Bottom   Previous Topic   Next Topic

Re: VB Cart Programmer interest
Posted on: 9/30 10:15
Nintendoid!
Joined 2007/11/10
Austria
139 Posts
Long Time User (11 Years)
Those cart programmers look awesome, now I regret that I did not ask in time if it would be possible to get one. :-)

Posted on: 10/25 21:16
VUE(xpert)
Joined 2016/12/15
USA
270 Posts
Long Time User (2 Years)
I can get parts to build 5 more if people are interested. Send me a PM.
After that there are no more VB motherboard connectors available.

Posted on: 10/25 21:58
Nintendoid!
Joined 2014/5/16
USA
131 Posts
Long Time User (4 Years)
If anyone is on the fence about getting one, I say get one while you can. Iím very happy with mine and Thunderstruckís GUI makes it easy to use if you arenít as familiar with terminal interfaces or donít have a good terminal application program installed. You can also use the programmer to backup your VB game saves. I successfully cloned my Galactic Pinball game onto one of Kevinís 16 Mbit carts complete with my high scores! Plus, is just so damn cute on the shelf :)

Posted on: 10/26 5:11
Nintendoid!
Joined 2007/11/10
Austria
139 Posts
Long Time User (11 Years)
Quote:

mellott124 schrieb:

PM sent

Posted on: 10/26 10:42
PVB Elite
Joined 2009/12/30
Netherlands
524 Posts
Highscore Top10Highscore Top ScoreContributor10+ Game RatingsLong Time User (8 Years)
Quote:

mellott124 wrote:

PM from me as well, want one for sure now.

Posted on: 11/21 1:06
PVB Elite
Joined 2014/6/4
USA
549 Posts
Long Time User (4 Years) 20+ Game Ratings
I just wanted to reiterate what everyone else has said. This is a great little product and I recommend you get one if you can. I did a video on how to set it up and use it in a basic form. https://youtu.be/nchMOo3Gm2k

Posted on: 11/24 20:54
VUE(xpert)
Joined 2016/12/15
USA
270 Posts
Long Time User (2 Years)
Quote:

retronintendonerd wrote:
I just wanted to reiterate what everyone else has said. This is a great little product and I recommend you get one if you can. I did a video on how to set it up and use it in a basic form. https://youtu.be/nchMOo3Gm2k

Nice video Candice. Laughed when you mentioned the Do-Do story. My son calls anything that looks like a VB Do-Do now. Or he says "Daddy made it".

I'll have a firmware update soon to fix the Japanese character issue when saving Japanese ROMs. A few other updates will be in there for devs as well. Code is nearly complete and I should be able to test this week.

Picture below of latest programmers I've built. They'll go out in the next few weeks to people who ordered. They're waiting for the 128Mbit carts.

Attach file:

jpg  VB programmer batch 2.jpg (2,017.37 KB)
14261_5bf9ac0715001.jpg 3641X2063 px

Posted on: 11/24 21:48
PVB Elite
Joined 2014/6/4
USA
549 Posts
Long Time User (4 Years) 20+ Game Ratings
Quote:

mellott124 wrote:
Quote:

retronintendonerd wrote:

Nice video Candice. Laughed when you mentioned the Do-Do story. My son calls anything that looks like a VB Do-Do now. Or he says "Daddy made it".

I'll have a firmware update soon to fix the Japanese character issue when saving Japanese ROMs. A few other updates will be in there for devs as well. Code is nearly complete and I should be able to test this week.

Picture below of latest programmers I've built. They'll go out in the next few weeks to people who ordered. They're waiting for the 128Mbit carts.

Glad I was able to do a good enough video that showcased it :)

I had to add the Do-Do story. I found it so cute. Knowing your son calls all of them that is just too cute. <3

My husband is also writing a padder for Mac users now, since he saw me working on the video and needed to brush up on his python lol

Posted on: 11/29 4:31
VUE(xpert)
Joined 2016/12/15
USA
270 Posts
Long Time User (2 Years)
There's a firmware update now available for the batch 1 VB cart programmers. I've emailed the people who purchased a programmer.
This update adds:

1. General bug fixes
2. Update menu with commands that were missing
3. command which is a short erase/program command for faster development
4. User file name selection when saving ROMs or RAM files
5. GSN/SSN commands for setting/getting serial numbers of VB cart programmers.
6. SD ROM file to serial dump command.

The last command on the upgrade list is a serial to SD ROM file write that is still being worked on.

Batch 2 programmers will already have all these updates. The #4 update above is a work around for the Japanese file ROM saves.

Kevin

Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic

Register To Post