Register To Post

Bottom   Previous Topic   Next Topic

vb padder not working
Posted on: 2014/9/4 0:16
VB Gamer
Joined 2014/8/16
27 Posts
Long Time User (3 Years)
hi i just got my flash boy today and tryed to use the padder program to make file bigger i drag the rom to the window and when i let go it just closes but where does the file go am i doing somthing wrong?

Re: vb padder not working
Posted on: 2014/9/4 2:26
PVB Elite
Joined 2003/7/26
USA
1427 Posts
PVBCC EntryCoderContributorSpecial AchievementTop10 PosterHOTY09 EntryLong Time User (14 Years) App Coder20+ Game RatingsPVBCC 2013 Entry
Depending on the padder, it may have just modified the input file. Did it change size? Which padding program are you using?

Posted on: 2014/9/4 3:09
PVB Elite
Joined 2011/4/27
USA
2062 Posts
Highscore Top10 1stHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreCollection Top10Contributor#2 PosterLong Time User (7 Years) 30+ Game Ratings
Quote:

drunkencat wrote:
hi i just got my flash boy today and tryed to use the padder program to make file bigger i drag the rom to the window and when i let go it just closes but where does the file go am i doing somthing wrong?

It actually sounds like the padder is, indeed, working properly and that you might simply be losing track of the new, padded file.

Do you have the padder program located in the exact same folder as all of your unpadded Virtual Boy ROMs? If not, try to move everything to the same folder and only have this one folder opened on your computer screen. Then, whenever you drag and drop a Virtual Boy ROM's icon over the icon of the padder, which is located in the same folder, a window should open and close very quickly, just as you described. You should then see the new, padded Virtual Boy ROM file right next to the original ROM file in the same folder. This new, padded file will contain the original Virtual Boy ROM's name followed by "_pad" before the extension of ".vb"

Posted on: 2014/9/4 4:28
VB Gamer
Joined 2014/8/16
27 Posts
Long Time User (3 Years)
tryed that same thing wont make new file i even i even tryed right clicking on the padder program and runing it as admin still same result no new file was made im useing windows 7 will that make a diffrence ? also all my roms are located in the same folder as the padder program exe still get nothing

o im useing the padder program that is hosted on here

Posted on: 2014/9/4 4:33
VB Gamer
Joined 2014/8/16
27 Posts
Long Time User (3 Years)
i figured it out u dont need to open the padder file u just need to drag and drop the rom over the padder icon there needs to be a how do made with some more description lol

Posted on: 2017/12/10 23:54
Joined 2017/11/29
USA
7 Posts
I know this forum is really old, but I had the same problem. Had the padder in a different folder and was dragging the rom file into the command prompt window like an idiot. Put the padder in the same folder and that didn't help.

What you need to do is do not open the padder. Drag the rom file onto the PAD_VB.exe file icon, then that will pad the file.

But, I thought the roms had to be padded to 16 MB to go on the FlashBoy? Mine only come out at 2 MB...

Posted on: 2017/12/10 23:56
VB Gamer
Joined 2007/4/14
Canada
32 Posts
Long Time User (11 Years)
The correct padded ROM size is 16 megabits, not megabytes. A byte is eight bits.

Posted on: 2017/12/11 0:00
Joined 2017/11/29
USA
7 Posts
Nevermind I figured it out. Hold CTRL while running to bring up the options menu. That allows you to change padding size. default value is 21 which corresponds to 2 MB. the value 24 spits out a 16 MB file

Posted on: 3/27 22:24
Joined 3/27
1 Posts
So what number of 0-3 should padding type be? Then the padding size should be 24, and then the rom will come out to the correct size? Mine keep starting at 1 Megabyte and after padding become 16 megabytes

Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic

Register To Post