You are not logged in.
Lost Password?


Register To Post



 Bottom   Previous Topic   Next Topic

#21
Re: Adventures in the 3rd Dimension: A Virtual Boy YouTube Series
Posted on: 5/14 3:50
PVB Elite
Joined 2012/7/9
USA
757 Posts
Top10 PosterLong Time User (6 Years) 20+ Game Ratings
If it gets remastered then I wanna be on the list for purchase as I like that type of game.
Top

#22
Re: Adventures in the 3rd Dimension: A Virtual Boy YouTube Series
Posted on: 5/14 15:05
PVB Elite
Joined 2011/7/1
Germany
1072 Posts
CoderContributorTop10 PosterLong Time User (7 Years) App CoderPVBCC 2013 Entry
Quote:

retronintendonerd schrieb:
Quote:

thunderstruck wrote:
I actually wanted to say that virtual lab does have potential. Just a typo. However, it will never be as good as Dr. Mario because Dr. Mario is the best game ever made.

Fix might be possible.


Ah ok, I wasn't sure if it was a typo or not. Dr. Mario the best game? Those are fighting words to me jk :P The best game ever made is The Adventures of Lolo lol

Thunderstruck, how difficult would a fix for it be considering it's been said to be a coding mess?

Seeing a remastered version would be nice, Dreammary. I would definitely spend more time on V-lab if it was made a little more playable.


I'm crazy good at Dr. Mario. I actually like to playing the PAL game in an NTSC console because it runs faster. I also hacked it to make it even faster.

No idea how difficult Virtual Lab would be to change (more). The code is kind of messy and stuff. Also depend on what needs to be done. Is there something besides the controls that needs fixing?
Top

#23
Re: Adventures in the 3rd Dimension: A Virtual Boy YouTube Series
Posted on: 5/14 19:35
VUE(xpert)
Joined 2014/6/4
USA
496 Posts
Long Time User (4 Years) 20+ Game Ratings
Quote:

thunderstruck wrote:
I'm crazy good at Dr. Mario. I actually like to playing the PAL game in an NTSC console because it runs faster. I also hacked it to make it even faster.

No idea how difficult Virtual Lab would be to change (more). The code is kind of messy and stuff. Also depend on what needs to be done. Is there something besides the controls that needs fixing?


You're a glutton for punishment! I beat it once on slow...with help from a Game Genie that put me on the last few levels lol

As far as game effecting issues, the controls are a little wonky and the Medium speed is actually the High speed.

Issues that don't effect the game that could be I wish could get a polish are the audio/sound effects. I also remember reading that supposedly level 100 doesn't display the level number correctly. I never made it far enough to see level 100 for myself though.
Top

#24
Re: Adventures in the 3rd Dimension: A Virtual Boy YouTube Series
Posted on: 5/14 19:50
PVB Elite
Joined 2008/12/28
Slovenia
611 Posts
Highscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreCoderContributor10+ Game RatingsLong Time User (9 Years) App CoderPVBCC 2010 EntryPVBCC 2013 Entry
I have also considered fixing Virtual Lab. I even asked Benjamin Stevens (the only other person who likes it, heh) for ideas a few years ago. But since the code is such a mess, it might be easier to just remake it from scratch (community project, anyone?).

I would still like to figure out the music format because I actually like the music and there is some data in the ROM that I don't know the meaning of, so it's possible that it's unused music.

As for the review, I laughed at your comment about the price.
Top

#25
Re: Adventures in the 3rd Dimension: A Virtual Boy YouTube Series
Posted on: 5/14 20:29
PVB Elite
Joined 2012/7/9
USA
757 Posts
Top10 PosterLong Time User (6 Years) 20+ Game Ratings
It would be amazing to see such a project happen, but modify it to be similar to Dr. Mario?
Top

#26
Re: Adventures in the 3rd Dimension: A Virtual Boy YouTube Series
Posted on: 5/14 22:34
VUE(xpert)
Joined 2014/6/4
USA
496 Posts
Long Time User (4 Years) 20+ Game Ratings
Quote:

HorvatM wrote:
I have also considered fixing Virtual Lab. I even asked Benjamin Stevens (the only other person who likes it, heh) for ideas a few years ago. But since the code is such a mess, it might be easier to just remake it from scratch (community project, anyone?).

I would still like to figure out the music format because I actually like the music and there is some data in the ROM that I don't know the meaning of, so it's possible that it's unused music.

As for the review, I laughed at your comment about the price.

Oh a ground up remake of V-lab would be fun (if I knew the first thing about making a game lol)

Haha glad you liked my comment on the price. I mean considering the prices on the game I think selling your child to afford it may still not be enough lol

Quote:

Dreammary wrote:
It would be amazing to see such a project happen, but modify it to be similar to Dr. Mario?


That would be neat! Would we then just need to stack the Mu of similar "color" on top of one another? How would it work?
Top

#27
Re: Adventures in the 3rd Dimension: A Virtual Boy YouTube Series
Posted on: 5/15 23:27
VUE(xpert)
Joined 2014/6/4
USA
496 Posts
Long Time User (4 Years) 20+ Game Ratings
Space Squash
https://youtu.be/6APHR1nv4pM
Top

#28
Re: Adventures in the 3rd Dimension: A Virtual Boy YouTube Series
Posted on: 5/16 1:11
PVB Elite
Joined 2012/7/9
USA
757 Posts
Top10 PosterLong Time User (6 Years) 20+ Game Ratings
That was another quality review, and as always I look forward to the next one. Space Squash is a very cool game.
Top

#29
Re: Adventures in the 3rd Dimension: A Virtual Boy YouTube Series
Posted on: 5/17 0:20
VUE(xpert)
Joined 2014/6/4
USA
496 Posts
Long Time User (4 Years) 20+ Game Ratings
Quote:

Dreammary wrote:
That was another quality review, and as always I look forward to the next one. Space Squash is a very cool game.

Thanks! That was actually my first time playing it. I've had it for a while but never gave it a try until now. I was pleasantly surprised at how much fun it was. It's a game I see myself going back to.

Imagine it had a first-person view and 2 player connectivity! *dreams*
Top

#30
Re: Adventures in the 3rd Dimension: A Virtual Boy YouTube Series
Posted on: 5/23 19:50
VUE(xpert)
Joined 2014/6/4
USA
496 Posts
Long Time User (4 Years) 20+ Game Ratings
3D Tetris:
https://youtu.be/DaTAoMQig8k
Top

 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic


Register To Post