Re: Collecting Vintage VFD Tabletops and Handhelds
Posted on: 1/18 0:22

Joined 2015/3/28
USA
-1 Posts
Long Time User (5 Years)
Quote:

Benjamin Stevens wrote:

They had better still release a proper version of Defender. I'm still worried about that.

Ben, look... The wait is finally over!!!

Attach file:

jpg  Defender Spy Hunter - front.jpg (811.22 KB)
8015_5e224facc5c36.jpg 2374X2106 px

jpg  Defender Spy Hunter - side.jpg (793.70 KB)
8015_5e224fbcb6657.jpg 2210X2262 px

Posted on: 1/18 1:11

Joined 2011/4/27
USA
-1 Posts
Highscore Top10 1stHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreCollection Top10 1stContributor#2 PosterLong Time User (9 Years) 30+ Game Ratings
And here, I had already lost all hope...

Gotta make my way to Wal-Mart soon! :-)

Posted on: 1/18 21:12

Joined 2006/10/2
-1 Posts
ContributorLong Time User (13 Years)
I don't think you can find Spy Hunter or Defender on the WalMart site using ANY keywords, including the exact title they use on their site - "Games Spy Hunter Mini Arcade Game" and "Games Defender Mini Arcade Game". But if you use the UPC to search, they come up:
Spy Hunter: 885561096408
Defender: 885561096026

Posted on: 2/11 17:33

Joined 2015/3/28
USA
-1 Posts
Long Time User (5 Years)
Continuing their line of edutainment video games, Basic Fun releases Carmen Sandiego.

Attach file:

jpg  Carmen Sandiego.jpg (721.53 KB)
8015_5e42e514a7da7.jpg 2175X2299 px

Posted on: 3/5 1:36

Joined 2019/1/27
USA
-1 Posts
Long Time User (1 Year)
I've got that Spy Hunter, despite the questionable choice of only having one weapon at a time (meaning loss of gun for...) it's an oddly fun game and a bit more challenging due to that choice. The audio and visuals are amazing, right in there with the arcade too, so it's a nice variant of the original but if you're a purist it may piss you off.

Carmen I found this about a week ago at an overstock/return stock shop, got lucky they had one sealed up for $10 so I grabbed it. I'm shocked how good it is, far better and more reasonable than Oregon Trail with all its overkill use of death to make a point. The whole setup from the old DOS era game is there with the clues, filling in for the warrant, travel and questioning, all of it down to the win/loss of the hunt -- and it saves progress too. I can't recommend that one any higher of the two.

Posted on: 4/4 6:48

Joined 2015/3/28
USA
-1 Posts
Long Time User (5 Years)
Quote:

VmprHntrD wrote:

Carmen...I can't recommend that one any higher of the two.

I enjoy this one very much, they really did a great job on it.

Quote:

Benjamin Stevens wrote:

I'm actually in the process of designing a little arcade room for all of my Basic Fun mini arcade cabinets...

If this is something you're still doing, check these out: A mini Skee Ball and Whac A Mole made by Basic Fun. They fit in well with their Arcade Classics line. Skee Ball has a date of 2018 on the back of it and was ordered online. Whac A Mole I purchased a couple of weeks ago at Target. Both are neat fun little games :)

Attach file:

jpg  Basic Fun Skee Ball and Whac A Mole.jpg (906.25 KB)
8015_5e882d5a93c9e.jpg 2914X1716 px

Posted on: 4/5 3:23

Joined 2011/4/27
USA
-1 Posts
Highscore Top10 1stHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreCollection Top10 1stContributor#2 PosterLong Time User (9 Years) 30+ Game Ratings
Yes, I have already had the Skee Ball in my collection for a while but I have not seen the Whac A Mole before. I'll keep my eyes open for one!

Posted on: 4/19 8:45

Joined 2015/3/28
USA
-1 Posts
Long Time User (5 Years)
Quote:

Benjamin Stevens wrote:
...I have not seen the Whac A Mole before. I'll keep my eyes open for one!

Be on the lookout for this as well, I found out about it shortly after my last post here. It's a mini version of the ol' school arcade Basketball game Pop A Shot.

This is part of the Midway Classics series like the Whac A Mole is.

Also, a completely unrelated PM has been sent to ya :D

Attach file:

jpg  Basic Fun Midway Classics Pop A Shot.jpg (739.49 KB)
8015_5e9c0f8a51394.jpg 2386X2096 px

Posted on: 4/19 14:42

Joined 2011/4/27
USA
-1 Posts
Very nice! I wonder how many more Midway Classics there will be?

Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic

Register To Post