. It seriously looks like somebody just took the two inserts from a Platform Display and made a keychain card out of them. With this new light, I guess I will now add this item to my collection page.

After pulling out the inserts of my platform display and comparing them more closely with the prints used for the keychain display card, I now notice that a much thicker stock of paper was used when making the two-sided VB display card with keychain. So while it does appear that the display card is two platform display inserts stuck together, each one is on a piece of paper that might be two to three times thicker than the paper used for the platform display inserts. Each platform display insert is rather flimsy, while the keychain card is very sturdy.
Edited by Benjamin Stevens on 2019/6/1 0:19

Posted on: 6/1 10:28
VUE(xpert)
Joined 2015/3/28
USA
369 Posts
Long Time User (4 Years)
Quote:

Benjamin Stevens wrote:
It seriously looks like somebody just took the two inserts from a Platform Display and made a keychain card out of them.

Can you imagine the confusion consumers had when they read that first step to operate this VB display... "adjust headset height; slide up or down for your eye level", they must've been like WTF?! I wonder if any actually grabbed the head unit and stand then tried raising it up like a tripod? :D

Quote:

After pulling out the inserts of my platform display and comparing them more closely with the prints used for the keychain display card, I now notice that a much thicker stock of paper was used when making the two-sided VB display card with keychain. So while it does appear that the display card is two platform display inserts stuck together, each one is on a piece of paper that might be two to three times thicker than the paper used for the platform display inserts. Each platform display insert is rather flimsy, while the keychain card is very sturdy.

I appreciate this info, thanks! :)

Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic

Register To Post