Register To Post

Bottom   Previous Topic   Next Topic

Japanese to English Translations for Jockey Zero
Posted on: 5/21 0:38
PVB Elite
Joined 2011/4/27
USA
2291 Posts
Highscore Top10 1stHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreCollection Top10Contributor#2 PosterLong Time User (8 Years) 30+ Game Ratings
Since it would seem that the unreleased Virtual Boy game "Virtual Jockey" basically found its realization in Japan on the PlayStation as "Jockey Zero," I have decided to work on English translations for the game's instruction booklet:

Jockey Zero Instruction Booklet - Page 1

ジョッキーゼロ
思考型レースゲーム&ジョッキーシミュレーション

Jockey Zero
A Thinking-Type Jockey & Horse Racing Simulator

Attach file:

jpg  Jockey Zero Page 1.jpg (2,003.17 KB)
1643_5ce32c624ec1b.jpg 1800X1794 px

Re: Japanese to English Translations for Jockey Zero
Posted on: 5/21 0:39
PVB Elite
Joined 2011/4/27
USA
2291 Posts
Highscore Top10 1stHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreCollection Top10Contributor#2 PosterLong Time User (8 Years) 30+ Game Ratings
Jockey Zero Instruction Booklet - Page 2

CONTENTS
●コントローラの使い方・・・4
●ゲームの始め方・・・6
●ジョッキースクール・・・7
●メニューについて・・・8
騎乗依頼・・・8
次の週へ・・・15
成績・・・16
●レース・・・18
レース・・・18
予想紙・・・19
レース中の操作・・・20
レースに勝つコツ・・・21
●イベントについて・・・22
●キャラクター紹介・・・24
●競馬用語辞典・・・28
CONTENTS
● Controller Functions・・・4
● Starting the Game・・・6
● Jockey School・・・7
● About the Menu・・・8
Request to Ride・・・8
To the Next Week・・・15
Results・・・16
● Racing・・・18
Race・・・18
Prediction Sheet・・・19
Controls During a Race・・・20
Tips to Win a Race・・・21
● About the Events・・・22
● Introducing the Characters・・・24
● Horse Racing Glossary・・・28

オッス!オイラこのゲームの主人公。
馬と話ができる特技をいかして、オヤ
ジの育てた馬を「日本ダービー」で優
勝させるためにジョッキーになったん
だ。でも・・・甘かった・・・。強敵はウ
ジャウジャ出てくるし、おまけに「カ
イザー軍団」なんて悪い奴らまでいて、
そう簡単にはオヤジの夢を実現できそ
うにないんだ。なっ?
いいだろ? たすけ
てくれよ。君の力
が必要なんだ。
10年間、ヨロシク
たのむぜ!
Hi! I'm the main character of this game. Taking advantage of my ability to talk to horses, I became a jockey in order to win the "Japanese Derby" with a horse raised by my father. However... I was naive.... Formidable opponents have appeared in droves, and to make matters worse, there are the bad guys like the "Kaiser Corps," which makes it not so easy to realize my father's dream. Would it be OK if you could help me? I need your ability. After 10 years, I'm counting on you!

For Japan Only
プレイヤー
1人
メモリーカード
3ブロック
For Japan Only
Single-Player
Memory Card: 3 Blocks

Attach file:

jpg  Jockey Zero Page 2.jpg (1,480.53 KB)
1643_5ce32cb6c26a9.jpg 1690X1653 px

Posted on: 5/21 0:41
PVB Elite
Joined 2011/4/27
USA
2291 Posts
Jockey Zero Instruction Booklet - Page 3

レースで一番大事なことは、オレ達馬の
ことをよく知ること。君はオレ達
と話ができるんだろ? だったら
その特技を利用して馬たちと仲良
くなっておいたほうがいいぜ。レー
スゲームだからって指だけでレースに勝
とうと思っちゃだめだ。自分の乗る馬の性格を理
解して、どこでどういう指示をするか、走り方を
するかっていう戦略をたてないと勝てないゾ。
さぁ、ゲートインだ。
行こう! ライバル達を蹴散らして、
勝って勝ってかちまくろぜ!
The most important thing in racing is getting to know us horses well. You can talk to us, right? It would be a good idea to get along well with the horses using that special skill. Don't think that just because it's a racing game, you'll win a race by only using your fingers. You won't be able to win unless you understand the personality of your horse and have a strategy to decide where and what instructions to give and how to run. Well, it's starting gate time! Let's go! Overtake your rivals and win, win, win!

Attach file:

jpg  Jockey Zero Page 3.jpg (1,479.40 KB)
1643_5ce32d255461a.jpg 1696X1654 px

Posted on: 5/21 2:44
PVB Elite
Joined 2013/6/17
Canada
1152 Posts
Top10 Poster10+ Game RatingsLong Time User (6 Years)
Excellent work as usual. It's great to see this off to a good start already!

Posted on: 5/22 0:38
PVB Elite
Joined 2011/4/27
USA
2291 Posts
Quote:

speedyink wrote:
Excellent work as usual. It's great to see this off to a good start already!

Usually, I play a game to test out the accuracy of my translations, which I won't be doing with this one. Thus, if you play it and happen to notice something not quite right with what my translation says and with what actually happens in the game, let me know.

Jockey Zero Instruction Booklet - Page 4

コントローラ
の使い方
Controller Functions

[上面]
[Front]

方向キー 上下左右
D-Pad Up, Down, Left, and Right

△ボタン
△ Button

○ ボタン
○ Button

X ボタン
X Button

□ ボタン
□ Button

セレクトボタン
SELECT Button

スタートボタン
START Button

[前面]

L2ボタン
L2 Button

R2ボタン
R2 Button

L1ボタン
L1 Button

R1ボタン
R1 Button

Attach file:

jpg  Jockey Zero Page 4.jpg (1,525.13 KB)
1643_5ce47def1ddb8.jpg 1692X1654 px

Posted on: 5/22 0:40
PVB Elite
Joined 2011/4/27
USA
2291 Posts
Jockey Zero Instruction Booklet - Page 5

●名前入力時
● When Entering Your Name

方向キー
カーソルを上下左右に移動
D-Pad:
Move cursor up, down, left, or right

○ボタン
決定
○ Button:
Decide

Xボタン
キャンセル
X Button:
Cancel

●通常時
● Under Normal Circumstances

方向キー上
カーソルを上に移動、画面を上にスクロール
D-Pad Up:
Move cursor up; scroll screen up

方向キー下
カーソルを下に移動、画面を下にスクロール
D-Pad Down:
Move cursor down; scroll screen down

方向キー左
カーソルを左に移動、画面を左にスクロール
D-Pad Left:
Move cursor left; scroll screen left

方向キー右
カーソルを右に移動、画面を右にスクロール
D-Pad Right:
Move cursor right; scroll screen right

○ボタン
決定、メッセージ次ページ
○ Button:
Decide; next page's message

Xボタン
キャンセル、前画面に戻る
アニメ等をスキップして次の画面に進む
X Button:
Cancel; return to previous screen
Skip animation, etc. and go to next screen

●レース時
● During a Race

方向キー上
押された時に速度アップ指示
押されている時にムチボタンが押される
と速度アップ指示2回分
D-Pad Up:
Instructs to speed up when pressed.
If the whip button is pressed while this button is pressed, it instructs to speed up by two times.

方向キー下
押された時に速度ダウン指示
押されている時にムチボタンが押されると速度ダウン指示2回分
D-Pad Down:
Instructs to speed down when pressed.
If the whip button is pressed while this button is pressed, it instructs to speed down by two times.

方向キー左
押されている時は左に一定距離移動
D-Pad Left:
Moves you a certain distance to the left when pressed.

方向キー右
押されている時は右に一定距離移動
D-Pad Right:
Moves you a certain distance to the right when pressed.

Xボタン
押された時にムチ
X Button
Whips when pressed

△ボタン
押された時に騎手視点と上方視点を切り替える
△ Button
Switches between jockey's point of view and upper point of view when pressed

L1、2ボタン
押されている時は左に1段階視点を移動(騎手視点のみ)
L1 / L2 Button
Moves one viewpoint to the left when pressed (jockey's point of view only)

R1、2ボタン
押されている時は右に1段階視点を移動(騎手視点のみ)
R1 / R2 Button
Moves one viewpoint to the right when pressed (jockey's point of view only)

Attach file:

jpg  Jockey Zero Page 5.jpg (1,023.91 KB)
1643_5ce47e6a81f48.jpg 1697X1651 px

Posted on: 5/22 0:42
PVB Elite
Joined 2011/4/27
USA
2291 Posts
Jockey Zero Instruction Booklet - Page 6

ゲームの始め方
Starting the Game

はじめまして。
「ジョッキーゼロ」お買い上げおりがとうござ
います。ゲーム中、あなたのお世話をさせて
いただく安田さつきです。10年間の長〜いお
つきあいになるけどよろしくね。
じゃあゲームの説明をするわね!
Nice to meet you!
Thank you for purchasing "Jockey Zero." I am Satsuki Yasuda, who will take care of you during the game. It will be a lengthy relationship for 10 years, so please treat me favorably. [Translator's Note: I now understand that the main character's last sentence on Page 2 of the Instruction Booklet should be translated as: "For 10 years, I'll be counting on you!"]
Well then, I'll explain the game!

一番はじめに「はじめから」か「つづきから」する
かを選んで下さい。セーブデータがない人は「はじ
めから」を選んでね。まずはあなたの名前を教えて
もらいます。左のような画面が出たら、カーソルを
移動して順番に入力していくのよ。ひらがなかカタ
カナ、どちらでも入力できるので好きな
ほうを選んでね。決まったら「OK!」を選択して下さい。
そうするとオープニングイベントが始まるわ。
First of all, you'll choose "From the Start" or "Continue." If there is no save data, select "From the Start." Next, you'll let me know your name. When the screen at left appears, move the cursor and enter sequentially. You can enter either Hiragana or Katakana, so choose the one you like. Once you've finished, select "OK!" Then, the opening event will start.

前に遊んだところからゲームを再開することもできるわよ。
その場合は「つづきから」の方を選んでね。週のはじめか
ら続きが遊べるわ。
You can also resume the game from where you've played before. In that case, you'll choose "Continue." You'll continue from the beginning of the week where you left off.

●セーブについて
このゲームは残念ながら、いつでもセーブがとれるわけじゃないの。週の終わりに自動的
にセーブされるのよ。続きから遊ぶ場合はその次の週のはじめからになるの。
セーブデータは全部で3つ。メモリーカードのブロック数は3よ。
あと、セーブする時にメモリーカードを差し込んでないと「ロードやセーブが出来ません
がこのまま続けますか?」という警告文が出るの。そこで「はい」を選ぶと、それ以降自
動セーブをしなくなるから気をつけてね。
● About Saving
Unfortunately, this game cannot be saved at just any time. It will be saved automatically at the end of each week. So when you continue a game, it'll be from the beginning of the next week.
There's a total of three save data, which take up 3 memory card blocks.
Also, if you don't have a memory card inserted when you try to save, the warning message "Cannot load or save. Do you want to continue?" will appear. Be mindful of the fact that if you choose "Yes", automatic saving will not occur after that.

Attach file:

jpg  Jockey Zero Page 6.jpg (1,256.00 KB)
1643_5ce47ef03b563.jpg 1687X1657 px

Posted on: 5/22 0:45
PVB Elite
Joined 2011/4/27
USA
2291 Posts
Jockey Zero Instruction Booklet - Page 7

ジョッキースクール
Jockey School

本当に初めてゲームを遊ぶ人は「はじめから」を
選択した後、「ジョッキースクール入学」を選ん
でね。騎手つまりジョッキーになるために何を学
ばなくちゃならないか、レースに勝つためにはど
うすればいいか、いろいろなことを教えてくれる学校な
のよ。昔の名馬「トウカイ帝王」がいろいろと教えてく
れるから、よーく話を聞いておこうね。
If you're playing the game for the first time, after choosing "From the Start," you should choose "Enroll in Jockey School." This is a school that teaches you what you need to learn to become a rider or jockey, how to win a race, and much more. The famous horse from the old days, "Tokai Teio," will teach you many things, so listen carefully to his speech.

ジョッキースクールにようこそ!私はジョッキ
ースクール教官の芝田みどりよ。女だと思ってナ
メてかかるとコワいわよ。ビシビシいくから覚悟
しておきなさい。競馬をよーく知っている人も全
然知らない人も、ジョッキーに関しては初心者で
すからね。ここで教えることはこれからジョッキ
ーとしてやっていくのにとても重要なことなの
よ。だ・か・ら、必ず授業は受けていきなさい。
わかった!?
Welcome to Jockey School! I am Midori Shibata, a Jockey School instructor. Sorry if it scares you to think that I am a woman. You'll just have to prepare yourself for this. Whether you know horse racing well or not at all, as for being a jockey, you're a beginner. What you'll be taught here will be very important to do as a jockey from now on. So-o-o, be sure to take the lessons, all right!?

Attach file:

jpg  Jockey Zero Page 7.jpg (1,585.22 KB)
1643_5ce47f81d8aa1.jpg 1703X1657 px

Posted on: 5/23 0:24
PVB Elite
Joined 2011/4/27
USA
2291 Posts
Jockey Zero Instruction Booklet - Page 8

メニューについて
About the Menu

●騎乗依頼
Request to Ride

さあ、ゲーム本編の説明に入るわよ。上の画面は通常、
メインになるメニュー画面なの。この中の「騎乗依頼」
を選ぶと、右の画面になるわ。たま〜にイベントとして
キャラクターが出てきて話しかけてくる時もあるけど、
舌が終わったら右の画面になるからあまり問題はないわ
よ。この画面に出ている一覧表は今週のレースなの。こ
の中からレースを一つ選ぶと右ページ上の画面になるの
よ。レースは1週3レースまで出ることができるわ。気
をつけなきゃいけないのは、例えば東京競馬場のレースに出場したとするわね。そういう時は阪
神競馬場のレースには出れないってこと。ちょっと考えればわかると思うけど、東京にいるのに
兵庫のレースには出れないでしょ? そういうことなの。「なんでこのレースには出れないんだ
ぁ〜!!」って怒らないでね。
Now, let's get into explaining the main part of the game. The screen above is the main menu screen. When you select "Request to Ride" here, it will switch to the screen at right. Sometimes, it will happen that a character comes out as an event and talks to you, but that shouldn't be much of a problem, because once the speech is over, the screen at right will be displayed. The table on this screen shows this week's races. Once a race is chosen from this, it switches to the screen on the right page. You can race up to 3 races per week, and you have to be careful with this. Say, for example, you choose to participate in the race at the Tokyo Racecourse. On this occasion, you cannot also go to the race at the Hanshin Racecourse. If you think a little, you should understand that even though you are in Tokyo, you cannot go to the Hyogo race. That is how it is. So don't get angry and shout, "Why can't I go to this race!?"

Attach file:

jpg  Jockey Zero Page 8.jpg (1,159.71 KB)
1643_5ce5cc04ad215.jpg 1694X1658 px

Posted on: 5/23 0:25
PVB Elite
Joined 2011/4/27
USA
2291 Posts
Jockey Zero Instruction Booklet - Page 9

●騎乗する
「この馬でOK!」、という場合はここを選ん
でね。選んだ後はレース一覧表(左ページ下
の画面ね)に「済」というハンコが押される
わよ。騎乗依頼が来てない馬には乗れないか
ら、あんまりわがまま言わないでね。
● Ride
Please select this after you choose "OK with this horse!" Once it's chosen, a "Done" stamp will be pressed on the race table (bottom screen on the left page). Also, you can't get on a horse for which a request to ride hasn't come, so don't be too picky.

●騎乗しない
「騎乗する」を選んだ後に出てくるコマンドよ。
「やっぱりこのレースには出たくない」って
ときにはこのコマンドを選んでね。
● Don't Ride
This command will appear after you choose "Ride." Choose this command if you don't want to appear in that race.

ここのメインメニューのあたりは、わたし
とX教師の人たちで助言をしていくわよ。
このゲームは競馬がわからない人でも大丈
夫なように、あちこちでレースの種類や伝
統の話とかをすることになってるから説明
書をじっくりと読まなくてもいいのよ。競
馬っていうとギャンブル的なものを思い浮
かべる人が多いけど、このゲームでは「賭
け」はできないの。だってあなたはジョッ
キーだもんね。楽しみにしてた人がいたら
ゴメンナサイ。
The main menu here is where I and the instructors will give you advice. This game is good even for those who don't know much about horse racing. Therefore, you don't have to read the instruction booklet carefully because there will be talk of racing varieties and traditions in various places. When it comes to horse racing, there are many people who think of gambling, but you cannot "bet" in this game. After all, you're a jockey. Sorry if there were people who were looking forward to that.

Attach file:

jpg  Jockey Zero Page 9.jpg (1,656.67 KB)
1643_5ce5cc73469ee.jpg 1699X1657 px

Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic

Register To Post