129 Posts
Long Time User (2 Years)
Quote:

Wyndcrosser schrieb:
How much did you pay StereoBoy?

I paid around $85.

Wow - that must be some days ago ...
Actually, I'm ashamed to tell ...

It definetely was too much for a video game (knowing that poverty is a major problem to the inhabitants of planet earth). But anyway HF is also an awesome "document" to me as a 3D stuff collector, showing what communities are able to do with an underrated 3d device.
I also argued to myself, I'd be able to sell it later for the same price - so the money would have been more like a deposit. But I don't want to sell it anyway ...
And finally, it also was my birthday when I bought it. And I had worked very hard on differen't things the weeks before - so I consider it as a gift to myself
I also do regulary donations for non-profit organizations ... so, conscience washed clean again, haha ...

I doubt that I will invest a similar sum again for a game ... well - but maybe to support an upcoming, awesome homebrew project ...?
I think, that would be more reasonable ...
Edited by StereoBoy on 2017/7/24 16:12

Re: Hyper Fighting unlocks
Posted on: 2017/7/24 16:49
VUE(xpert)
Joined 2016/12/15
USA
302 Posts
Long Time User (2 Years)
I paid $750 for one before. Most of us have seen the eBay prices.

Posted on: 2017/7/24 17:56
PVB Elite
Joined 2011/4/27
USA
2291 Posts
Highscore Top10 1stHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreCollection Top10Contributor#2 PosterLong Time User (8 Years) 30+ Game Ratings
Quote:

StereoBoy wrote:
Quote:

Wyndcrosser schrieb:
How much did you pay StereoBoy?

I paid around $85.

Wow - that must be some days ago ...
Actually, I'm ashamed to tell ...

Don't worry, nobody else has paid anywhere close to what I paid to get my copy.

Quote:
I doubt that I will invest a similar sum again for a game ... well - but maybe to support an upcoming, awesome homebrew project ...?
I think, that would be more reasonable ...

I would probably be more than willing to be the overwhelmingly largest contributor to a future Virtual Boy homebrew project, as long as the person who was making the game came with credentials, like Mr. Anon did. Like if DanB would ever desire to give us a full version of the Zero Racers-like game that the VB so desperately needs, I'd be all on board for that, especially if the deal happened to include that awesome prototype VB link cable... Just throwin' it out there. ;-)

Posted on: 2017/7/24 18:48
VB Gamer
Joined 2017/6/24
USA
48 Posts
Long Time User (2 Years)
I would be willing to contribute as well. I wouldn't be able to contribute a lot but if we got a pool going I would do what I could.

Posted on: 2017/7/25 1:10
Nintendoid!
Joined 2017/1/31
Germany
129 Posts
Long Time User (2 Years)
Quote:
Benjamin Stevens wrote:
Don't worry, nobody else has paid anywhere close to what I paid to get my copy.
I believe
But at least, you made something happen with your investment. AND created a job when some talented guy needed one.

Posted on: 2017/7/25 19:29
Nintendoid!
Joined 2012/10/16
202 Posts
Long Time User (6 Years)
I'd drop a couple of hundred, if it produced a solid game, I'm still amazed that Ben padded it all himself (ty btw). My wife would kill me.

Posted on: 2017/7/25 20:48
PVB Elite
Joined 2011/4/27
USA
2291 Posts
Highscore Top10 1stHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreCollection Top10Contributor#2 PosterLong Time User (8 Years) 30+ Game Ratings
Quote:

Wyndcrosser wrote:
I'd drop a couple of hundred, if it produced a solid game, I'm still amazed that Ben padded it all himself (ty btw). My wife would kill me.

Yeah, I know how that is. If things go well with my current girlfriend and we end up getting married, I probably won't be able to be as generous towards Virtual Boy projects at that time as I can at the moment.

Posted on: 2017/7/31 1:23
VB Gamer
Joined 2012/9/12
Finland
39 Posts
Long Time User (7 Years)
So somebody already made new batch of hyperfighting or what : o ?

Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic

Register To Post