Posted on: 2017/10/18 19:44
PVB Elite
Joined 2011/7/1
Germany
1109 Posts
CoderContributorTop10 PosterLong Time User (8 Years) App CoderPVBCC 2013 Entry
Quote:

RunnerPack wrote:
I just sent "Eagle Flight" by Ubisoft back to GameFly. It's a very interesting experience, but as a game, it's a little underwhelming. Overall, it's about a 7/10; PSVR owners should definitely give it a try.

That one made me motion sick in some places.

Re: Playstation VR
Posted on: 2017/10/19 1:55
PVB Elite
Joined 2003/7/26
USA
1464 Posts
PVBCC EntryCoderContributorSpecial AchievementTop10 PosterHOTY09 EntryLong Time User (15 Years) App Coder20+ Game RatingsPVBCC 2013 Entry
Quote:

thunderstruck wrote:
Quote:

RunnerPack wrote:
I just sent "Eagle Flight" by Ubisoft back to GameFly. It's a very interesting experience, but as a game, it's a little underwhelming. Overall, it's about a 7/10; PSVR owners should definitely give it a try.

That one made me motion sick in some places.

I never felt sick while playing, but getting used to walking instead of flying after I stopped was weird

Most VR games don't affect me at all. I think what might have made this different was a combination of the controls (using my head instead of my hands/fingers), and the fact that the game always puts "blinders" on you when you get close to things, to block out fast-moving surfaces.

Posted on: 2017/11/28 16:34
Virtual Freak
Joined 2017/11/11
USA
82 Posts
Long Time User (1 Year)
I know nothing about the Playstation VR, but is it like the VB but in color?

Posted on: 2017/11/29 2:51
PVB Elite
Joined 2003/7/26
USA
1464 Posts
PVBCC EntryCoderContributorSpecial AchievementTop10 PosterHOTY09 EntryLong Time User (15 Years) App Coder20+ Game RatingsPVBCC 2013 Entry
Quote:

UHATEIT wrote:

Sometimes it's like a color VB (i.e. a screen floating in black space), but usually only during loading screens, menus, etc. Games generally fill your entire field of view, and your head is tracked so that when you move, your view changes as if you were really there.

It also has positional - rather than simply stereo - sound, so you can hear where things are, even if you can't see them.

Your controller(s) is/are (usually) also tracked in 3D space, just like your head. This allows you to interact with things in the VR as if they were really there in relation to you and your hands.

Posted on: 2017/12/19 19:05
Virtual Freak
Joined 2017/11/11
USA
82 Posts
Long Time User (1 Year)
Quote:

RunnerPack wrote:
Quote:

UHATEIT wrote:

Sometimes it's like a color VB (i.e. a screen floating in black space), but usually only during loading screens, menus, etc. Games generally fill your entire field of view, and your head is tracked so that when you move, your view changes as if you were really there.

It also has positional - rather than simply stereo - sound, so you can hear where things are, even if you can't see them.

Your controller(s) is/are (usually) also tracked in 3D space, just like your head. This allows you to interact with things in the VR as if they were really there in relation to you and your hands.

That does sound pretty awesome! In the interim I bought a VR headset off amazon to put my phone into, but no matter how I adjust it I get double vision because it will not adjust wide enough to match with my eyes. Seems somewhat faulty if headsets cannot be adjusted to even a normal person's face!

Posted on: 2018/3/11 6:39
Joined 2017/12/11
3 Posts
Long Time User (1 Year)
I'll also recommend Batman: Arkham VR, *especially* if you're a Batman fan. The feeling of being Batman is something that I've never experienced in any other medium.

Resident Evil 7 is also a must-play on PSVR, in my opinion. The game was essentially made with VR in mind, and is one of the best examples of a full-length AAA game for a VR platform. And it's a good game to boot.

Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic

Register To Post