You are not logged in.
Lost Password?

Register To Post

Bottom   Previous Topic   Next Topic

Re: What could have been done to have made the VB more successful?
Posted on: 12/2 3:26
Joined 2017/11/7
USA
5 Posts
Long Time User (1 Year)
Quote:

TheForce81 wrote:
So, to recap, people suck! ;)

How so, exactly?

Posted on: 12/2 3:44
PVB Elite
Joined 2012/7/9
USA
800 Posts
Top10 PosterLong Time User (6 Years) 20+ Game Ratings
Quote:

TheForce81 wrote:
Quote:

Dreammary wrote:
I submit to you all that there was nothing that could have been done. VR and 3D technology in general is very gimmicky, and even when built well; itís still got very low adoption. 3D TVs while amazing came and went with little fanfare. Nobody even talks about Oculus Rift, PlayStation VR or any of the other ones, they are gimmicky and only fill a very small group of peoples interest.

When Nintendo 3DS launched hardly anybody was interested, and it appeared as though it was going to fade out. It wasnít until prices lowered and people realized they could play games without the 3D that it became everyoneís console.

So, to recap, people suck! ;)

Essentially yes and because of the general population not watching IMAX 3D, itís now completely dead.
https://www.slashfilm.com/imax-3d-phasing-out/

The 3D craze has almost ended, but I personally was always thrilled to see movies in 3D.

Posted on: 12/2 4:07
Joined 2017/11/7
USA
5 Posts
Long Time User (1 Year)
3D movies were pretty great, the few times I have gotten to see them anyway :)

Posted on: 12/4 19:11
VB Gamer
Joined 2007/9/15
USA
15 Posts
Long Time User (11 Years)
As someone who bought the Virtual Boy at launch, and the only one of my friends who was interested in it at the time, I can tell you a few things that would have helped.

1. It should have launched at $99.99. I know they lowered the price later, but then it was too late. If it came out at $99.99 it would have gotten a lot more hype.

2. It needed better games at launch. There wasn't much to choose from and it didn't have a killer app. If they had delayed it maybe by a few months and had Wario Land ready as a pack in, that surely would have helped.

3. Needed more coverage in gaming mags. Even Nintendo Power didn't really have much on the VB. It only dedicated a measly few pages to the system after launch.

These points still may have not made the VB a success, but maybe on launch day I wouldn't have been the only person at Software Etc. in the mall buying a system.

Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic

Register To Post