Bottom   Previous Topic   Next Topic

Re: VB Development Twitch Stream
Posted on: 9/16 6:16
VUE(xpert)
Joined 2011/7/3
USA
431 Posts
CoderContributorLong Time User (7 Years) App Coder40+ Game Ratings
So glad your doing this ThunderStruck! and so glad that it's on Sunday! Thanks can't wait to tune in!

Posted on: 9/16 23:29
VUE(xpert)
Joined 2011/7/3
USA
431 Posts
CoderContributorLong Time User (7 Years) App Coder40+ Game Ratings
I enjoyed ThunderStruck's show it was very good. It was on 2d to 3d conversion, it was very informative. I'm looking forward to the rest of the clan that said they would be there. The chat had a nice conversation going as well. Also I'm also looking forward to the next show!

Posted on: 9/20 3:33
PVB Elite
Joined 2003/7/26
USA
1452 Posts
PVBCC EntryCoderContributorSpecial AchievementTop10 PosterHOTY09 EntryLong Time User (15 Years) App Coder20+ Game RatingsPVBCC 2013 Entry
Quote:

Morintari wrote:
It was on 2d to 3d conversion

Just to clarify for those who weren't there: It wasn't as much about 2D-to-3D conversion as it was about the development of thunderstruck's 2D-to-3D converter (in C#).

It was informative, though... for those who want to know how a modern Windows app is written (using MS tools).

Posted on: 9/20 10:53
PVB Elite
Joined 2011/7/1
Germany
1094 Posts
CoderContributorTop10 PosterLong Time User (7 Years) App CoderPVBCC 2013 Entry
Quote:

RunnerPack wrote:
Quote:

Morintari wrote:
It was on 2d to 3d conversion

Just to clarify for those who weren't there: It wasn't as much about 2D-to-3D conversion as it was about the development of thunderstruck's 2D-to-3D converter (in C#).

It was informative, though... for those who want to know how a modern Windows app is written (using MS tools).

Thanks for the clarification.

I think it was a good first try even though I was very tired. I'm not sure when I can do this again. Saturday might be a good day as I will be out of the country from Monday on. I will return on the Sunday after so I might skip a week. The idea is to do this on a regular basis with a fixed schedule though.

I will also try to give a better overview of what's already there and focus a bit more on the VB side of things.

I also asked a coworker if he would join in remotely so we could do pair-programming (which is a way more effective way to write code). So I might do that as well.

Posted on: 9/20 23:30
PVB Elite
Joined 2007/10/26
USA
753 Posts
Collection Top10 3rdContributorTop10 PosterLong Time User (11 Years) Donator
Is there a record of the stream anywhere?

-Eric

Posted on: 9/21 2:55
PVB Elite
Joined 2013/6/17
Canada
1030 Posts
Long Time User (5 Years)Top10 Poster10+ Game Ratings
Yeah does Twitch archive videos for a bit? I work Sundays so I wasn't able to watch.

I'm such a noob with these new platforms...

Posted on: 9/21 6:11
VB Gamer
Joined 2016/10/18
13 Posts
Long Time User (2 Years)
thunderstruck - Could you archive the sessions so that those of us who cannot make it live can watch?

Go to your Dashboard (e.g. https://www.twitch.tv/broadcast/dashboard/settings)

And enable "Store past broadcasts". This will keep the broadcast on the site for 14 days (60 days for Partners, Turbo and Prime users).

Posted on: 9/21 12:24
PVB Elite
Joined 2011/7/1
Germany
1094 Posts
I actually wanted to record the stream and upload it to youtube later. There are two reasons why I didn't activate the "auto archive" feature of twitch.

1. I wanted to encourage people to join the live stream as I want to have a conversation but also because I would like to become a twitch affiliate. That would allow me to use some of the more advanced options of twitch and also receive money through twitch. There is still some software (like Photoshop, DevExpress and so on) I would like to buy and I need a better chair. Usually I would just spent my own money but I will move towards the end of the year so I try to save some money.

2. I'm a bit scared of giving away personal information or simply saying something incredible stupid. So I would like to have the option to cut out certain parts.

Posted on: 9/22 15:17
PVB Elite
Joined 2011/7/1
Germany
1094 Posts
Hey everyone,

I would like to do another stream this weekend but I'm having trouble finding a good time. One of the problems being that there are 6 to 9 hours time difference. I also have to get up rather early on Monday to catch a flight.

So whats better?
1: 7 am German time (Sunday), which is 10 pm PST (Saturday) and 1 am est (Sunday)
2: 3 pm German time (Sunday), which is 6 am PST (Sunday) and 9 am est (Sunday)
3: Everyone moves to Germany, Bigmak pays

Posted on: 9/22 19:41
PVB Elite
Joined 2013/6/17
Canada
1030 Posts
Long Time User (5 Years)Top10 Poster10+ Game Ratings
Quote:

thunderstruck wrote:
Hey everyone,

I would like to do another stream this weekend but I'm having trouble finding a good time. One of the problems being that there are 6 to 9 hours time difference. I also have to get up rather early on Monday to catch a flight.

So whats better?
1: 7 am German time (Sunday), which is 10 pm PST (Saturday) and 1 am est (Sunday)
2: 3 pm German time (Sunday), which is 6 am PST (Sunday) and 9 am est (Sunday)
3: Everyone moves to Germany, Bigmak pays

Option 3, naturally :p

Serious answer: option 1 works best for me.

Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic

Register To Post