Register To Post

Bottom   Previous Topic   Next Topic

Re: Dengeki Super Famicom Magazine Virtual Boy Coverage
Posted on: 11/30 0:44
PVB Elite
Joined 2011/4/27
USA
2297 Posts
Highscore Top10 1stHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreCollection Top10 1stContributor#2 PosterLong Time User (8 Years) 30+ Game Ratings
For anyone who might find this thread and hope that I still have these magazines, so that additional scans of certain pages could be made for other systems, please note that I, unfortunately, had these magazines stored in a basement that had never flooded before, but about a year ago, it flooded, and all my Dengeki Super Famicom Magazines got horribly damaged and had to be thrown away. I was thankful that I had already scanned all of the Virtual Boy-related pages, as that was the only reason why I had purchased the magazines.

Posted on: 11/30 20:04
PVB Elite
Joined 2013/6/17
Canada
1176 Posts
Top10 Poster10+ Game RatingsLong Time User (6 Years)
Holy crap, that sucks :( Sorry to hear

At least you got the VB stuff scanned!

Posted on: 12/1 4:20
Nintendoid!
Joined 2012/11/9
Venezuela
132 Posts
Highscore Top10Highscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreLong Time User (7 Years) 90+ Game Ratings
Quote:

Benjamin Stevens wrote:
For anyone who might find this thread and hope that I still have these magazines, so that additional scans of certain pages could be made for other systems, please note that I, unfortunately, had these magazines stored in a basement that had never flooded before, but about a year ago, it flooded, and all my Dengeki Super Famicom Magazines got horribly damaged and had to be thrown away. I was thankful that I had already scanned all of the Virtual Boy-related pages, as that was the only reason why I had purchased the magazines.

It would've been cool to have Dengeki Super Famicom Magazine scans available at Retromags, along with Jugemu and Marushō Super Famicom Magazine, but sucks to hear the flood killed them... Oh well. I'm still thankful for you in scanning stuff from Jugemu that contained Atari Jaguar-related material i needed :)I owe you one... Something that i forgot to say in my post at the MSFCM thread is that i almost experienced the same thing with my Club Nintendo scans a few months ago but thankfully, they were not destroyed by a flood at my house so i can relate to that :/

Posted on: 12/1 15:21
PVB Elite
Joined 2011/4/27
USA
2297 Posts
Highscore Top10 1stHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreCollection Top10 1stContributor#2 PosterLong Time User (8 Years) 30+ Game Ratings
For the time being, I DO still have my Jugemu magazines, as they were not stored in the same location when the flood happened. Nevertheless, I might be listing all of them on ebay in the near future, as I already have everything from them that I need.

Thankfully, none of my majorly valuable Virtual Boy items got damaged in the flood, besides my loose instruction booklets for Waterworld and USA Jack Bros.

Posted on: 12/11 3:02
Joined 2006/9/10
7 Posts
Long Time User (13 Years)
I know what it feels like to lose magazines to floodwater. Thank you for sharing these, though--and for bumping the thread, too; I wouldn't have found it otherwise.

Yamauchi's admission of the Virtual Boy's lack of titles that truly took advantage of the unique hardware really hits home (1996-01-05 #1, page 46).

Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic

Register To Post