So that means I can stop my paymebts to patreon? :-/

Re: PVB Emulator & Fundraiser
Posted on: 2018/12/11 22:42
PVB Elite
Joined 2013/6/17
Canada
1043 Posts
Long Time User (5 Years)Top10 Poster10+ Game Ratings
I don't think you need to, I think he's canceled it. I didn't get a charge for his patreon last month

Posted on: 2018/12/11 22:53
Nintendoid!
Joined 2014/5/16
USA
132 Posts
Long Time User (4 Years)
I just checked and I *did* get charged last month as usual, so I donít think he has cancelled the Patreon. Iíve been backing him since he started with a fair amount in total but he has gone totally dark so itís probably time to pull back. Too bad. I had such high hopes for the project but no updates of any sort for months is no way to maintain your support.

Quote:

speedyink wrote:
I don't think you need to, I think he's canceled it. I didn't get a charge for his patreon last month

Posted on: 2018/12/12 1:43
PVB Elite
Joined 2013/6/17
Canada
1043 Posts
Actually checking the link on the first page it does look to be active still. My bad, I seriously don't remember cancelling mine..

Posted on: 2018/12/14 0:50
Joined 2016/5/29
1 Posts
Long Time User (2 Years)
TBH, what did anyone expect out of this based on the creator's behavior? Huge gaps with no information and what little there was it was filled with tangents of how awesome the GUI's gonna be, how he was gonna code it to perfection from scratch, and so on. It reeks of an immature programmer with sky high goals and absolutely no safe foundation on where to start those from. Since day one he never even showed a PoC running on 3DS. He probably got bored and still expects free money or backed themselves into a corner and is too proud / naive etc. to ask help from the outside. Afraid to say but I wouldn't expect a VB 3DS emulator anytime soon if *this* is the best effort there is out there.

Posted on: 2018/12/14 3:41
PVB Elite
Joined 2012/7/9
USA
807 Posts
Top10 PosterLong Time User (6 Years) 20+ Game Ratings
The last time he showed any real definitive proof he was working on it was way back in June, after such he just made claims until early September then never logged back into PlanetVB since then.

Posted on: 2018/12/14 6:30
PVB Elite
Joined 2013/6/17
Canada
1043 Posts
I don't think we should get the pitchforks and torches or anything, Guy definitely had/has good intentions.

Posted on: 2018/12/14 6:49
Nintendoid!
Joined 2014/5/16
USA
132 Posts
Long Time User (4 Years)
I agree with @speedyink. With a rare few exceptions, this community is very supportive and positive. Itís not like he was scamming us or anything and Iím sure he intended to do what he set out to do. Everyone who backs a project like that knows you are taking a risk because it is an individual subject to own constraints and potential personal issues... itís not like we hired Microsoft to write us an application. Itís ok to be disappointed but no need to be mean spirited, I would say.

Posted on: 1/2 0:28
Joined 2018/5/14
3 Posts
Yeah patreon is still going pretty strong with $95 a month.

I cancelled my membership after the payment today until I see some more progress or some sign of life. I held out a bit longer than I normally do for this, I hope it can still be continued by someone else if he did stop for whatever reason.

I was really looking forward to messing around with making a game after he was done, well damn.

Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic

Register To Post