Register To Post

Bottom   Previous Topic   Next Topic

Re: Bounds Highs for sale on Assembler
Posted on: 2016/2/1 11:34
VB Gamer
Joined 2016/1/6
37 Posts
Long Time User (3 Years)
I think every REAL collector would love a copy in any condition. Until today I have yet to part with any item in my collection and some have a decent value. Some may call this hoarding, but to me. Every bit I found or bought, has a story. Right now I'm starting to think of releasing a few of the more common items but that's only stuff that anyone could buy, and I have more than two of. No real collector would sell a gem like HF unless it was to save his family.

My point here is that the prices that the games go for on the internet are crazy. If the guys really want to sell the games then they do not have a bond with it and the asking price is way out of its league. I hope to catch a game some day... hoping to be approached by a mystery person who is so kind to share this unique piece with me, but I can tell you now that it will probably never be for resale no matter what the price is. Because I admire the items that I own and almost none are kept in shrink-wrap. Because then I can not enjoy the full experience the item gives. And thats what collecting is. Its not about money, but about a feeling.

And sadly, thats how I feel about the current copies. People who were the lucky ones should guard it with there lives. And feel honored that a mystery person found them special enough to make them part of this project.
Edited by DrWho198 on 2016/2/1 11:58

Posted on: 2016/2/1 17:20
VUE(xpert)
Joined 2007/7/28
Great Britain
336 Posts
Long Time User (12 Years) App Coder
There won't be any more full HF's ever. It's been a bit of a nightmare to be honest. I had threats from people, and Capcom definitely do chase up copyrights.

Posted on: 2016/2/1 18:09
Nintendoid!
Joined 2013/3/25
217 Posts
Long Time User (6 Years)
Street Fighter fans are nuts, Capcom too it seems.

Posted on: 2016/2/1 18:34
VUE(xpert)
Joined 2011/4/8
Great Britain
417 Posts
Long Time User (8 Years)
Quote:

MineStorm wrote:
There won't be any more full HF's ever. It's been a bit of a nightmare to be honest. I had threats from people, and Capcom definitely do chase up copyrights.

What the hell kind of threats? That is not on, the hell's wrong with people?

Posted on: 2016/2/1 19:22
VUE(xpert)
Joined 2007/7/28
Great Britain
336 Posts
Long Time User (12 Years) App Coder
Quote:
What the hell kind of threats?

Informing me they were sending my details to Capcom. That sort of thing.

Posted on: 2016/2/1 19:22
PVB Elite
Joined 2012/7/9
USA
833 Posts
Top10 PosterLong Time User (7 Years) 20+ Game Ratings
I was suprised the game even got a limited release honestly. It was the best option not to make more though as being sued by a huge gaming company like Capcom would be disaster.

Posted on: 2016/2/1 21:55
PVB Elite
Joined 2011/3/10
USA
914 Posts
Top10 PosterLong Time User (8 Years) 30+ Game Ratings
Quote:

bigmak wrote:
I was actually wondering if you knew of anyone :)

OK, cool! =)

Posted on: 2016/2/1 22:35
PVB Elite
Joined 2011/7/1
Germany
1118 Posts
CoderContributorTop10 PosterLong Time User (8 Years) App CoderPVBCC 2013 Entry
Quote:

MineStorm wrote:
It's been a bit of a nightmare to be honest. I had threats from people, and Capcom definitely do chase up copyrights.

Quote:

MineStorm wrote:

I always wonder what kind of person would do these kind of things (the threatening). I guess someone young who wants to feel powerful for a change.

I always liked that the vb community is not like that. Everyone shares their bit, whether it is making games, sharing source code snippets to enable others, pointing out auctions, repairing display and broken vb, writing books, making shirts, sharing scans, doing translations or just participating in the general discussions.

That's actually the reason why I'm still around. People are just nice here. No one cares if the same "my displays are broken" thread is created over and over again and no one gets tired responding.

One thing I know for sure though. This place would exist today without Minestorm. The Flashboy and all the reproduction carts made this place worthwhile. So thanks for that.

Posted on: 2016/2/1 22:43
VUE(xpert)
Joined 2011/4/8
Great Britain
417 Posts
Long Time User (8 Years)
Quote:

MineStorm wrote:
Quote:
What the hell kind of threats?

I'm staggered by this - were they threats that if you DIDN'T give one then this would happen? Very immature and foolish behaviour...

As Thunder said, Minestorm, I think we're all very thankful that you're here and while we're on the topic I'd also like to express long-term thanks and gratitude. Because of you, I can play my favourite game in the world in glorious red and black 3D!

By the way, Retro Gamer mag has a Street Fighter cover article this month - I was really hoping that Hyper Fighting VB would be in it!

Posted on: 2016/2/1 23:45
PVB Elite
Joined 2013/6/17
Canada
1167 Posts
Top10 Poster10+ Game RatingsLong Time User (6 Years)
Quote:

MineStorm wrote:

Wow, some people. Luckily that's nothing more than an empty threat from some immature low life. Even if anything were to happen (which it won't) we got your back. You rock Minestorm, don't ever forget it.

Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic

Register To Post