Re: Is There Reproduction Demand?
Posted on: 2017/6/27 19:00
Virtual Freak
Joined 2009/9/14
USA
98 Posts
Long Time User (10 Years)
Hey Everyone,
I would say stay tuned. I feel somethings a (home)brewing and there may be reproduction details coming. Figuring out everything right now.

Here's my rough draft of ideas for now. Nothing is set in stone, things can, and most likely will change between the time of this post and what may end up being the thing that happens at the end.

I'm working on getting a PCB supplier now. MineStorm has sent me his remaining stock (which I didn't even ask him for, he's just that cool!) and I have a 2nd source (not sure if I should be naming names as of yet) willing to help as well. So a lot of supplies, which was one thing I was worried about. So I can check that off the list. Now comes the next parts

Things to figure out:
--------------------
Talking to coders to see what/if they want as a kick back and get their "OK"
Will Donor carts be mandatory? or can I find a supply myself?
How hard would it be to do a bi-weekly/monthly thing, for example, is it possible to do a free for all and take orders (usually in small manageable batches like 20 give or take)? or do what I've done in the past with my NES/SNES reproductions and say "this batches title is XYZ!" and take orders that way, not to say if you missed "XYZ" theres only one batch before i move onto the next title, and if you missed your chance your SOL. I'd do a looping cycle, so after a few batches "XYZ" will return to the front of the line and so on. (I have a feeling this would be the method I do)

ok so I may be doing a test batch of a game. Not taking any spots for it yet, but curious, which game would you like to see first? (Keeping in mind, only doing fan translations, unreleased games, and homebrews). Once I get a feel whats the most in demand game for the first one, I can contact whoever's involved with the ROM and get the ball rolling

I'm not the best in writing, so does all that make sense?

Thanks Everyone!

(oh! P.S. they would be carts only, I don't have the resources to do boxes at this moment)

Posted on: 2017/6/27 22:22
PVB Elite
Joined 2011/3/10
USA
923 Posts
Top10 PosterLong Time User (9 Years) 30+ Game Ratings
I like the looping build cycle, which should help get games into every gamers hands who wants/needs them. there is also the idea of building carts on-demand, as orderes are placed by a customer.

My thoughts on donors is not to require them if possible, while perhaps offering discounts to those willing to supply them.

I would love to see Hunter finished and released, until that dream can come true, a second carts only release of Fish Bone or Blox seem like good ideas

Posted on: 2017/6/28 1:50
PVB Elite
Joined 2007/10/26
USA
757 Posts
ContributorTop10 PosterLong Time User (12 Years) Donator
I can supply cart parts and donor carts if you need them.

-Eric

Posted on: 2017/6/29 22:08
PVB Elite
Joined 2011/7/1
Germany
1150 Posts
CoderContributorTop10 PosterLong Time User (8 Years) App CoderPVBCC 2013 Entry
Virtual Fishing is the only translated game that doesn't have a repo yet. I talked to Tusk a while ago and he did want to make a cib run. However, I haven't heard from him since.

If you want to make repos of it just go for it. I don't want money, just one or two free copies.

Posted on: 2017/6/29 22:18
PVB Elite
Joined 2013/6/17
Canada
1210 Posts
Top10 Poster10+ Game RatingsLong Time User (6 Years)
Oh yeah, I'd totally go for a translated Virtual Fishing. Good call, Thunderstruck!

Posted on: 2017/6/30 2:51
Nintendoid!
Joined 2012/8/29
USA
140 Posts
Long Time User (7 Years)
Quote:

thunderstruck wrote:
Virtual Fishing is the only translated game that doesn't have a repo yet. I talked to Tusk a while ago and he did want to make a cib run. However, I haven't heard from him since.

If you want to make repos of it just go for it. I don't want money, just one or two free copies.

They are definitely in the works. Just been trying to get everything lined up. CIB will be coming soon. As well as a small run of CIB Insecticide first!

Posted on: 2017/6/30 6:12
PVB Elite
Joined 2011/3/10
USA
923 Posts
Top10 PosterLong Time User (9 Years) 30+ Game Ratings
does anyone know if the translated VF carts on eBay have a battery on the PCB?

Posted on: 2017/6/30 12:01
PVB Elite
Joined 2011/7/1
Germany
1150 Posts
CoderContributorTop10 PosterLong Time User (8 Years) App CoderPVBCC 2013 Entry
Quote:

Lester Knight wrote:
does anyone know if the translated VF carts on eBay have a battery on the PCB?

I didn't even know they exist. Do you have a link?

Posted on: 2017/6/30 14:20
Virtual Freak
Joined 2009/9/14
USA
98 Posts
I made one for myself,
they do have a battery, it's the same as the original Japan cart, a battery is used to save scores and such. Pretty neat!, if I get this repro thing going, it'll be def one of the games I do.

Posted on: 2017/6/30 14:24
Virtual Freak
Joined 2009/9/14
USA
98 Posts
Quote:

thunderstruck wrote:

Awesome!
Thanks for the okay, this will either be the first or second one I do

One thing I like to do, is to make my games stand out, as well as not hurt value(?) of other reproductions is to design or arrange my own label art. I'm no artist, so I wont be creating new content, but I'm pretty good at making some neat designs for labels with stuff I find online. I've done 3 games for the NES over at NintendoAge and did the labels myself, and I think they came out pretty well, my favorite being the Goonies. I'll get cracking at a V.Fishing one today

Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic

Register To Post