VB Development Twitch Stream
Posted on: 9/12 22:11
PVB Elite
Joined 2011/7/1
Germany
1092 Posts
CoderContributorTop10 PosterLong Time User (7 Years) App CoderPVBCC 2013 Entry
Hey everyone,

I talked about this on the Discord already. I've been thinking about live-streaming some VB development sessions. Some people on Discord showed interest so I thought I might give this a try. I've got some interesting topics ahead. Some stuff I can think of right now:

- 2D to 3D image conversion... again
- gif conversion
- music conversion
- link cable
- vuengine
- gregs wirefram lib
- some rom hacks that need to be done
- general game development
- ....... Snatcher ...
- whatever you guys want really

So there is lots of stuff to be done. I'm mainly pushing this idea as I'm looking for something that motivates me to tackle these projects on a regular basis. So this might be a win win. Also, it's always good to have someone to talk to while programming. I might also be able to give you some tips if you are planning to become a software developer as I've got plenty of experience.

For me this is an experiment just to see if it is something I like doing and that others like watching. As I don't want to talk to group a twitch bots it would ask you to post when you are interested. Also the day of the week and time (including timezone) that would fit for you would be cool... I guess I'm German after all.

Re: VB Development Twitch Stream
Posted on: 9/13 4:33
PVB Elite
Joined 2013/6/17
Canada
1018 Posts
Long Time User (5 Years)Top10 Poster10+ Game Ratings
It would be really cool to get some insight on how all that stuff goes down. I've never used twitch, but I'd figure out how to watch something like that. I think it's a good idea.

Posted on: 9/13 7:42
Virtual Freak
Joined 2017/1/9
USA
97 Posts
Long Time User (1 Year)
I'd totally watch when I could! :D

Normally I tune in to twitch a bit after work while I eat. So for me, it would be around 7pm - 9pm PST.
Not sure what time that is in Germany.

@speedyink : You don't need an account to watch on twitch. Just the link. :)

Posted on: 9/13 13:13
VUE(xpert)
Joined 2011/7/3
USA
430 Posts
CoderContributorLong Time User (7 Years) App Coder40+ Game Ratings
You know I'm in but please if it's on the weekends please on Sunday not Saturday for religious reasons. Can't wait to see you on Twitch! Let us know the time and the link and I'll be there. Oh and I'm on eastern standard time in the states.Any time from 9 am to 10 pm is good for me and on Sunday only please for weekends thanks.

Posted on: 9/13 15:31
Administrator
Joined 2000/1/8
Germany
2494 Posts
Highscore Top10Highscore Top ScoreCoder#1 PosterHOTY09 1stLong Time User (15 Years) App Coder90+ Game Ratings
Cool idea, I'd love to tune in! I won't be able to watch before about 9 pm on Tuesdays and Thursdays as well as every second weekend (starting with the next one). If you made these sessions available as recordings for those of us who weren't able to watch live, that'd be awesome.

Posted on: 9/13 20:04
PVB Elite
Joined 2014/6/4
USA
542 Posts
Long Time User (4 Years) 20+ Game Ratings
This would be a lot of fun to watch in my opinion. I'm already following you on Twitch so I'll happily tune in when you're streaming next.

Posted on: 9/13 20:43
Virtual Freak
Joined 2016/5/12
USA
85 Posts
Long Time User (2 Years)
I'd definitely tune in!

Posted on: 9/14 3:01
VUE(xpert)
Joined 2016/12/15
USA
266 Posts
Long Time User (1 Year)
Ready to watch!

Posted on: 9/15 5:07
VB Gamer
Joined 2016/10/18
13 Posts
Long Time User (2 Years)
As I said on Discord I would watch this!

Posted on: 9/15 8:53
PVB Elite
Joined 2011/7/1
Germany
1092 Posts
CoderContributorTop10 PosterLong Time User (7 Years) App CoderPVBCC 2013 Entry
Ok, lets try this.

I will start on Sunday 8pm German time.
That should be 11am pst and 1pm est.

I might have technical problems and stuff, we will see. Lets consider this a trial run.

I will use my existing twitch account for now:
https://www.twitch.tv/gamesandsoftdrinks

First topic will be the 2D to 3D converter. If this turns out I will also try to figure out a fixed schedule and post announcements before each stream. I might also setup a poll for future topics.

Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic

Register To Post