You are not logged in.
Lost Password?

Register To Post

Bottom   Previous Topic   Next Topic

How do you store/organize your VB games?
Posted on: 10/30 19:19
Nintendoid!
Joined 2014/5/16
USA
126 Posts
Long Time User (4 Years)
Iím been meaning to ask this for a while. How do yíall store your carts? For my cartridge-based consoles I have drawers designed specifically for them and for my GameBoy and GBA games I have these cool mini-binders that hold carts, but I donít have a good solution for VB carts.

So Iím looking for any and all ideas. Personably, Iím thinking I would like an enclosed solution that can sit on my shelf, but Iím open to anything that works and keeps them together and protected from dust.

Re: How do you store/organize your VB games?
Posted on: 10/30 21:42
PVB Elite
Joined 2014/6/4
USA
542 Posts
Long Time User (4 Years) 20+ Game Ratings
I store mine stacked in boxes and repro boxes in my Detolf case.

For my GB, GBA and N64 games I use acrylic nail polish displays like this: https://www.amazon.com/Gospire-Bottles ... T=_SY300_QL70_&dpSrc=srch

Alternatively you can look into a case like this: https://www.amazon.com/Ikee-Design-Org ... fRID=V2H1EBKK8M1F9GS6TFA9

Or you can look into wallet display stands like this: https://www.amazon.com/Acrylic-3-tier- ... 3&keywords=wallet+display

I love this one guy's YouTube channel because he focuses on how to display your collection in a nice way. Check out DiskCart on YouTube. You may find more ideas that work for you.

Posted on: 10/31 17:19
VB Gamer
Joined 2017/12/29
31 Posts
Currently, my carts are in a stack, outside their boxes, in a shoebox in a plastic bin somewhere in my house. :] I don't recall, but I might have actually put my Tennis cart back in the spot in the VB box where it belongs.

I'm waiting on a better flash cart (something more akin to an EverDrive) to come out before finally putting the carts back in their boxes, and I still need to pick up plastic box protectors.

Posted on: 10/31 20:28
Joined 1/1
6 Posts
I went with the DS-case solution for my loose carts.

Posted on: 11/4 2:44
VB Gamer
Joined 2013/7/5
Canada
25 Posts
Long Time User (5 Years)
I've mentioned this before, but here's the box I made to store my loose carts. Takes a few seconds to find the game you want but it works.

One of these days I'll make a sturdier version out of hardboard/thin plywood.

Attach file:

jpg  boxxvb.jpg (29.29 KB)
3486_5bde4ef2d6e57.jpg 392X623 px

Posted on: 11/9 21:55
Virtual Freak
Joined 2017/11/11
USA
67 Posts
Long Time User (1 Year)
Mine and loose and stacked but I want to get the Nintendo DS cases going but I cannot find the red ones I have seen in some pics and cannot find all the scans I need!

Posted on: 11/10 0:33
Nintendoid!
Joined 2014/5/16
USA
126 Posts
Long Time User (4 Years)
Thanks for all the ideas and I'd love to hear more if anyone else hasn't chimed in yet. I am thinking I personally might prefer something similar to TerryJ's box design, assuming I can't find a good magazine option like I have for my GB/GBA carts.

Incidentally, I contacted a fellow on Twitter who it is probably fair to say is a 3D printing enthusiast and does designs with practical retro gaming uses (he is the guy that designed the Hi-Def NES no cut mod parts (for toploader NES systems) along with some brackets that allow you to use off-the-shelf fans on a few retro systems, so no don't need hard-to-find OEM fans, just to name a few). He exrpessed interest in designing a VB cart storage solution, but said he is backed-up up with projects right now and to get back to him in a few months. So if anything becomes of that I'll post it here on this thread.

Posted on: 11/12 8:24
Nintendoid!
Joined 2012/3/13
USA
210 Posts
Long Time User (6 Years)
I stuck all of mine in the system box since its missing the inner cardboard. If not they'd be in a generic box of some sort.

Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic

Register To Post