Register To Post

Bottom   Previous Topic   Next Topic

Re: A Crazy Story Involving a Virtual Boy Kiosk and an International Drug Ring
Posted on: 11/16 0:09
Nintendoid!
Joined 2015/9/18
Canada
137 Posts
Collection Top10Long Time User (3 Years)
Quote:

mips5000 wrote:
So if I understand right, the original owner couldn't justify the price/time of going to the boarder to pick it up, so just took it as a loss? It really sucks that given the circumstances, he couldn't hire a person, or pay some fee to have it shipped out of there.

You are understanding it right. The seller was in the middle of a tornado trying to salvage massive losses from his business at the time, so this matter probably wasn't at the forefront of his priorities at the time. This loss was likely dismal in comparison to the losses he faced when the roofs were flying off of his warehouses.

As for it sucking that he couldn't hire a person, or pay some fee to have it shipped out of there...we're in agreement there, that definitely sucks. Unfortunately when dealing with property seized by customs, those aren't options and it's just not that simple.
The only people allowed to claim seized property are the owners, or another party whom the owner has signed Power of Attorney over to (and we even discussed that option, which is a pretty desperate one). To add insult to injury I live maybe a 20 minute drive from the border crossing where the kiosk was confiscated, if there were no red tape to cross, I could've just driven down there and grabbed it. The loss was definitely not due to any lack of effort, if there was any option to make this deal work, we likely explored it. C'est la vie, I won't spend too much time mourning over it. With any luck we'll see it pop up on eBay someday, hopefully for less than 5 grand lol!

Re: A Crazy Story Involving a Virtual Boy Kiosk and an International Drug Ring
Posted on: 11/16 22:47
Virtual Freak
Joined 2017/11/11
USA
70 Posts
Long Time User (1 Year)
I saw your pic of the collection on the FB page and it is still and likely always will be the greatest VB collection any of us have ever seen or will ever see. Many of us are truly jealous!

Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic

Register To Post