You are not logged in.
Lost Password?

Register To Post

Bottom   Previous Topic   Next Topic

1st post - Introducing myself (Lee, U.K.)
Posted on: 2015/4/19 16:33
VB Gamer
Joined 2015/4/19
Great Britain
21 Posts
Long Time User (4 Years)
Bought a VB when released (or there after) from Telgames UK for around £149.99 if I remember correctly. Foolishly sold it (can't remember where or for how much (probably ebay). I had Mario Tennis, Mario Clash, Teleroboxer and Galactic Pinball. Pinball was by far my fave game.

Now looking to buy another unit (pref new old stock) and complete a full collection of game titles (U.S. and Jape, nbot bothered about 1 of each region).

Came here for fellow fans, help and amusement.

I'm looking to but a new VB (new old stock). Had a U.S. version before. Like the look of the Jape box art more (and what looks like the most available new unit on ebay). Not sure on any differences (bar manual/box language). Any differences when playing games? Are they region locked?

Re: 1st post - Introducing myself (Lee, U.K.)
Posted on: 2015/4/19 16:53
PVB Elite
Joined 2011/7/1
Germany
1147 Posts
CoderContributorTop10 PosterLong Time User (8 Years) App CoderPVBCC 2013 Entry
Quote:

Lee Chapman wrote:
Bought a VB when released (or there after) from Telgames UK for around £149.99 if I remember correctly. Foolishly sold it (can't remember where or for how much (probably ebay). I had Mario Tennis, Mario Clash, Teleroboxer and Galactic Pinball. Pinball was by far my fave game.

Now looking to buy another unit (pref new old stock) and complete a full collection of game titles (U.S. and Jape, nbot bothered about 1 of each region).

Came here for fellow fans, help and amusement.

I'm looking to but a new VB (new old stock). Had a U.S. version before. Like the look of the Jape box art more (and what looks like the most available new unit on ebay). Not sure on any differences (bar manual/box language). Any differences when playing games? Are they region locked?

Hey there. There is no difference in terms of hardware. No region lock as well.

Posted on: 2015/4/19 17:00
VB Gamer
Joined 2015/4/19
Great Britain
21 Posts
Long Time User (4 Years)
Thanks. Will probably pick up a Jap version then as I think the box art work is a lot cleaner and more appealing to me.

Posted on: 2015/4/19 17:21
VUE(xpert)
Joined 2011/4/8
Great Britain
417 Posts
Long Time User (8 Years)
Welcome! A new old stock unit is going to cost mega bucks.

I bought a like new boxed JP model 3 years back for about £150 with some game sand shipping etc - but there are definitely cheaper options.

Posted on: 2015/4/19 18:24
VB Gamer
Joined 2015/4/19
Great Britain
21 Posts
Long Time User (4 Years)
I've only quickly browsed ebay and they seem to be in the region of £300 for a near mint new old stock unit only. I was leaning towards the idea of being happy of this. Not sure where else to look to be honest. Wanted it to be new old stock as obviously no chance of cracked stands or viewer image problems.

I've already started my collection off with a boxed US version of Mario Tennis. Got that probably a year or two ago now.

Posted on: 2015/4/19 20:55
PVB Elite
Joined 2007/10/26
USA
757 Posts
ContributorTop10 PosterLong Time User (12 Years) Donator
Yahoo japan would prob be the best bet to find the condition you want at the cheapest price..including shipping.

-Eric

Posted on: 2015/4/19 21:06
PVB Elite
Joined 2003/7/26
USA
1466 Posts
PVBCC EntryCoderContributorSpecial AchievementTop10 PosterHOTY09 EntryLong Time User (15 Years) App Coder20+ Game RatingsPVBCC 2013 Entry
Welcome to the site, Lee

Quote:

Lee Chapman wrote:
Wanted it to be new old stock as obviously no chance of cracked stands or viewer image problems.

The stand will probably be in good condition, but don't bet on the displays being in perfect working order, even on an NRFB unit. The degradation isn't caused by use, but by time. Even if they do work right off the bat, you'll probably want to have them soldered to prevent them going bad in the future. When you find one, I suggest you contact TheForce81 and have it done.

Posted on: 2015/4/19 22:59
VB Gamer
Joined 2015/4/19
Great Britain
21 Posts
Long Time User (4 Years)
Quote:

RunnerPack wrote:
Welcome to the site, Lee

Quote:

Lee Chapman wrote:
Wanted it to be new old stock as obviously no chance of cracked stands or viewer image problems.

The stand will probably be in good condition, but don't bet on the displays being in perfect working order, even on an NRFB unit. The degradation isn't caused by use, but by time. Even if they do work right off the bat, you'll probably want to have them soldered to prevent them going bad in the future. When you find one, I suggest you contact TheForce81 and have it done.
Thanks. What's a ball park figure for that kind of work?

Posted on: 2015/4/19 23:00
VB Gamer
Joined 2015/4/19
Great Britain
21 Posts
Long Time User (4 Years)
Quote:

bigmak wrote:
Yahoo japan would prob be the best bet to find the condition you want at the cheapest price..including shipping.

-Eric
Thanks. Didn't even know you could buy from Yahoo. Do you have a link per chance?

Posted on: 2015/4/19 23:51
PVB Elite
Joined 2003/7/26
USA
1466 Posts
PVBCC EntryCoderContributorSpecial AchievementTop10 PosterHOTY09 EntryLong Time User (15 Years) App Coder20+ Game RatingsPVBCC 2013 Entry
Quote:

Lee Chapman wrote:
Thanks. What's a ball park figure for that kind of work?

I only know what I charge, so you'll have to contact TheForce81 to find out his pricing scheme. I'm sure you'll find it very affordable, though, given what you're likely to spend on the unit itself.

Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic

Register To Post