Register To Post

Bottom   Previous Topic   Next Topic

Re: [Demo-Release] Snatcher
Posted on: 2017/1/31 20:00
VB Gamer
Joined 2009/1/12
24 Posts
Long Time User (10 Years)
Wow! I really hope to see the whole thing made! Excellent work!

I haven't played Snatcher in full, but the Policenauts translation was one of my favorite games of all time! Would definitely really enjoy playing this on VB.

God speed!

Posted on: 2017/1/31 22:06
Nintendoid!
Joined 2015/9/18
Canada
154 Posts
Collection Top10 2ndLong Time User (4 Years)
Would absolutely love to see this get a physical release, and such a great backstory behind it. Good luck and fingers crossed :)

Posted on: 2017/2/1 18:54
VB Gamer
Joined 2007/10/21
45 Posts
Long Time User (12 Years)
Snatcher is probably my most played adventure game EVER. I've finished it probably 5-7 times over the years. The story, voices, and music are all top notch.

I absolutely hate that Kojima continues to release Metal Gear over and over, with no love at all for one of his greatest titles. With today's technology, I can only imagine how great a reboot would/could be.

Keep up the great work, and hopefully we can see a full release in the future. For sure put me down for a copy, if and when it ever gets to that point of course.

Posted on: 2017/2/9 21:54
VB Gamer
Joined 2009/1/12
24 Posts
Long Time User (10 Years)
Put me down for a copy too. I would definitely pay for a physical release of this.

Posted on: 2017/2/9 22:27
Nintendoid!
Joined 2015/9/18
Canada
154 Posts
Just while we're here, if in the event this ever becomes a physical release, absolutely add me to the list, I don't care if it's in 2 years, this post is my commitment to being "in" :p

Posted on: 2017/2/9 22:58
Nintendoid!
Joined 2016/7/21
162 Posts
Long Time User (3 Years)
Quote:

jumpman wrote:
Snatcher is probably my most played adventure game EVER. I've finished it probably 5-7 times over the years. The story, voices, and music are all top notch.

I absolutely hate that Kojima continues to release Metal Gear over and over, with no love at all for one of his greatest titles. With today's technology, I can only imagine how great a reboot would/could be.

Keep up the great work, and hopefully we can see a full release in the future. For sure put me down for a copy, if and when it ever gets to that point of course.

I've never played Snatcher, mainly because I despise all of Kojima's Metal Gear games...except for the first two (yes, the NES ones, "I feel asleep!" and all), and I always figured that Snatcher's hype was all part of the same nonsense.

If the ROM is ever finished, I might consider doing a physical release, though - seems a lot of people are super interested in this.

Posted on: 2017/2/10 20:15
PVB Elite
Joined 2011/7/1
Germany
1118 Posts
CoderContributorTop10 PosterLong Time User (8 Years) App CoderPVBCC 2013 Entry
Quote:

Quaze wrote:
Just while we're here, if in the event this ever becomes a physical release, absolutely add me to the list, I don't care if it's in 2 years, this post is my commitment to being "in" :p

Quote:

Nitrosoxide wrote:
Put me down for a copy too. I would definitely pay for a physical release of this.

I still plan to finish Snatcher. It's kind of hard for me to get started again because I know as soon as I do it will consume allot of my time.

I'm also not sure how I feel about a physical release. While I like the idea I do have a problem with infringing copyrights.

Quote:

RetroDan wrote:
If the ROM is ever finished, I might consider doing a physical release, though - seems a lot of people are super interested in this.

It wouldn't be cool if you would just do that.

Posted on: 2017/2/11 14:34
Nintendoid!
Joined 2016/7/21
162 Posts
Long Time User (3 Years)
Bwahaha! I wasn't simply going to do it without talking with you or compensating you, thunder. That's not how I roll. I meant (though I see how it came across that way) that I'd love to help getting a physical release done. It wasn't a "Dur hurr, I gunna make repro an' takes all da munnie!" thing, have no fear.

Posted on: 2017/2/11 17:39
Nintendoid!
Joined 2015/9/18
Canada
154 Posts
Quote:

thunderstruck wrote:
Quote:

Quaze wrote:

Quote:

Nitrosoxide wrote:

I still plan to finish Snatcher. It's kind of hard for me to get started again because I know as soon as I do it will consume allot of my time.

I'm also not sure how I feel about a physical release. While I like the idea I do have a problem with infringing copyrights.

I can certainly understand your reservations there and I do respect them. I don't know if there's any way to release the game as a "not-for-profit-making" fan project or how one would fund or approach such a project without stepping into those waters. Most ways I can think of could also be perceived as a loophole/circumvention with some nefariously-perceived intent attached to it, and most would basically equate to you selling the game to cover the cost of producing it, without making any profit for yourself.

Two issues with that: One, you'd still be "selling" the game, even if you weren't "profiting" from the game. Two, it's a lot of work, and you deserve something for that work. I understand there is such a thing as a "labour of love", but nobody here expects (or wants) you to invest time and effort into something of that scale without compensating you in some way, your efforts deserve rewarding.

So there are some of the roadblocks, if there is anything we can do to break them down, by all available means we will. I certainly have no expectations at this point, but man, pie-in-the-sky it sure would be sweet for something like this to see the light of day someday.

Posted on: 2017/2/11 18:00
PVB Elite
Joined 2007/10/26
USA
757 Posts
ContributorTop10 PosterLong Time User (12 Years) Donator
Let's not put 'the cart before the horse'. It's a great game so far, but a lot of work still needs to be put into it like thunder said.

-Eric

Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic

Register To Post