Bottom   Previous Topic   Next Topic

Flash boy will not connect...
Posted on: 2014/7/15 1:12
Virtual Freak
Joined 2014/7/6
USA
70 Posts
Long Time User (4 Years)
I just got my flash boy plus today… I have windows 8 and 7 and nether recognize the flash boy… I have tried every usb cord I have in the house (4) and every usb port on my computers… I have connected the cords to the computer first then the flashboy. I have connected my cords to the flashboy first then my computer… my flashboy software says “flashboy disconnected” on the top and will not move to connected… I have also restarted my computers, no luck there ether… no other usb devices are connected... any other ideas?
my computers are as follows...

Windows 7 Home premium
AMD A4-3305 APU with Radeon HD Graphics 1.90 GHz
4 GB Ram, 64 bit opperationg system

Windows 8.1
Intel Celeron CPU N2820 @ 2.13GHz 2.13GHz
4 GB Ram, 64 bit operating system, x64 base processor...
Edited by Baptist on 2014/7/15 1:23
Edited by Baptist on 2014/7/15 1:32

Re: Flash boy will not connect...
Posted on: 2014/7/15 2:03
Virtual Freak
Joined 2014/7/6
USA
70 Posts
Long Time User (4 Years)
i just went an bought a new CYBER POWER usb adapter kit which had a supper short USB to USB micro and still no luck... i am officially out of ideas...

Posted on: 2014/7/15 2:15
PVB Elite
Joined 2011/3/10
USA
869 Posts
Top10 PosterLong Time User (7 Years) 30+ Game Ratings
just to clarify, you aren't hearing that little Windows chime when something is connected via USB? if you are, then it may be the software. I recall different builds of the software floating around. I'll attach the one I am using with Windows 7.

i hear the chime no matter what USB cable i use, but found that only the cable Richard included works for flashing. Why? i've absolutely no idea, that is a conversation better left to the engineers on this board.

you should probably just contact Richard directly and discuss this with him. he is a really nice guy and will help you out.

Attach file:

exe FlashBoy.exe Size: 506.50 KB; Hits: 116

Posted on: 2014/7/15 2:19
Virtual Freak
Joined 2014/7/6
USA
70 Posts
Long Time User (4 Years)
thanks... no chime when connected... but i can connect my ipad and get a chime and data flow... i will try the attached file and get back with you...

Posted on: 2014/7/15 2:21
Virtual Freak
Joined 2014/7/6
USA
70 Posts
Long Time User (4 Years)
tried the flashboy.exe... no chime thanks anyway... anyone else have any ideas?

Posted on: 2014/7/15 2:25
PVB Elite
Joined 2011/3/10
USA
869 Posts
Top10 PosterLong Time User (7 Years) 30+ Game Ratings
i noticed that the first time i plugged mine into W7 it took awhile for the USB driver to install. so maybe just plug it in and let it sit for 10 minutes. on XP it always worked instantly. you can install the official virtual XP into W7, maybe that will work? probably not worth the effort if the problem is related to your cart, but you never know.

either way, don't panic. get in touch with Richard and he will help sort you out. it's all worth the wait. the first time you boot up a prototype, translation, or homebrew, you'll be happy you had patience. =)

Posted on: 2014/7/15 3:01
Virtual Freak
Joined 2014/7/6
USA
70 Posts
Long Time User (4 Years)
When i go to add a device it it is not recognizing anything... when i plug it into the computers i don't get any dings or chimes it’s like there is nothing at the end of the cable...
I will leave it plugged in overnight but i have a feeling that won’t fix it.. but never know...

Posted on: 2014/7/15 3:03
Virtual Freak
Joined 2014/7/6
USA
70 Posts
Long Time User (4 Years)
VUE(xpert),
perhaps you can send me you're usb driver... i will manually install it.. if you tell me how...

Posted on: 2014/7/15 3:48
PVB Elite
Joined 2013/6/17
Canada
1006 Posts
Long Time User (5 Years)Top10 Poster10+ Game Ratings
Quote:

Lester Knight wrote:
the first time you boot up a prototype, translation, or homebrew, you'll be happy you had patience. =)

Ain't that the truth. I still remember the first time I used mine...

Have you tried using a different mini USB cable? You never know, It's happened to me before with my smart watch. I thought my device was DOA, but used a different cable and it's all good now.

Edit: Sorry, missed that part in the thread, sounds like you tried that already. Hmmm..

Posted on: 2014/7/15 4:03
Virtual Freak
Joined 2014/7/6
USA
70 Posts
Long Time User (4 Years)
Yeah... i cant wait till i get this resolved... i am soooo close... yet so far away... have tried 4 different types of usb's that i have lying around the house, i even went to the store and bought a short cable still no luck... i think my flashboy might be defected or something... perhaps something happened in the mail? i don't know.

Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic

Register To Post