Posted on: 2016/8/12 6:19
Joined 2016/7/21
8 Posts
Long Time User (3 Years)
Quote:

RetroDan wrote:
Quote:

jrronimo wrote:
I'm curious: Did you make your own new PCB? If so, that's fantastic! Can you share any information about the board?

Confession - the current PCB I use is designed by a fellow out in California named Kevin Mellott. For the record, I did tell him about this project, and he is alright with me using his board. I am in the process of designing my own board, as soon as I determine a Flash chip in 4Mbit, 8Mbit, and 16Mbit sizes that includes a #RESET line and operates on 5V. It's harder than you'd think.

The board is viewable in the first post of the NintendoAge thread, fully populated except for the nvRAM and MaskROM.

Not seeing a pic anywhere?

Re: SD Gundam 50 repro run at NintendoAge
Posted on: 2016/8/12 13:30
Nintendoid!
Joined 2016/7/21
162 Posts
Long Time User (3 Years)
Quote:

GEZ wrote:
Any room for one more on the list? Don't have a donor though. I am in Canada...

Added you to the list.

Quote:

RareGameCollector wrote:
Quote:

RetroDan wrote:
Quote:

jrronimo wrote:
I'm curious: Did you make your own new PCB? If so, that's fantastic! Can you share any information about the board?

Confession - the current PCB I use is designed by a fellow out in California named Kevin Mellott. For the record, I did tell him about this project, and he is alright with me using his board. I am in the process of designing my own board, as soon as I determine a Flash chip in 4Mbit, 8Mbit, and 16Mbit sizes that includes a #RESET line and operates on 5V. It's harder than you'd think.

The board is viewable in the first post of the NintendoAge thread, fully populated except for the nvRAM and MaskROM.

Not seeing a pic anywhere?

http://nintendoagemedia.com/_usermedi ... 131A-E00E1AC6C6B9DB46.png

Posted on: 2016/8/12 20:34
VUE(xpert)
Joined 2015/3/28
USA
373 Posts
Long Time User (4 Years)
Quote:

thunderstruck wrote:

Cool, thanks man.

No prob, I'm more than happy to help.

Quote:

GEZ wrote:

GEZ, I got your back bro.

RetroDan, I'm now passing over my MT donor cart over to GEZ, and will now be donoring a Red Alarm cart in place of that one.

Posted on: 2016/8/13 0:22
Nintendoid!
Joined 2016/7/21
162 Posts
Long Time User (3 Years)
Quote:

vuefinder83 wrote:
Quote:

thunderstruck wrote:

Cool, thanks man.

No prob, I'm more than happy to help.

Quote:

GEZ wrote:

RetroDan, I'm now passing over my MT donor cart over to GEZ, and will now be donoring a Red Alarm cart in place of that one.

Applied. At this time, all donor carts are being called in. I've sent PMs to everybody who indicated that they would donate a cart.

Posted on: 2016/8/13 2:39
VUE(xpert)
Joined 2015/3/28
USA
373 Posts
Long Time User (4 Years)
Quote:

RetroDan wrote:
Applied. At this time, all donor carts are being called in. I've sent PMs to everybody who indicated that they would donate a cart.

I read that message today at a time when I couldn't leave my job. Those carts will be shipped out first thing tomorrow, ASAP.

Sorry for any inconvenience.

Posted on: 2016/8/16 14:47
Virtual Freak
Joined 2012/2/2
Canada
62 Posts
Long Time User (7 Years)
Quote:

Wow, thanks very much - I love this community!
And thanks RetroDan!

Posted on: 2016/8/16 22:14
Nintendoid!
Joined 2016/7/21
162 Posts
Long Time User (3 Years)
Quote:

GEZ wrote:

Wow, thanks very much - I love this community!
And thanks RetroDan!

You ain't kiddin'. Something about VB fans make them very, very cool people. Bigmak donated a substantial amount of stuff for the run, like VB dust covers, bags, and a shit-ton of the printed materials, and freakin' GAVE me a copy of Bound High.

Posted on: 2016/8/17 3:38
PVB Elite
Joined 2012/7/9
USA
833 Posts
Top10 PosterLong Time User (7 Years) 20+ Game Ratings
Seems like something Eric would do, he's always super helpful to everyone.

Posted on: 2016/8/17 5:17
PVB Elite
Joined 2013/6/17
Canada
1155 Posts
Top10 Poster10+ Game RatingsLong Time User (6 Years)
I'm glad to hear everyone is helping out here. I'll also echo how great this community is, they were a help in getting me into the system. So many awesome and helpful people here.

I like how your doing another run of this game, Dan. While I'm not getting one I know a lot of people were bummed when they missed out on it. I'm glad they had another shot at it!

Posted on: 2016/8/17 14:36
Nintendoid!
Joined 2016/7/21
162 Posts
Long Time User (3 Years)
Well, the last spot on the waiting list was filled yesterday.

I actually started this run because I wasn't going to spend a shit-ton of money on games I might potentially like/dislike, so I made a few repros of the games I wanted to try. SD Gundam was one of them, mainly because years ago, I saw the English repro on UncleTusk's site, and I missed the boat on it.

I made my own copy, loved it, and thought, "I bet there are other people who missed the chance to play this". It all kind of snowballed from there. I've been rather surprised and humbled by the enthusiasm of the community response. I know I keep mentioning it, but it keeps on surprising me.

Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic

Register To Post