Bottom   Previous Topic   Next Topic

Re: Bounds Highs for sale on Assembler
Posted on: 2016/1/7 1:42
Nintendoid!
Joined 2012/8/29
USA
140 Posts
Long Time User (7 Years)
Now here's a righteous dude! Thanks for making things right in the world.

Posted on: 2016/1/7 11:40
PVB Elite
Joined 2008/11/10
Great Britain
507 Posts
ContributorLong Time User (10 Years)
Quote:

UncleTusker wrote:
Now here's a righteous dude! Thanks for making things right in the world.

Totally, I second that, top man, karma (or kudo or whatever) is on your side.

Posted on: 2016/1/7 15:59
PVB Elite
Joined 2012/7/9
USA
833 Posts
Top10 PosterLong Time User (7 Years) 20+ Game Ratings
Now that's an excellent ending to this originally sad moment. I always like seeing people with great levels of integrity still left in the world.

Posted on: 2016/1/29 23:15
Joined 2016/1/29
USA
1 Posts
Long Time User (3 Years)
If any of those copies of Hyper Fighting end up for sale by the rightful owners after all is said and done, I'd love to pick one up.

(Woohoo, my 1st PlanetVB post... long-time VB collector, finally figured I should join up.)

Posted on: 2016/1/30 0:45
PVB Elite
Joined 2011/3/10
USA
900 Posts
Top10 PosterLong Time User (8 Years) 30+ Game Ratings
Quote:

Callidus wrote:
If any of those copies of Hyper Fighting end up for sale by the rightful owners after all is said and done, I'd love to pick one up.

(Woohoo, my 1st PlanetVB post... long-time VB collector, finally figured I should join up.)

if a handful of carts were recovered and made into CIB releases, i would personally like to see them go to long-standing planet VB members who were unable to purchase one the 1st time around. nothing personal, honestly. its just hard to validate every 1 post member asking for a copy of HF. i just don't want to see more end up for sale at ridiculous prices.

the reproduction thing started out as a trade deal. donor carts for a reproduction. it always seemed like a way to hook up the community. a way to honor our beloved vb. a way to keep us gaming. nothing against the professionalism of the boxed reproductions, my HF CIB is really nice and everything, but i feel like it detracts from the gaming element and focuses more on collecting. if everyone could have traded donors for a reproduction, perhaps this never would have happened.

also, i'd be remiss not to point out that this game was never intended for the public. ben's post about it is worth reading if you have not already. really, he should be the only one playing anything more than a demo.

anyways, just my opinions here. don't take them personally.

Posted on: 2016/1/30 17:10
VUE(xpert)
Joined 2007/7/28
Great Britain
336 Posts
Long Time User (12 Years) App Coder
FYI I never wanted the carts sold with boxes.

Soon as you add packaging the resale value increases dramatically. It also tricks EBay buyers into thinking it was an official (Nintendo) release.

Posted on: 2016/1/31 17:55
PVB Elite
Joined 2007/10/26
USA
757 Posts
ContributorTop10 PosterLong Time User (11 Years) Donator
>i would personally like to see them go to long-standing planet VB members who were unable to purchase one the 1st time around.

Who are they ? What long-standing members have you talked to that don't have it and have expressed an interest ?

-Eric

Posted on: 2016/1/31 20:55
Nintendoid!
Joined 2013/3/25
217 Posts
Long Time User (6 Years)
I'm probably not "long-standing" but I'd enjoy a loose copy of Hyper Fighting if given the opportunity to buy one. If not then eventually a Flash Boy Plus would be sweet.

Posted on: 2016/1/31 23:16
PVB Elite
Joined 2011/3/10
USA
900 Posts
Top10 PosterLong Time User (8 Years) 30+ Game Ratings
I don't have access to a listing of who purchased it. Perhaps most members already own it. I've no idea and I don't want to debate my opinion for who I feel are long upstanding members. What I will add is that there were people here contributing to the site, and involved with conversations and the community long before HF was a thing. So who I would offer a copy to doesn't really matter. I would just hope that they end up in appreciative hands.

Sorry if that came off as defensive Eric.

Posted on: 2016/1/31 23:41
PVB Elite
Joined 2007/10/26
USA
757 Posts
ContributorTop10 PosterLong Time User (11 Years) Donator
I was actually wondering if you knew of anyone :)

Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic

Register To Post