Lost Password?

Register To Post

Bottom   Previous Topic   Next Topic

Re: Furrtek Virtual boy video out mod
Posted on: 9/12 7:24
Joined 9/5
France
4 Posts
Thanks for sharing ! Glad it's working fine.
It never happened but I'm always a bit worried that a weak solder point might crack because of shocks and temperature differences when shipping hand-assembled boards.

Thanks also for reminding me about the 5V line info. I was ready to add it to the final instructions but since I have to make another revision of the board, I'll add a "SCART switch voltage" pad on it directly.

RunnerPack: I do have troubles seeing artificial depth in 3D movies, polarized or active. The 3DS and the similar lenticular advertisment displays work, but it still isn't great. Only the VB really worked for me.
That's why I asked other people to try the anaglyph output, but maybe they also had a similar "handicap".

Technically speaking, it could be done on my board with just an additionnal wire and maybe a larger CPLD. Might try proposing it for people who are sure that the effect works for them.

Posted on: 9/15 5:57
PVB Elite
Joined 2003/7/26
USA
1446 Posts
PVBCC EntryCoderContributorSpecial AchievementTop10 PosterHOTY09 EntryLong Time User (15 Years) App Coder20+ Game RatingsPVBCC 2013 Entry
Quote:

furrtek wrote:
Only the VB really worked for me.

I wonder if that's because the VB lets you adjust the IPD, and that you actually have to have the IPD set "wrong" to see it right. I also wonder if the VB could be used to "correct" your eyes to make other 3D displays work better by adjusting the IPD gradually over a period of time.

Quote:
Technically speaking, it could be done on my board with just an additionnal wire and maybe a larger CPLD. Might try proposing it for people who are sure that the effect works for them.

If it ends up being cheaper than two of the standard boards, I would seriously consider getting one or two.

Posted on: 10/22 22:28
VB Gamer
Joined 2014/8/10
17 Posts
Long Time User (4 Years)
I'm getting one of these soon! Is there anyone in the US that I could pay to install it into my Virtual Boy while retaining full VB functionality? (Got a runnerpak ribbon cable fixed unit)

Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic

Register To Post