Re: Bound High 1995 proto cartridge- Authentic
Posted on: 2018/5/24 16:57
VUE(xpert)
Joined 2007/7/28
Great Britain
336 Posts
Long Time User (11 Years) App Coder
Quote:
Didn't someone say in this very thread that you made Bound High carts for them?

Correct. All the Bound High carts I made, were either given away, swapped for a donor cart, or sold for the cost of the parts.

As for the HF production (and the reason I'm so angry), the 3 people involved (me, Eric and Tusk) made nothing. I didn't even break even on the parts. That's right, it actually cost me to make them.

Posted on: 2018/5/24 18:49
PVB Elite
Joined 2012/7/9
USA
832 Posts
Top10 PosterLong Time User (6 Years) 20+ Game Ratings
Accurate, I literally received my copy for free from MineStorm. It was an awesome gift, then I later paid UncleTusk $20 for the new label, instructions and box. I have actually never swapped labels though because I didnít want to damage my gift.

Thanks again for being so cool to me all these years MineStorm! Iíd also like to recognize everything that Eric (bigmak) has also done for me. I honestly wouldnít be as into the system if I didnít meet you two.
Edited by Dreammary on 2018/5/24 19:01

Posted on: 2018/5/24 19:17
VB Gamer
Joined 2018/5/21
23 Posts
Long Time User (1 Year)
I have read through all those old BH threads from 2010 & 2013 and do not believe the cart I have has any connection to them or jojobean. It is unclear if he even actually had access to a 100% cart, or was just bluffing.

Quote:

Lester Knight wrote:
From some of the reading I've done, it seems it could have been around or one just like it. A stand-alone Bound High! cart was rumored to exist and mentioned in a few posts and PMs that were made public.

Quote:
...a 100% fully working version of Bound High that plays flawlessly on the hardware. I have the only copy of this that I know of. It is dumped from an actual cart and not pieced together from code. So far I have spoken to nobody else who has such a thing. Just finding someone with the cart is near impossible, let alone finding someone to let you dump it. This is definitely the real deal. I can provide a video as proof if you would like.

It would be interesting know if the cart you are representing is one in the same.

Posted on: 2018/5/24 22:32
PVB Elite
Joined 2012/7/9
USA
832 Posts
Top10 PosterLong Time User (6 Years) 20+ Game Ratings
I wanna see the cartridge get dumped and compared with our copy. It would be truly fascinating to see if it has more features or such.

Posted on: 2018/5/25 0:51
Nintendoid!
Joined 2016/5/12
USA
131 Posts
Long Time User (3 Years)
Quote:

Dreammary wrote:
I wanna see the cartridge get dumped and compared with our copy. It would be truly fascinating to see if it has more features or such.

This is probably going to be the only way I'd assume. Be able to really compare the code between the two.

Posted on: 2018/5/25 5:21
PVB Elite
Joined 2011/3/10
USA
889 Posts
Top10 PosterLong Time User (8 Years) 30+ Game Ratings
it would be a tragedy if it wasn't dumped and compared.

Posted on: 2018/5/25 6:00
VB Gamer
Joined 2018/5/21
23 Posts
Long Time User (1 Year)
Quote:

MineStorm wrote:
If you want to dump it, we can send you the community dumper (as I like to call it). It's an adapted retrode 2 unit.

AFAIK Eric (bigmak) or Ben has it at the moment.

I may be interested in borrowing this device. I will have to carefully discuss this tricky subject with my associate when I get the chance, which is infrequent.

Can the respective parties involved please PM the details?

Posted on: 2018/5/25 7:16
Nintendoid!
Joined 2016/5/12
USA
131 Posts
Long Time User (3 Years)
Quote:

Cpt. F. wrote:
Quote:

MineStorm wrote:
If you want to dump it, we can send you the community dumper (as I like to call it). It's an adapted retrode 2 unit.

AFAIK Eric (bigmak) or Ben has it at the moment.

I may be interested in borrowing this device. I will have to carefully discuss this tricky subject with my associate when I get the chance, which is infrequent.

Can the respective parties involved please PM the details?

No pressure but if he has any other protos, they'd be more than welcomed here =P

Posted on: 2018/5/25 7:40
Nintendoid!
Joined 2012/11/9
Venezuela
122 Posts
Highscore Top10Highscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreLong Time User (6 Years) 90+ Game Ratings
HOLY!!! I want to see this dumped online or a least gameplay footage! This is gold :D

Posted on: 2018/5/25 8:43
PVB Elite
Joined 2011/3/10
USA
889 Posts
Top10 PosterLong Time User (8 Years) 30+ Game Ratings
I just hope that dumping it does not open a can of worms. Everyone needs to be excited for the fact that this ROM has the potential to be something new. Beyond that, there should be no expectations.

Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic

Register To Post