Bottom   Previous Topic   Next Topic

Re: MultiBoy 32
Posted on: 10/6 18:53
VUE(xpert)
Joined 2016/12/15
USA
302 Posts
Long Time User (2 Years)
I did spend some time looking into one that may be simpler. Turns out the electronics would be nearly the same so not much different in effort.

I may have a small window in January to come back to the MultiBoy to push it to the next step.

Posted on: 10/7 0:42
Nintendoid!
Joined 2016/5/12
USA
143 Posts
Long Time User (3 Years)
Quote:

mellott124 wrote:
I did spend some time looking into one that may be simpler. Turns out the electronics would be nearly the same so not much different in effort.

I may have a small window in January to come back to the MultiBoy to push it to the next step.

Good luck, can't wait to hear an update!

Posted on: 10/7 3:54
PVB Elite
Joined 2014/6/4
USA
572 Posts
Long Time User (5 Years)20+ Game Ratings
Thatís great news Kevin! Iím still ready to throw my money at you when itís ready. lol

Posted on: 10/7 18:36
VB Gamer
Joined 2018/1/1
Sweden
34 Posts
Long Time User (1 Year)
Quote:

retronintendonerd wrote:
Thatís great news Kevin! Iím still ready to throw my money at you when itís ready. lol

Was thinking the same!

Posted on: 10/12 1:57
VUE(xpert)
Joined 2016/12/15
USA
302 Posts
Long Time User (2 Years)
Another what if.

What about a device similar to FlashBoy but has a 32Mbit memory?

Posted on: 10/12 15:48
VB Gamer
Joined 8/20
15 Posts
With Flashboy no longer being produced, I think most people would welcome any solution. Wouldn't hurt to have two tiers, a cheaper and a more expensive option. I'm guessing Multiboy32 will be pretty pricey and it might turn a lot of people off, having a cheaper simple option like a Flashboy might help expand the market for homebrew. Could do a Flashboy32 and a Multiboy32.

Posted on: 10/12 15:53
VB Gamer
Joined 7/21
Sweden
17 Posts
Quote:

Yamagushi wrote:
With Flashboy no longer being produced, I think most people would welcome any solution. Wouldn't hurt to have two tiers, a cheaper and a more expensive option. I'm guessing Multiboy32 will be pretty pricey and it might turn a lot of people off, having a cheaper simple option like a Flashboy might help expand the market for homebrew. Could do a Flashboy32 and a Multiboy32.

Yes, I'm thinking along the same lines.

Posted on: 10/12 17:53
VUE(xpert)
Joined 2016/12/15
USA
302 Posts
Long Time User (2 Years)
Quote:

Yamagushi wrote:

That was about what I was thinking as well. It could be cheaper. It's also a good in between engineering wise and would be faster to develop. I doubt I'd ever be able to name it FlashBoy32, though. Although that would be the most logical name. I was thinking HyperBoy32 for obvious reasons. Or just HyperBoy.

Posted on: Yesterday 11:50
Joined Yesterday
2 Posts
Honestly I agree, I think making a cheaper Flashboy-like cart would be a good idea to start before making the final project, especially since you'd be the only place to get any sort of flash cart at the moment. You would get some credibility in the community and have some extra funds to put towards the project, all while gaining the project more publicity and getting the community more excited for the final release of the multiboy. (I know a lot of people would be interested in getting one to hold them over until you have enough time to work on the multiboy, including me)

Posted on: Today 3:59
PVB Elite
Joined 2011/3/10
USA
905 Posts
Top10 PosterLong Time User (8 Years) 30+ Game Ratings
Quote:

Yamagushi wrote:
With Flashboy no longer being produced

Hello, can you link to somewhere where Richard has said he is no longer making them? I am asking because the last thing I read he said he was still making them, however, his donor sources have been depleted and he was asking for donors + cost for a FB+.

Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic

Register To Post