Joined 2014/6/4
USA
572 Posts
Long Time User (5 Years)20+ Game Ratings
Quote:

akumie wrote:
A multicart with all the official 24 games and all homebrew demos would be nice
Better than the 1+ min to load a new game with the flashboy

The fact we as a community have any sort of flash cart for this system is good enough for me and should be for just about anyone (especially those of us with no knowledge or skill to make our own). I'm pretty sure if it was that simple to make what you expect/want, it would have been done years ago. By all means if you have the knowledge, get started on it so you don't have to deal with a Flashboy+ cause ya know, god forbid something takes more than an instant to load and games need to be flashed one at a time...

Re: Virtual Fall 2013 surprise
Posted on: 2014/10/2 17:36
VUE(xpert)
Joined 2011/4/8
Great Britain
417 Posts
Long Time User (8 Years)
I know I would LOVE to be able to order one of these - to me it's a part of history!

Posted on: 2014/10/3 0:15
PVB Elite
Joined 2007/10/26
USA
757 Posts
ContributorTop10 PosterLong Time User (11 Years) Donator
We really need to have the coders chime in on this. Looks like we won't be able to make the cart that much different then it is now. Only make a different box/label..

The people that have games on the cart will have to decide if they want a re-release.

-Eric

Posted on: 2014/10/3 12:39
VUE(xpert)
Joined 2011/4/8
Great Britain
417 Posts
Long Time User (8 Years)
All sounds good to me if people are ok with it. I like the packaging a lot already, I don't think it needs huge changes if any :)

Posted on: 2014/10/3 14:34
Nintendoid!
Joined 2014/1/3
USA
168 Posts
Long Time User (5 Years)40+ Game Ratings
Quote:

L___E___T wrote:
All sounds good to me if people are ok with it. I like the packaging a lot already, I don't think it needs huge changes if any :)

I'm pretty sure that the reason for a change is so it is different from the one the coders got. This way it would be a sort of "coder's edition". And this way their surprise is still something special that not everyone could get.

Posted on: 2014/10/3 16:00
Nintendoid!
Joined 2007/11/10
Austria
142 Posts
Long Time User (11 Years)
In case the developers would agree that their games should be released on a cartridge like that I personally would not care if that release would look different than the "coders edition".

On the other hand time and effort was put into this already and as nobody will get "rich" by making such cartridges as it is pure service for the community, we simply will to have accept whatever the makers and programmers of such cartridges might decide to do.

And in my opinion regarding "save the resources for some better cartridges", hell please go and slaughter some "Virtual League Baseball" cartridges to make such a nice homebrew multicart and I am not just saying this because I am from Europe and don“t understand the rules of that game.
;-)

Posted on: 2014/10/3 18:15
Nintendoid!
Joined 2012/8/5
USA
117 Posts
CoderLong Time User (7 Years) PVBCC 2013 3rd
I will chime in as one of the coders. I have no issues giving access to this cart to the community. Its not something I paid for or was even expecting so I am thrilled that I got anything at all. I wrote my entry fully expecting it to be open source and used by the community however they see fit. Just my 2 cents.

Posted on: 2014/10/4 19:56
PVB Elite
Joined 2011/7/1
Germany
1111 Posts
CoderContributorTop10 PosterLong Time User (8 Years) App CoderPVBCC 2013 Entry
For me it is alright if it is sold as it is. I don't need any money for it. I created the multicard as a surprise for all the coders, after Eric said he would pay for making them if I put together the code. Obviously, I also wanted one for myself.

Maybe you guys want to setup a request list before doing the cards so you don't make too many.

Posted on: 2014/10/4 20:13
PVB Elite
Joined 2007/10/26
USA
757 Posts
ContributorTop10 PosterLong Time User (11 Years) Donator
I like the idea that the coders can say they're published on their resumes.

Ahhh even thu it's from a vboy fan site :)

-Eric

Posted on: 2014/10/4 20:17
Virtual Freak
Joined 2013/1/15
USA
94 Posts
10+ Game RatingsLong Time User (6 Years)
Quote:

thunderstruck wrote:
For me it is alright if it is sold as it is. I don't need any money for it. I created the multicard as a surprise for all the coders, after Eric said he would pay for making them if I put together the code. Obviously, I also wanted one for myself.

Maybe you guys want to setup a request list before doing the cards so you don't make too many.

If you do, please place me on that list! Really want one of these. Think it's a fantastic project and a true celebration of how dedicated the VB fans are!

Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic

Register To Post