Bottom   Previous Topic   Next Topic

Re: Best Vintage Console?
Posted on: 2014/12/25 10:34
VUE(xpert)
Joined 2013/8/23
USA
301 Posts
Long Time User (6 Years)
I voted N64...I rarely play it right now, but it was the first system I bought near launch and played a lot of games to death during its lifespan. The look of the console still appeals to me as well, whereas the SNES just seems like an eyesore sometimes heh...plus I loved having the gold Nintendo Power controller which also was played to death and needs a new joystick badly.

Posted on: 2014/12/26 10:10
VUE(xpert)
Joined 2008/11/4
Netherlands
395 Posts
ContributorLong Time User (10 Years) 20+ Game Ratings
I have to say Neo Geo AES ( still love this systeem and play it evry week )
How the bring the arcade games in to house is perfect done
Its only not on the list so i cant vote ;)

Posted on: 2014/12/26 14:03
PVB Elite
Joined 2011/4/27
USA
2291 Posts
Highscore Top10 1stHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreCollection Top10Contributor#2 PosterLong Time User (8 Years) 30+ Game Ratings
Quote:

VirtualChris wrote:
No love for Atari? The Atari 2600 has every single game imaginable on it, plus homebrew is easy especially with batari Basic. Odyssey 2 would be the runner up.

EDIT: Oh, and Amiga was Commodore not Atari, right?

I definitely share the love for Atari!

I would have to say that the Atari 7800 is the vintage Atari system to own, since it plays not only all 7800 games but MOST 2600 games, too (specifically the ones that will actually fit into the darn system slot!)

With the Atari 2600 and 7800, I actually feel compelled to eventually collect absolutely every single commercially released game that was ever made for each system. I've succeeded so far with the 7800, but I have about 10 more or so to get for the 2600 to complete my North American NTSC loose cart collection.

The thing with the vintage Atari systems is that just about every single game ever made for those systems was action-oriented, which is totally up my alley and which is why I want to collect all the games. Though the NES was, admittedly, a better system, it had a lot of games made for it that I will just never play and have no intention of ever collecting, though that does still leave hundreds that are worth collecting.

Posted on: 2015/2/22 4:05
VB Gamer
Joined 2015/2/20
USA
26 Posts
Long Time User (4 Years)
I would have to say its the NES for me. I remember playing Ikari Warriors and thinking that the Arcade has finally come home. Then Mike Tyson's punch Out's!!! commercial aired and I was in awe after only having Ring King. Although with Pitfall, Warlords, Missile Command, and Astroids the 2600 would be a close second!!! All Vintage systems brought good times!

Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic

Register To Post