Bottom   Previous Topic   Next Topic

Re: [Demo-Release] Snatcher
Posted on: 2015/4/24 23:16
VB Gamer
Joined 2015/2/1
USA
10 Posts
Long Time User (4 Years)
This is very exciting news, and being done for the right reasons too. While I've been holding off playing Snatcher on my Sega CD until I finally get around to finishing Rise of the Dragon, I have seen enough to be glad you are going more like Sega CD than the Saturn version. I can't wait to check this out and hunt down some replicants, err snatchers. ;)

Posted on: 2015/4/25 12:51
PVB Elite
Joined 2011/7/1
Germany
1109 Posts
CoderContributorTop10 PosterLong Time User (8 Years) App CoderPVBCC 2013 Entry
Quote:

3Dhardcore wrote:
While I've been holding off playing Snatcher on my Sega CD until I finally get around to finishing Rise of the Dragon, I have seen enough to be glad you are going more like Sega CD than the Saturn version.

I wish I had a sega cd and Snatcher so that I could play it myself. I do have a sega saturn but don't speak Japanese.

Posted on: 2015/4/26 16:35
VB Gamer
Joined 2007/10/21
45 Posts
Long Time User (11 Years)
Quote:

thunderstruck wrote:
Quote:

3Dhardcore wrote:
While I've been holding off playing Snatcher on my Sega CD until I finally get around to finishing Rise of the Dragon, I have seen enough to be glad you are going more like Sega CD than the Saturn version.

I wish I had a sega cd and Snatcher so that I could play it myself. I do have a sega saturn but don't speak Japanese.

Try and find an CD image, and run it through emulation, as it really is one of the best games ever made. It's one of my 10 games for sure.

Every time Konami announces a new Metal Gear game, I'm like where's the Snatcher love? But like most big companies now a days, they are stuck in the trap of what they know will bring in the big bucks, and to hell with anything else.

An updated or rebooted Snatcher done right could sale very well, as it is a very unique and well done game, even by today's standards. Sadly, I doubt this game will ever see any "new" versions, so the Sega CD game is the way to go.

Posted on: 2015/4/26 17:20
PVB Elite
Joined 2011/7/1
Germany
1109 Posts
Quote:

jumpman wrote:

Try and find an CD image, and run it through emulation, as it really is one of the best games ever made.

That's what I do to create the VirtualBoy port. I really would like to sit down with the game and play it but it is too expensive. The emulator is ok but it is screwing up the music and voice over sometimes.

Posted on: 2015/5/2 17:10
PVB Elite
Joined 2011/7/1
Germany
1109 Posts
Ok...

Anyone played the demo all the way to the end?
Anyone found any bugs or glitches?
What's about missing features?

Posted on: 2015/5/2 19:23
PVB Elite
Joined 2007/10/26
USA
757 Posts
ContributorTop10 PosterLong Time User (11 Years) Donator
He's opening up the floodgates....

Posted on: 2015/5/4 4:47
PVB Elite
Joined 2007/10/26
USA
757 Posts
ContributorTop10 PosterLong Time User (11 Years) Donator
Oki, it might just be me...

but using a button to back up out of a menu..sometimes i click on something and have to continue the path and I don't have a chance to back up.

I think the conversation pictures (little blocks with the characters face), could use more color (hah yea..on a vboy i know), but I think the use of black in it would work well. But, I think talking to thunder that there is an image behind it and it wouldn't work.

Could those pictures also have depth ? they are used quite a bit..but i'm not sure how many characters you'd have to interact with.

And I can't wait until the save feature is done..helps with checking out different conversations :)

Some of the areas are a bit lacking detail (the factory), but I think that's the conversion process and there isn't much to do about it without making whole new art :P

Overall..nothing to complain about and very little suggestion wise :P It's a great story of course, the 3-d is amazing and the music is great. The computer works well and the shooting does also.

-Eric

Posted on: 2015/5/4 8:36
Administrator
Joined 2000/1/8
Germany
2515 Posts
Highscore Top10Highscore Top ScoreCoder#1 PosterHOTY09 1stLong Time User (15 Years) App Coder90+ Game Ratings
Quote:

bigmak wrote:
But, I think talking to thunder that there is an image behind it and it wouldn't work.

Creating 4 solid colors is not really a problem, you just have to place a completely black image under the actual image. The black color in the "backdrop" image is achieved through a different palette, which sets one of the solid colors as black.

Posted on: 2015/5/21 0:34
Nintendoid!
Joined 2014/1/3
USA
168 Posts
Long Time User (5 Years)40+ Game Ratings
Great job Thunder! While this normally isn't my style of game, it has grown on me. Ive never played snatcher before, is this how the whole game plays or is there more action of sorts to come? I can really appreciate all the hard work and the heart touching back story that has gone into this game.

The only issues that Ive encountered is low sound and audio track transitioning. Other then that, it plays great!

Thanks again and I'm looking forward to the next installment!

Posted on: 2015/5/21 12:04
Virtual Freak
Joined 2009/4/30
USA
57 Posts
Long Time User (10 Years) 20+ Game Ratings
Same here, I have never played snatcher before this and I can't wait for the next demo!

Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic

Register To Post