Posted on: 2015/5/21 21:05
PVB Elite
Joined 2011/7/1
Germany
1118 Posts
CoderContributorTop10 PosterLong Time User (8 Years) App CoderPVBCC 2013 Entry
Quote:

HoMenace wrote:
I've never played Snatcher before, is this how the whole game plays or is there more action of sorts to come?

I only "played" the Original up to the point where my demo ends. But from what I've seen online the only action parts are the shooting sections. They get harder later on though. The 3rd act is supposed to be less action oriented from what I've heard.

Quote:

HoMenace wrote:
The only issues that Ive encountered is low sound and audio track transitioning.

Yeah, the music bothers me a bit as well. I polished it allot already but it's far from perfect. One issue is that I have to convert the source files to 5555 Hz for most of the music loops. Otherwise my music code notably slows down the game. I should rewrite the music code in asm I guess, but the decompression code got kind of complex. The music takes up allot of space as well so not using higher frequencies helps a bit. The code also doesn't do pitch shift.

Quote:

adler_0 wrote:
Same here, I have never played snatcher before this and I can't wait for the next demo!

I actually took a break from VB programming so the current demo is the latest state. I have another vb project in the making which I plan to make public before going back to Snatcher. That hopefully doesn't take that much time.

Re: [Demo-Release] Snatcher
Posted on: 2015/6/27 7:08
Nintendoid!
Joined 2012/10/16
206 Posts
Long Time User (7 Years)
Any word on any of your projects. Always interested.

Posted on: 2016/1/19 4:07
VB Gamer
Joined 2014/8/10
21 Posts
Long Time User (5 Years)
Super excited to try this! Great job. Big fan of the Sega CD version. Do you have any ideas what youre going to do with the more... lewd content?

Posted on: 2016/8/21 17:17
PVB Elite
Joined 2011/7/1
Germany
1118 Posts
Well... it has been a quite long time since I worked on Snatcher (or anything VB related). I actually didn't change a single thing after publishing the demo. However, I decided that it's time to continue.

There is a long list of things that need to be done. I guess the first thing to do is add a save mechanism. I decided to not go with user triggered save files (like in the sega version) but simply save the progress while the game proceeds. That should also make the multiple roms problem a bit easier.

I already made a plan of how to do that. I might start programming sometime next week.

Posted on: 2016/8/21 17:28
VB Gamer
Joined 2015/3/8
Canada
38 Posts
Long Time User (4 Years)
This is really exciting news! A save feature sounds amazing. Thanks for your dedication to this game and the VB scene

Posted on: 2016/8/21 20:32
PVB Elite
Joined 2013/6/17
Canada
1168 Posts
Top10 Poster10+ Game RatingsLong Time User (6 Years)
Sounds awesome man! It's exciting to think of the next chapter of VB Snatcher, thanks for continuing the project!

Posted on: 2016/8/21 22:03
Virtual Freak
Joined 2009/4/30
USA
57 Posts
Long Time User (10 Years) 20+ Game Ratings
This is great news. I loved the demo. Never played the game before and it's great. I've been waiting for you to pick this back up. Super excited! thanks.

Posted on: 2016/8/21 22:04
PVB Elite
Joined 2012/7/9
USA
833 Posts
Top10 PosterLong Time User (7 Years) 20+ Game Ratings
Awesome! I really enjoy how close this community is, it's absolutely amazing how many games are being developed for VB. It's the 3D marvel that I always impress my friends with.

Posted on: 2016/9/18 21:10
PVB Elite
Joined 2011/7/1
Germany
1118 Posts
I finally got around programming a bit. I added the basic code for accessing sram and added a layer on top that handles the game specific code. The game now automatically saves and loads the current screen. So you can switch the game off at any time an continue where you left. I need to move all of remaining data (like items in the inventory) to sram as well which is quite a bit of monkeywork.

I was considering having an actual save feature in one of the menus again as well. I would be a rather easy solution and of course reduce all the sram calls. But then again, I like the idea of having an auto save.

Posted on: 2016/9/20 3:24
VB Gamer
Joined 2015/3/8
Canada
38 Posts
Long Time User (4 Years)
So awesome Keep up the great work, we can't wait to test this out!

Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic

Register To Post