Bottom   Previous Topic   Next Topic

Virtual Girl!
Posted on: 2014/7/24 1:03
PVB Elite
Joined 2014/6/4
USA
572 Posts
Long Time User (5 Years)20+ Game Ratings
I've been pretty quiet lately but it's only because I've been crazy with foster kittens and fixing display issues on my current VB. I scored 2 beaten up systems for parts/repair and one is gonna go to fixing my original and the other is gonna be converted into a Virtual Girl. Thanks to some member's here that created the VB font and some members that gave the inspiration, it looks like it might just happen. I have a spare controller that I want to add the logo to. Here's a quick concept:

Attach file:

jpg  Virtual-Girl.jpg (254.29 KB)
4178_53d03f37ce83c.jpg 800X1017 px

Re: Virtual Girl!
Posted on: 2014/7/24 1:07
VUE(xpert)
Joined 2011/7/3
USA
435 Posts
CoderContributorLong Time User (8 Years) App Coder40+ Game Ratings
Very nice mock up indeed. Too bad you can't change the colors of the LED's

Posted on: 2014/7/24 1:26
PVB Elite
Joined 2014/6/4
USA
572 Posts
That would be sweet if it were possible. I contemplated making it all pink and white but the black and pink is easier/looks better. I don't want it looking too much like a Barbie product lol.

Posted on: 2014/7/24 2:33
PVB Elite
Joined 2012/7/9
USA
833 Posts
Top10 PosterLong Time User (7 Years) 20+ Game Ratings
I wanna buy a poor shape VB and drill holes and add brackets to make a permanent head strap then I'll removed the stand mount and any weight that's not necessary.

Posted on: 2014/7/24 2:55
PVB Elite
Joined 2011/4/27
USA
2291 Posts
Highscore Top10 1stHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreCollection Top10Contributor#2 PosterLong Time User (8 Years) 30+ Game Ratings
Quote:

retronintendonerd wrote:
I've been pretty quiet lately but it's only because I've been crazy with foster kittens and fixing display issues on my current VB. I scored 2 beaten up systems for parts/repair and one is gonna go to fixing my original and the other is gonna be converted into a Virtual Girl. Thanks to some member's here that created the VB font and some members that gave the inspiration, it looks like it might just happen. I have a spare controller that I want to add the logo to. Here's a quick concept:

That looks sweet!

If it becomes a reality, you will have to share some high quality pics of the finished product with us. :-)

Posted on: 2014/7/24 3:16
PVB Elite
Joined 2007/10/26
USA
757 Posts
ContributorTop10 PosterLong Time User (11 Years) Donator
If you don't want to give it a solid color...

I remember Dorsi had a company hydro dip it.

http://www.planetvb.com/modules/newbb ... t_id=19896#forumpost19896

Pretty amazing job. But, whatever you DO ..ahh do...please post plenty of pics :)

-Eric

Posted on: 2014/7/24 16:44
PVB Elite
Joined 2014/6/4
USA
572 Posts
Plenty of pictures will follow :) My biggest issue right now is sizing the new logo correctly (and hoping the post office delivers the VB to the right house this time).

I like the plasti-dip idea and have done it in the past with my 3DS. I liked it but I might try the paint this time around.

Posted on: 2014/7/24 17:27
Virtual Freak
Joined 2009/4/30
USA
57 Posts
Long Time User (10 Years) 20+ Game Ratings
Get some custom lenses made so instead of looking through red it will bring the shade down to a purple. I think its doable.

Posted on: 2014/7/24 18:01
PVB Elite
Joined 2012/7/9
USA
833 Posts
Top10 PosterLong Time User (7 Years) 20+ Game Ratings
I think that could work to effectively change the tone purple. :)
blue lenses plus the red color LEDs would equal purple.

Posted on: 2014/7/24 19:31
PVB Elite
Joined 2014/6/4
USA
572 Posts
Quote:

adler_0 wrote:
Get some custom lenses made so instead of looking through red it will bring the shade down to a purple. I think its doable.

Quote:

Dreammary wrote:
I think that could work to effectively change the tone purple. :)
blue lenses plus the red color LEDs would equal purple.

You both may be onto something. I might have to look into that

Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic

Register To Post