You are not logged in.
Lost Password?

Register To Post

Bottom   Previous Topic   Next Topic

Re: Just finished my Porta Pi mini arcade kit!
Posted on: 2015/4/2 0:25
VB Gamer
Joined 2015/2/20
USA
26 Posts
Long Time User (4 Years)
Hey man, are you still playing your mini arcade? I need an update on how well the controls are on the Porta Pi and do you notice a significant difference in the rPi 2 compared to rPi B?

I so want this!!!

Posted on: 2015/4/6 14:17
Virtual Freak
Joined 2014/5/27
USA
51 Posts
Long Time User (5 Years)
I haven't had too much time to mess with it alot, but the pi 2 can run pretty much all psx games flawlessly. You can setup the controls in most of the emulators themselves. There are 4 usb ports to use so all you need is controller. I see a lot of people using ps3 or xbox 360 controllers all the time. I still have not had luck getting n64 to work, but it is possible with certain games. I saw a youtube vid of mario kart 64 and it played fine. I myself just play nes, snes, genesis, gbc, gba, gb, and mame mostly. With these systems, the rpi b+ model is more than adequate to run these games. The biggest improvement is the gui os of the rpi2. It is a lot faster than the b+ pi.

Posted on: 2015/4/12 20:34
VB Gamer
Joined 2015/2/20
USA
26 Posts
Long Time User (4 Years)
Hey I was checking out Ryan's site and it looks like he is about to release an update image for the rpi2 for the Porta Pi. Hopefully this will be a decent boost in performance. I like the support he does for his system.

Posted on: 2015/5/14 1:09
Virtual Freak
Joined 2014/5/27
USA
51 Posts
Long Time User (5 Years)
Update! Finally got n64 working! I tried Ryan's updated image and that did the trick. I didn't get to test the games out, but Smash bros loaded up, as well as Zelda 64. I would have to say that emulation of these games is really slow at the moment. Hopefully the people over at petrock get all the bugs worked out.

Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic

Register To Post