You are not logged in.
Lost Password?

Register To Post

Bottom   Previous Topic   Next Topic

LOL why the HELL is 3d tetris so expensive on ebay?!?!?!
Posted on: 2018/4/5 1:09
Virtual Freak
Joined 2017/7/10
USA
98 Posts
Long Time User (2 Years)
so i cant seem to find my copy 3d tetris and i thought to myself, oh, no biggie, last i checked they were like 12$ on ebay. now people are trying to sell them for 80-100 dollars LOOSE!!!!!!!!! what the hell has the virtual boy scene come to.. i understand waterworld and jack bros of course and space invaders etc ... but 3d tetris? really? give me a break

Re: LOL why the HELL is 3d tetris so expensive on ebay?!?!?!
Posted on: 2018/4/5 1:20
PVB Elite
Joined 2012/7/9
USA
834 Posts
Top10 PosterLong Time User (7 Years) 20+ Game Ratings
Actually 3D Tetris is pretty uncommon as it wasnít well received. I never saw a copy for under $35 even in 2012. The last 6 years have caused every game (except Virtual Fishing which was $80 back then and is now like $60?) to skyrocket on VB.

Posted on: 2018/4/5 1:57
VUE(xpert)
Joined 2016/12/15
USA
337 Posts
Long Time User (2 Years)
I didnít realize this either until recently. It used to be pretty cheap from what I remember.
Someone mentioned it was expensive and I was arguing it wasnít the case. Then I checked eBay. Yikes!

Posted on: 2018/4/5 3:02
PVB Elite
Joined 2014/6/4
USA
588 Posts
Long Time User (5 Years)20+ Game Ratings
I noticed a price increase with all the games. I look up current prices for the series I do and my jaw has dropped a few times.

Posted on: 2018/4/5 3:19
PVB Elite
Joined 2013/6/17
Canada
1176 Posts
Top10 Poster10+ Game RatingsLong Time User (6 Years)
3D Tetris has been expensive for a few years now. It seems to go Nester Bowling -> 3D Tetris -> Waterworld, then Jack Bros. being the most expensive. I remember picking up my CIB copy of 3D Tetris in auction for about $100 like 3 or so years ago and thinking I got a good price.

Even in the past year or two things have definitely gotten more expensive.

Posted on: 2018/4/5 5:31
Nintendoid!
Joined 2017/10/29
USA
115 Posts
Long Time User (2 Years)
Quote:

Seam wrote:
so i cant seem to find my copy 3d tetris and i thought to myself, oh, no biggie, last i checked they were like 12$ on ebay. now people are trying to sell them for 80-100 dollars LOOSE!!!!!!!!! what the hell has the virtual boy scene come to.. i understand waterworld and jack bros of course and space invaders etc ... but 3d tetris? really? give me a break

Welcome to the future... thats all i can say.

Posted on: 2018/4/5 6:02
Virtual Freak
Joined 2017/7/10
USA
98 Posts
Long Time User (2 Years)
Quote:

Nes Freak wrote:
Quote:

Seam wrote:

Welcome to the future... thats all i can say.

The future is rough

Posted on: 2018/4/5 6:40
Nintendoid!
Joined 2014/5/16
USA
146 Posts
Long Time User (5 Years)
Are you sure you are not confusing "3-D Tetris" with "V-Tetris"? I think 3-D Tetris has always been on the higher end of the VB spectrum in relative terms. V-Tetris on the other hand has always been one of the cheaper titles, particularly among the Japanese-only releases.
Quote:

Seam wrote:

Posted on: 2018/4/5 17:04
PVB Elite
Joined 2014/6/4
USA
588 Posts
Long Time User (5 Years)20+ Game Ratings
Quote:

astro187 wrote:
Are you sure you are not confusing "3-D Tetris" with "V-Tetris"? I think 3-D Tetris has always been on the higher end of the VB spectrum in relative terms. V-Tetris on the other hand has always been one of the cheaper titles, particularly among the Japanese-only releases.

V-Tetris is the superior of the two IMO. 3D Tetris I found too disorienting.

Posted on: 2018/4/5 19:01
Virtual Freak
Joined 2017/9/15
72 Posts
Long Time User (2 Years)
V-Tetris is suuuper cheap, even brand new in box. And it's great fun.

3-D Tetris is interesting, I like the puzzle mode more than the endless mode. Once you finish all the puzzles, the endless mode isn't all that fun.

But just like every console, there are games that didn't do well, so not very many copies got printed. Now, decades later, some of the most expensive games are some of the least enjoyable. It's a paradox.

Of course it's not the case for every rare game on every console. But Waterworld on VB? Yes.

Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic

Register To Post