Bottom   Previous Topic   Next Topic

Re: Second D-play useage?
Posted on: 2014/2/17 8:32
VUE(xpert)
Joined 2013/8/23
USA
301 Posts
Long Time User (6 Years)
Jack Bros. uses the left D-pad to move the characters around (in a top-down view). If you push/hold B while moving like that, the character will use his weapon in whatever direction you're running. If you move with the left D pad and use the right D-pad for the weapon, they will attack in whichever direction the right side is pressed. That way you can run one way but shoot in the opposite direction without stopping.

You may also look at the N64 and see how the yellow C buttons were used, since the right D-pad would be the same approximate setup :). I liked in Mario 64 when those buttons would pan/zoom the camera angle.

Re: Second D-play useage?
Posted on: 2014/2/17 13:32
VB Gamer
Joined 2014/2/10
Great Britain
12 Posts
Long Time User (5 Years)
Quote:

HP Lovethrash wrote:
Jack Bros. uses the left D-pad to move the characters around (in a top-down view). If you push/hold B while moving like that, the character will use his weapon in whatever direction you're running. If you move with the left D pad and use the right D-pad for the weapon, they will attack in whichever direction the right side is pressed. That way you can run one way but shoot in the opposite direction without stopping.

You may also look at the N64 and see how the yellow C buttons were used, since the right D-pad would be the same approximate setup :). I liked in Mario 64 when those buttons would pan/zoom the camera angle.

Oh, that is very cool way of handling the second d-pad, Thanks everyone for helping me with the ideas, I know what I'm going to do and how I'm going to do it. More info on it later though.

Yeah Mario 64 was and still is sweet, but I'll look into some games that used the dpad and c buttons on n64 too.

Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic

Register To Post