Register To Post

Bottom   Previous Topic   Next Topic

Homebrew on the Flashboy
Posted on: 2015/5/7 11:25
Virtual Freak
Joined 2015/5/7
61 Posts
Long Time User (3 Years)
Can homebrew found in the competition forums be played on the flashboy? at least some of it?
thanks

Also, homebrew found on the main site.

Re: Homebrew on the Flashboy
Posted on: 2015/5/7 12:51
PVB Elite
Joined 2009/12/30
Netherlands
515 Posts
Highscore Top10Highscore Top ScoreContributor10+ Game RatingsLong Time User (8 Years)
Yes, all of the Homebrew is playable on the Flashboy.

Posted on: 2015/5/7 22:09
PVB Elite
Joined 2011/3/10
USA
854 Posts
Top10 PosterLong Time User (7 Years) 30+ Game Ratings
the hyper fighting (SFII) ROM is currently the only one that would not work (too large). it has not been dumped or released (yet -- hopefully never -- sorry -- biased). meaning, everything currently released will indeed work. you'll need to pad some games to 2MB with the VB padding tool. it is the same way for all commercially released roms, and their hacks and translations.

Posted on: 2015/5/8 3:11
PVB Elite
Joined 2013/6/17
Canada
984 Posts
Long Time User (5 Years)Top10 Poster10+ Game Ratings
Quote:

Lester Knight wrote:
the hyper fighting (SFII) ROM is currently the only one that would not work (too large). it has not been dumped or released (yet -- hopefully never -- sorry -- biased). meaning, everything currently released will indeed work. you'll need to pad some games to 2MB with the VB padding tool. it is the same way for all commercially released roms, and their hacks and translations.

I suppose I support not releasing the rom, mainly because there are people that don't want it released, and I totally respect the reasons that they have. I wouldn't be angry should it be decided that it's allowed to be released, though.

All that being said, the demo of Hyper Fighting fits on the Flashboy, and is still very fun. Because the homebrew section only contains the demo, it means everything in the homebrew section here will work on the flashboy.

Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic

Register To Post