Bottom   Previous Topic   Next Topic

Planet Virtual Boy periodically goes offline
Posted on: 3/21 1:36
Virtual Freak
Joined 2017/6/24
USA
63 Posts
Long Time User (2 Years)
After approximately 7:00 PM PDT, this website goes offline (at least where I live), and I can't browse it until the next morning afterwards. Can you please fix this?

Re: Planet Virtual Boy periodically goes offline
Posted on: 3/21 8:33
Administrator
Joined 2000/1/8
Germany
2510 Posts
Highscore Top10Highscore Top ScoreCoder#1 PosterHOTY09 1stLong Time User (15 Years) App Coder90+ Game Ratings
The web server crashed every night at 3 am German time for the past few days. I think I have finally found and fixed the issue.

Posted on: 3/22 8:46
Virtual Freak
Joined 2017/6/24
USA
63 Posts
Long Time User (2 Years)
Nope, the issue didn't fix. Your server crashed/went offline again.

The server could have malware installed that caused it to crash at 3:00 in the morning. I definitely know that there are films and creepypastas related to 3 AM, so I assume the malware would be related to that too.

It's recommended to run a virus scan on the server's Operating System (OS), to be able to remove the unwanted malware, etc.

The reason for the malware installation could be because of software and files you may have been downloading, or that another DNS server drive-by-downloaded it using an open UPnP connection.

Posted on: 3/24 5:12
Virtual Freak
Joined 2017/6/24
USA
63 Posts
Long Time User (2 Years)
Okay, so the server didn't crash again on March 23rd, 2019. Thanks for fixing up this issue!

Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic

Register To Post