Posted on: 2016/8/8 22:53
VUE(xpert)
Joined 2015/3/28
USA
384 Posts
Long Time User (4 Years)
Quote:

RetroDan wrote:

Sure, I'll take four donors from you. I'll credit them for the carts, if that's okay.

Thanks. Yeah that's ok with me.

Re: SD Gundam 50 repro run at NintendoAge
Posted on: 2016/8/10 19:43
PVB Elite
Joined 2011/7/1
Germany
1123 Posts
CoderContributorTop10 PosterLong Time User (8 Years) App CoderPVBCC 2013 Entry
Quote:

vuefinder83 wrote:
Quote:

RetroDan wrote:
Added to the list.

I would like to be added to the list if it's not too late. I also have enough MT donor carts to cover me and my good friends, Robert Molander, L_E_T, and thunderstruck, if donors are still needed.

Cool, thanks man.

Posted on: 2016/8/10 21:04
VB Gamer
Joined 2007/10/21
45 Posts
Long Time User (12 Years)
Hey Dan, please add me to the list if there are anymore spots left, thanks!

Posted on: 2016/8/10 22:42
Nintendoid!
Joined 2016/7/21
162 Posts
Long Time User (3 Years)
Quote:

jumpman wrote:
Hey Dan, please add me to the list if there are anymore spots left, thanks!

Added. Only a few spots left now.

At this time, I'd like to go over procedure for those of you with donor carts or trade-ins. When the waiting list is filled completely, I will be be contacting each member with a donor or a trade-in with the shipping address to send their carts. Included with the carts you send, I would like each of you to add a piece of paper with your username, what carts you're donating (and how many), and your shipping address. Having written correspondence will help me keep things straight so that there are no mixups.

Please be aware that these items will be assembled by hand, and that will take some time. I will keep the thread updated on production progress, but please don't be surprised if this takes a few weeks. As far as shipping goes, US orders will ship first when the project is completed, and then International orders. All shipments will include a tracking number.

Thanks to everyone in the community who is helping this project succeed - I couldn't have done it without you.
Edited by RetroDan on 2016/8/10 22:58

Posted on: 2016/8/11 1:35
VUE(xpert)
Joined 2005/9/17
USA
312 Posts
Long Time User (14 Years)
I'm curious: Did you make your own new PCB? If so, that's fantastic! Can you share any information about the board?

Posted on: 2016/8/11 2:14
Nintendoid!
Joined 2016/7/21
162 Posts
Long Time User (3 Years)
Quote:

jrronimo wrote:
I'm curious: Did you make your own new PCB? If so, that's fantastic! Can you share any information about the board?

Confession - the current PCB I use is designed by a fellow out in California named Kevin Mellott. For the record, I did tell him about this project, and he is alright with me using his board. I am in the process of designing my own board, as soon as I determine a Flash chip in 4Mbit, 8Mbit, and 16Mbit sizes that includes a #RESET line and operates on 5V. It's harder than you'd think.

The board is viewable in the first post of the NintendoAge thread, fully populated except for the nvRAM and MaskROM.

Posted on: 2016/8/11 18:03
VUE(xpert)
Joined 2010/10/23
Great Britain
385 Posts
10+ Game RatingsLong Time User (9 Years) Donator
I never really got on with this game but I wish you luck with your sales, looks like your going to get the 50 you wanted.

Posted on: 2016/8/11 21:02
VUE(xpert)
Joined 2005/9/17
USA
312 Posts
Long Time User (14 Years)
Quote:

RetroDan wrote:
Quote:

jrronimo wrote:

Confession - the current PCB I use is designed by a fellow out in California named Kevin Mellott. For the record, I did tell him about this project, and he is alright with me using his board. I am in the process of designing my own board, as soon as I determine a Flash chip in 4Mbit, 8Mbit, and 16Mbit sizes that includes a #RESET line and operates on 5V. It's harder than you'd think.

The board is viewable in the first post of the NintendoAge thread, fully populated except for the nvRAM and MaskROM.

Super cool! I'm glad to see people making their own boards for things like this. I remember hearing before about how hard it is to get the right Flash chips; I seem to recall Mindstorm or someone getting lots of really old Intel-made chips or something... The memory is fuzzy at this point, haha.

I've got one of the original productions of these, otherwise I'd be in for one of the new ones. My wallet, however, isn't, heh.

Posted on: 2016/8/12 0:29
Nintendoid!
Joined 2016/7/21
162 Posts
Long Time User (3 Years)
Judging by the pics I found online, Mindstorm used the Intel DA28f016 series of chips. He must have cleaned them out though - when I learned what chip he used, I started searching for them, but nobody seems to have them anymore.

Posted on: 2016/8/12 3:17
Virtual Freak
Joined 2012/2/2
Canada
62 Posts
Long Time User (7 Years)
Any room for one more on the list? Don't have a donor though. I am in Canada...

Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic

Register To Post