You are not logged in.
Lost Password?

Register To Post

Bottom   Previous Topic   Next Topic

Re: Virtual Boy Screen Repairs
Posted on: 3/6 4:12
Joined 3/5
3 Posts
I mean I certainly am kind of torn. As a showcase piece it would be cool to have the unit functioning as intended. I am casting around for offers to do the solder fix right now. Do users here feel like that is a good long term solution for keeping the system up and running?

Posted on: 3/6 5:57
Virtual Freak
Joined 1/27
78 Posts
PlanetVB has an associated facebook group of sorts called Virtual Boy Fans Unite! and in there is a member Chris Snead. He will do the work for $10 an eye + return shipping. He does as good as anyone else can in doing the solder repair with a very fast turn around too.

Posted on: 3/6 6:00
Joined 3/5
3 Posts
Perfect. I will join the group and reach out. Thank you.

Posted on: 3/27 1:24
Joined 3/27
1 Posts
Is anyone still willing to fix VB lenses? In desperate need. Thanks.

Posted on: 4/4 17:35
VB Gamer
Joined 2/16
35 Posts
I've done 3-4 few ebay rescues and have gotten a very high degree of sucess so long as the cable is still attached to the board and nothing else is damaged. I'm willing to do repairs for others. Go on and add me to the list. I'll charge $10 per display plus return shipping. See attached photo for an example of my work

Attach file:

jpg  P4030038.JPG (3,058.58 KB)
14957_5ca6244b1ca14.jpg 4608X3072 px

Posted on: 4/10 20:17
Joined 2018/4/19
3 Posts
Long Time User (1 Year)
Thank you to TheForce81 for soldering my VB ribbons. The games look so clear now. Great job!

Posted on: 5/18 12:25
Joined 5/8
2 Posts
Hi,

I'm based in the UK & recently bought a Japanese VB which turns out to have issues with the right display. It has lots of vertical lines running through it which from reading up on here suggests the ribbon needs sorting.

Can anyone recommend someone UK based who can help me out please?

Posted on: 5/22 6:29
Virtual Freak
Joined 1/27
78 Posts
I've been educated on how to do the solder fix and performed my first successful one this night. My soldering game has raised quite a bit from batteries, popped wires, and chip swapping old carts considering the delicacy of it all. I didn't bacon warp the ribbon or any other common blunders at all either thankfully. :D

I'll be doing another one tomorrow night if plans work out.

Posted on: 5/22 22:43
Virtual Freak
Joined 2017/10/29
USA
89 Posts
Long Time User (1 Year)
Quote:

MrMobbs wrote:
Hi,

I'm based in the UK & recently bought a Japanese VB which turns out to have issues with the right display. It has lots of vertical lines running through it which from reading up on here suggests the ribbon needs sorting.

Can anyone recommend someone UK based who can help me out please?

theforce81 can fix it for you hes your nearest in the netherlands

Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic

Register To Post