Bottom   Previous Topic   Next Topic

Re: MultiBoy 32
Posted on: 10/2 20:41
VB Gamer
Joined 2017/4/8
Spain
30 Posts
Long Time User (2 Years)
Anything that is able to store more than one game would be definitely an improvement :)

Posted on: 10/2 21:52
VB Gamer
Joined 7/21
Sweden
27 Posts
Quote:

mellott124 wrote:
What about an intermediate step? Not a full MultiBoy 32 but something like a multislot Flashboy? No on screen game selection but dip switch or usb selection of games? 8 slots or so of 32Mbit. The development would be much shorter and I could possibly pull it off while studying. What are peopleís thoughts? Just an idea at this point.

As someone who doesn't have a Flashboy but really would like a way to play homebrews (on the VB) that sounds great. As long as you think you'll be able to balance your studies with the development of a "multislot Flashboy" I'm all for it.

Sing me up for one! ;)

Posted on: 10/2 22:31
VB Gamer
Joined 8/21
17 Posts
I'm in !
it would be a very nice tribute for such an incredible console

Posted on: 10/3 1:46
VUE(xpert)
Joined 2016/12/15
USA
310 Posts
Long Time User (2 Years)
Quote:

Mumphy wrote:
Quote:

mellott124 wrote:
What about an intermediate step? Not a full MultiBoy 32 but something like a multislot Flashboy? No on screen game selection but dip switch or usb selection of games? 8 slots or so of 32Mbit. The development would be much shorter and I could possibly pull it off while studying. What are peopleís thoughts? Just an idea at this point.

As someone who doesn't have a Flashboy but really would like a way to play homebrews (on the VB) that sounds great. As long as you think you'll be able to balance your studies with the development of a "multislot Flashboy" I'm all for it.

Sing me up for one! ;)

Ok Iíll think about it. Maybe call it MultiBoy Lite. Or just MultiBoy to distinguish it from the 32 version I announced.

Posted on: 10/4 21:11
Joined 2017/8/19
7 Posts
Long Time User (2 Years)
Yeah, i'd be up for that in the meantime, but i think folk are more than happy to wait for the 32. Enjoy the studying.

Posted on: 10/4 21:39
Joined 2018/1/5
1 Posts
Long Time User (1 Year)
Would the price for the in-between solution still be > $100?

Personally I'm not in a hurry for this, and the current Flashboy option isn't much more inconvenient than what you're describing. I bought something like that for the Lynx and it was really annoying having to flip switches to change games and remember what bank was what. In the end I found myself just using it like the Flashboy where I would just leave the selector in one spot and USB load new games as I wanted to play them.

From my admittedly pedestrian viewpoint the only real advantage to the multi-slot Flashboy you're describing is that it could theoretically support Hyper Fighting whereas the the Flashboy can't. I say theoretically because the full Hyper Fighting ROM has not been released (at least not that I've ever been able to track down) so it's an academic distinction.

That said if you find yourself at a point where you're just no longer interested in dedicating the time to finish the original design and it's a multi-slot Flashboy or nothing, well obviously that's preferable.

Posted on: 10/4 23:04
PVB Elite
Joined 2013/6/17
Canada
1167 Posts
Top10 Poster10+ Game RatingsLong Time User (6 Years)
HF is 32Mbit

Posted on: 10/5 5:36
PVB Elite
Joined 2011/3/10
USA
913 Posts
Top10 PosterLong Time User (8 Years) 30+ Game Ratings
While I am not the developer and have no say in his final decision, I would also like to add that having to flip hardware switches or re-connect the cart to the computer to select new games, seems like a step backwards. It sounds much less efficient and time consuming than having to re-flash the FB/FB+.

As stated above, HF is just too large to fit on the current FB+ design. Even it was dumped. With that said... If anyone has a simple plug-n-play Windows compatible hardware to dump the HF ROM (that would function correctly the 1st time -- I've no wish to make a project of this) and would like to make it available, I would be more than happy to dump and release my cart. It's been long enough.
Edited by Lester Knight on 2019/10/5 5:47

Posted on: 10/6 8:44
Nintendoid!
Joined 2016/5/12
USA
147 Posts
Long Time User (3 Years)
Quote:

Lester Knight wrote:
While I am not the developer and have no say in his final decision, I would also like to add that having to flip hardware switches or re-connect the cart to the computer to select new games, seems like a step backwards. It sounds much less efficient and time consuming than having to re-flash the FB/FB+.

I feel 100% the same way.
Would rather wait for the MultiBoy 32 personally.

Posted on: 10/6 17:30
PVB Elite
Joined 2013/6/17
Canada
1167 Posts
Top10 Poster10+ Game RatingsLong Time User (6 Years)
Quote:

Lester Knight wrote:
If anyone has a simple plug-n-play Windows compatible hardware to dump the HF ROM (that would function correctly the 1st time -- I've no wish to make a project of this) and would like to make it available, I would be more than happy to dump and release my cart. It's been long enough.

I've got a copy of the original rom file. I've also got a dump I made from my cart with Kevins cart flasher/dumper, although I recall that one being an overdump. Not hard to trim, and I know it works as I use it for 2 player HF as I only have the one legit cart.

I'm all for making it public too, just don't want to step on anyones toes/make anyone angry.

Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic

Register To Post