Bottom   Previous Topic   Next Topic

Re: MultiBoy 32
Posted on: 4/9 3:23
Nintendoid!
Joined 2016/5/12
USA
139 Posts
Long Time User (3 Years)
I'm with everyone else on this.. Pre-order, kickstarter, whatever you are most comfortable with.

Posted on: 4/9 5:07
Nintendoid!
Joined 2017/1/9
USA
108 Posts
Long Time User (2 Years)
I'm more than willing to pre-order! :)

Honestly, I don't want you to get bogged down with fulfilling needless tier perks, but if you go with Kickstarter I'll be there to.

Posted on: 4/9 11:19
Joined 2017/4/27
3 Posts
Long Time User (2 Years)
Hi Kevin,

Me like most people would be more than willing to support your project in whichever method is best for you!

Keep up the Hard Work!

Posted on: 4/9 12:55
Joined 2018/1/5
3 Posts
Long Time User (1 Year)
I'll add that I would be totally down to do a pre-order as well, or a kickstarter if you needed to go that way.

Posted on: 4/9 13:49
VB Gamer
Joined 2017/6/24
USA
47 Posts
Long Time User (2 Years)
I would be more than comfortable paypaling the money and being put on a spreadsheet that Kevin would maintain. I have neevr had any worries with any of the projects he has created, I look forward to it!!

Posted on: 4/9 17:12
VB Gamer
Joined 2018/1/1
Sweden
32 Posts
Long Time User (1 Year)
Kickstarter or preorder, either is fine. I have full trust in you since previous transactions anyway! :)

Posted on: 4/9 17:35
PVB Elite
Joined 2012/7/9
USA
833 Posts
Top10 PosterLong Time User (7 Years) 20+ Game Ratings
Iíd definitely send preorder payment right now.

Posted on: 4/9 18:14
Virtual Freak
Joined 2017/9/15
66 Posts
Long Time User (2 Years)
Same, I'd front the cost. But I recognize that there doesn't yet exist a working prototype of the mulitboy32, correct? So is this just a matter of cost and time? Or is there a real possibility that this won't actually pan out?

Posted on: 4/9 20:43
VUE(xpert)
Joined 2016/12/15
USA
295 Posts
Long Time User (2 Years)
Quote:

Splain wrote:
Same, I'd front the cost. But I recognize that there doesn't yet exist a working prototype of the mulitboy32, correct? So is this just a matter of cost and time? Or is there a real possibility that this won't actually pan out?

Thereís risk in any new design. The plan is to do a small (10 unit) prototype run first for full development and then go and build the rest. However pieces of the MultiBoy32 already exist in my VB mini programmer and reprogrammable carts. The new thing for MultiBoy is combining them into a single cart and having on-screen game selection. I built my VB mini programmer and reprogrammable carts knowing that eventually they would morph into the MultiBoy32.

At this point itís more a matter of time and cost along with some new development risk for combining and adding new features. Itís managable risk and why I developed other products before this one.

Posted on: 4/10 1:10
Virtual Freak
Joined 2017/9/15
66 Posts
Long Time User (2 Years)
Well let's get those 10 (or 25?) prototypes made! Your update says you're waiting for a quote, let us know how many preorders you think you'll end up needing for the first run, and I bet we have enough people who would back it. Even if the estimated cost goes up from the first estimate of $150.

I know Kickstarter takes a big cut, but it's good for visibility and for people who aren't on PlanetVB and are leery of Paypaling money to a stranger. But before then, we might as well transfer as much $$ OFF of Kickstarter as we can, just so we aren't giving Kickstarter funds that could go to you. Hopefully we can get enough for the first run without KS.

Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic

Register To Post