Register To Post

Bottom   Previous Topic   Next Topic

Re: Making a VB Game
Posted on: 2017/5/24 22:02
Administrator
Joined 2000/1/8
Germany
2515 Posts
Highscore Top10Highscore Top ScoreCoder#1 PosterHOTY09 1stLong Time User (15 Years) App Coder90+ Game Ratings
Nin, that's great news, I hope you can pull this off! I'd love to do the port but I am too busy with other projects at the moment I am afraid. In case you end up using the VUEngine, I'll try my best to answer your questions, though!

Posted on: 2017/5/27 2:32
Virtual Freak
Joined 2017/1/25
USA
69 Posts
Long Time User (2 Years)
Quote:

Nin wrote:
So i've been looking into an actual virtual boy port, considering new developments in VB Homebrews this past year. Would anyone be up for that? I dunno if i would be able to do it completely by myself, so i might look for a team in the future to help with an official port.

That would be awesome! I have no skills that would be of use to you, but out of curiosity what kind of port would you be looking to make?

Posted on: 2018/7/21 15:25
VB Gamer
Joined 2016/4/25
21 Posts
Long Time User (3 Years)
Hi all, long time no see. We've been very hard at work the last year and a half, with progress moving towards the tools and tech needed for both a PC and VB release.
Open in new window

HOWEVER! We need your help! If you like what you see here, please consider supporting us on Patreon! We need all the funding we can get at the moment if we have any hope of actually completing this project. All your support really counts!

https://www.patreon.com/PeoplePleaser

Yan's World
Posted on: 6/1 22:04
VB Gamer
Joined 2016/4/25
21 Posts
Long Time User (3 Years)
The game is still in development. I am sorry for not updating everyone sooner.
Open in new window

Open in new window

Open in new window

Link to Update/Explanton

I officially relaunched the patreon today too. If you enjoy the game, please consider pledging, even if it's just a dollar.

If anyone here could get the word out to those who haven't seen, it would be appreciated.

Re: Yan
Posted on: 6/1 23:26
PVB Elite
Joined 2013/6/17
Canada
1145 Posts
Top10 Poster10+ Game RatingsLong Time User (6 Years)
Glad to see this is still being developed!

Posted on: 6/7 17:24
Joined 2010/9/25
8 Posts
Long Time User (8 Years)
WOW!!!!
This is REALLY cool!

Posted on: 6/8 17:45
Virtual Freak
Joined 2017/7/10
USA
98 Posts
Long Time User (2 Years)
wow, i thought this was dead. i will definitely be buying a copy! keep up the great work :D

Posted on: 6/12 3:45
Virtual Freak
Joined 1/27
USA
90 Posts
Quote:

Nin wrote:

I forgot about this one too, thanks for letting us know it isn't dead. If you ever do get this finished I'd like to grab a copy to play on my system. The new stuff slowly creeping out over the last few years from some competent designers (like hyper fighting for example) are so few and far between it's like real VB development is happening again. :D

Posted on: 6/16 15:51
VB Gamer
Joined 2016/4/25
21 Posts
Long Time User (3 Years)
Quote:

Seam wrote:
wow, i thought this was dead. i will definitely be buying a copy! keep up the great work :D

Quote:

VmprHntrD wrote:
Quote:

Nin wrote:

I forgot about this one too, thanks for letting us know it isn't dead. If you ever do get this finished I'd like to grab a copy to play on my system. The new stuff slowly creeping out over the last few years from some competent designers (like hyper fighting for example) are so few and far between it's like real VB development is happening again. :D

Thank you. Sadly, unless I get a publisher...physical copies will be sold in limited quantities. I am aiming for 100-150 to start, and even then I am unsure if I could maintain production.

Posted on: 6/17 4:59
Virtual Freak
Joined 1/27
USA
90 Posts
Well maybe mellott could help out somehow? He's the one that seemingly has designed all these interesting toys the VB had intended for it like the link cable, and also new modern VB PCB boards for the various prototype copies, hyper fighting, and the others around. Maybe you could get a deal on some boards and what else is needed to do such a thing.

I don't have deep pockets, but even I've found creative or accidentally creative ways to get some pretty big items for the VB from the blockbuser case to jack bros and even hyper fighting too. If the price isn't prohibitive and the game looks like it would be fun to me I'd be on board.

In another decade and place I used to both be in the game industry at first with technical standards testing and development ideas then later media mainly for reviews. A lot has come across my hands over the years then and since so I kind of get a decent feel for what is and isn't good at least in general. :)

Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic

Register To Post